Re: Ryan McGarvey

Hi Andre. I look forward to see Ryan in Holland. Where do I send suggestions in what venue he could play???

Send them to me but I'm sure the people who do the bookings know them too.

Thanks for your help Bibi! See you.

Wonderful news, and I will certainly be at Schoeppingen! Alas, Cathy will only be able to join us in June if she wins the lottery - though she did make the winning guess at how many m&ms there were in a bowl at a baby shower.  lol

As far as the booking of other shows goes, how many of us are now 'working' on this? Might be an idea to coordinate so Ryan doesn't (heaven forbid  big_smile  ) wind up with double bookings!

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

George, we don"t  have to do anything anymore. Others do the bookings. Will call you about it tomorrow. Of course is Amsterdam on the list to try!

andre wittebroek wrote:

Well Jim, Cathy and George, he is coming to Europe to the Grolsch Schoeppingen Bluesfestival!! He confirmed yesterday.
Cathy and George thank you so much for contacting Ryan for me and because of that Richard Hoelscher could do the rest. Now we are trying to book more shows for him in Holland, Belgium and Germany that periode.
It's Ryan s first trip to Europe so he is very exited about it.
I hope Joe reads this and has some tips for Ryan about Europe.

Thanks again Cathy and george. Cathy and George there are  free tickets for you  for the festival!

Andre Wittebroek

Keep helping Ryan Andre, he's going to have such a great experience in Europe! I wish I could come over!! Ironic I helped him get to you but I can't get him to Maryland lol  Such is life. XXX Cathy

andre wittebroek wrote:

George, we don"t  have to do anything anymore. Others do the bookings. Will call you about it tomorrow. Of course is Amsterdam on the list to try!

Andre, if you need some names of small clubs and contact persons, I can give you a few (Viersen, Duisburg, Ratingen, Krefeld, Rheinberg)  of some clubs which have loyal followers, a good atmosphere and who are open to book bands that aren't so established or so known in the blues circuit. Just let me know.
I'm also willing to hang up some posters announcing a tour.

Thanks, will let you know when I need your help.

Thanks for your offer.

Be nice to see a 2nd album from this guy.....Guess they can't all be Joe Bonamassa prolific...

Murfdog

The Ryan McGarvey Inaugural 2011 Euro Tour is taking shape nicely!  cool

A complete list of gigs will appear here as soon as possible, watch this space....  wink

RIP Iron Man

lol  lol  lol
Friday, 17 June, Schwarzer Adler, Rheinberg: Ryan McGarvey
My heart nearly collapsed when I saw that date.

@Sissy, as you suggested!  smile

I liked the Outbax Tatort also last november when we saw Aynsley Lister.

@Hammer, now I'm curious!!!

bibi wrote:

@Sissy, as you suggested!  smile

I liked the Outbax Tatort also last november when we saw Aynsley Lister.

@Hammer, now I'm curious!!!

Yes, that was a very nice location with a good audience too.

That's what I found on Ryan's myspace page:

JUN 10
TBD
Groesbrook, Germany (where could that be?)

JUN 11
Grolsch Blues Festival
Schöppingen, Germany

JUN 13
De Weegbrug
Roermond, Limburg, NL

JUN 16
TBD
Munich, Germany

JUN 17
TBD
Belgium or Germany (Haha: Germany Schwarzer Adler - hope it's fixed cause I'll buy my tix in the evening)

JUN 19
Woetstjok
Brunssum, NL

I´m happy to see that the booking in Germany seems to have worked out - I also contacted Ryan about it a few weeks ago. Great to see that he gets the chance to play here - I´m sure the audience will love him. I will try to go to the show in Munich then - are these dates official yet?

Eva

It's Groesbeek not Groesbook and it's about 10 km. south of Nijmegen. So Holland not Germany.
Bluesmoose radio records shows , do interviews etc.there and you can see them on You Tube.
Last time I was there when Henrik Freischlader played  there.
See there website www. bluesmoose.nl
Since 2010 Bluesmoose works together with www.bluesmagazine.nl
They had Joe Bonamassa already 4 years ago.
Bluesmoosw was invited at the Blues In The Schools Joe did at my school in 2009.

Check their website. Great stuff!

Groesbeek is not to far from where you live Sissy!

All the extra shows so far are miles away from me......  sad

RIP Iron Man

bibi wrote:

Groesbeek is not to far from where you live Sissy!

Yes I know.  lol
I'm thinking of Groesbeek. Not so sure that I can convince my boyfriend to start our trip to Schöppingen on Friday with a stop-over in Groesbeek.
But 19 June Brunssum is also in reach and it's on a Sunday but not confirmed on the homepage yet.
Only date that is fixed is 17 June at Schwarzer Adler. Tickets weren't printed last Sunday but I'll get ticket No 1.  cool

36 (edited by BluesMan 2011-04-29 17:02:36)

It was a pleasure to meet and then watch Ryan perform at the Dallas International Guitar Festival. I was able to capture four songs from his performance. Here they are...

"Houston Strut" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8x0ne7i264

"Joyride" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlNuBsO4jro

"Ain't Enough Whiskey" with Mike Zito and Anders Osborne http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjOetYdZGTQ

"Going Down" with Mike Zito and Anders Osborne http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-wMh2mns3I

If you notice on "Joyride", I shot a closeup of the Category 5 amps. They are Joe Bonamassa signature amps; at least that's what the fellow from Category 5 said. cool

Enjoy,

Roy

Joe is the Best!