Topic: Joe's Gold & Red Thinline Tele:

BEAUTIFUL PAINT JOB! That has to do something to the sound ... right? JUST KIDDING! But I do have a curious question: Does anyone know the year of manufacture, pickups, and anything about that custom paintjob? It's AWESOME! I actually dream about it! The history of these incredible instruments is a real turnon!
I actually thought the Gibson hollowbody was white until I saw one of my pix and realized it was a blonde fiddleback maple. Just incredible!
   Anybody with that amount of savvy has to be cool by definition.... Don't forget to listen to BB, guys and gals. Remember your roots.

Re: Joe's Gold & Red Thinline Tele:

I believe you are refering to the custom Gigliotti tele he plays. It is a brass top mahogany body and neck with a tobaco burst finish. Made by Patrick Gigliotti www.gigliottiguitars.com prounounce Geeloty. The one he plays most frequently is a proto type made for Joe in I believe 2004. He also has a Two Strat style Gigliotti's and two
other Tele's one a 22 frett Joe B signature and a aluminum topped prototype.

The color has to do with the brass top in an etched swirl pattern with a fade in paint job blended with the mahogany body stain color. They are works of art that not only look killer but sound killer too.

jim m

jim m wrote:

I believe you are refering to the custom Gigliotti tele he plays. It is a brass top mahogany body and neck with a tobaco burst finish. Made by Patrick Gigliotti www.gigliottiguitars.com prounounce Geeloty. The one he plays most frequently is a proto type made for Joe in I believe 2004. He also has a Two Strat style Gigliotti's and two
other Tele's one a 22 frett Joe B signature and a aluminum topped prototype.

The color has to do with the brass top in an etched swirl pattern with a fade in paint job blended with the mahogany body stain color. They are works of art that not only look killer but sound killer too.

jim m

I can't recall the last time I actually saw him play an actual Tele Jim.  Can You?

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Just the Esquire in the DVD. I can't recall if he played that the first time I saw him in 2002. Possibly.

jim m

Thanks Guys!
   After I posted the inquiry about the "Thinline," I got out Joe's new CD, You and Me, took out the liner notes, and figured out it had to be the Gigliotti. But I do appreciate your replies, even if the question was obtuse. HA!!!
   By the way, it's now 1;39 PST and I'm having insomnia, not the fun kind either, so I just decided to check for replies. I'm 57 these days and quit the fun kind a ways back in life. I personally think my generation, the Flower Children, got way too hung up in a classic rut syndrome. It's always sad to see these people late in life still getting busted, thinking they are using when they are still abusing after all these years.
   Kenny Wayne Shepherd's song, Spank, says it well. Of course, there's always a stroll on the wild side....
   Life is like guitar playing, it sounds stale and droll once you get locked in ruts. I believe Joe mentions this in his liner notes.
   Back to Bed! Before I get lost in my worst rut of all: SPIDER SOLITAIRE!
       YYYyyyyiiiiiIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkeeeeeEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
           TeleFreakSteve