Topic: JB LP "BonaBurst" Question

I thought Wildwood marketed limited run of 25-units in BonaBurst, then brought more in later on, they still have about 15-in stock.  Anybody shed some light on this........Limited or No Longer Not So Limited?

Re: JB LP "BonaBurst" Question

t92780 wrote:

I thought Wildwood marketed limited run of 25-units in BonaBurst, then brought more in later on, they still have about 15-in stock.  Anybody shed some light on this........Limited or No Longer Not So Limited?

I believe there are 75 total in existence. From what I've heard, there were 25 made initially, but the demand was so high that they made 50 more. They are Wildwood exclusives meaning you can't them new anywhere else unless it's sold privately. I own #31 and Joe owns #52. They are phenomenal guitars. Joe has even said himself that his Bonamassa Burst is his favorite of all his signature models.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Joe also has the prototype too I believe. I have #08 and it's got a big neck. Joe was surprised by how big the neck felt when he signed the guitar for me at the Wilkes-Barre gig. I like it!  big_smile

Spider wrote:

Joe also has the prototype too I believe. I have #08 and it's got a big neck. Joe was surprised by how big the neck felt when he signed the guitar for me at the Wilkes-Barre gig. I like it!  big_smile

Correct on the prototype Spider. It is the one he plays on the road, you can recognize it by no scratch guard. When we talked to him in Bonn, he remarked the screws fell out and he never put it back on.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Yeah them old cheap gibson's with the screws falling out.  tongue

Sorry, but that's horrid by WW to extend offering after marketing it as limited 25-units.  I called up Wildwood to work a deal when I heard 25 limited units would be available and they didn't accept my offer (no big deal), but rep said he couldn't, as ONLY 25-units were ever being made, very limited run that will sell out quickly - no reason to discount to my offer. 

Personally I would be pissed to see extended run - I would have still had a great guitar, just not what I bought into on how limited.  I've always like WW and will do business with them, but not agreeing with this, I'm very surprised there wasn't a big up roar on this.  Sorry, I create and market products to the largest retailers and I would never done this, I would have just launched another color.

Sorry for the rant.

Don't hold me to this but  I thought they said it was an "initial offering of 25"  I remember buying mine and thinking it would probably be more.  Of course I could be remembering wrong.....Also I thought I saw 5 or 6 of them at a shop in the U.K.  numbers were in the high 50's.  Maybe they bought them from WW.

Either way a great guitar....but that's what WW rep told me, maybe he mis-spoke.

xcorporate wrote:

Don't hold me to this but  I thought they said it was an "initial offering of 25"  I remember buying mine and thinking it would probably be more.  Of course I could be remembering wrong.....Also I thought I saw 5 or 6 of them at a shop in the U.K.  numbers were in the high 50's.  Maybe they bought them from WW.

Yeah guitarvillage.co.uk have 3 in stock, 2 sold. They also have a JB goldtop in stock atm, as well as some other rather nice lesters

Guitars: Gibson JBLP Studio, Gibson LP '58 Reissue VOS Washed Cherry, Gibson LP Standard Ltd Edition Manhattan Midnght Blue, Gibson LP Custom Black Beauty 3PU with Bigsby, Gibson SG Standard, Fender Telecaster Jimmy Page Custom.

If they said that to sell a guitar I agree that's not cool.  Like you, I've been very happy with them but I would probably provide an earful to whoever tried to sell me something that way.  Might work out better for you if one becomes available on the secondary market for less $.  You never know.....

t92780 wrote:

Either way a great guitar....but that's what WW rep told me, maybe he mis-spoke.

Wildwood advertised the first 25 was theirs exclusively, only to be sold/shipped within the US. After the first 25 the EU would be getting some or they would then ship outside the US. Since this really was a deal between WW and Gibson I figured it wouldn't be a true limited run. No problem as I enjoy the guitar. One of my favorites!

That's it guitarvillage.     thanks..

lp_lover wrote:
xcorporate wrote:

Yeah guitarvillage.co.uk have 3 in stock, 2 sold. They also have a JB goldtop in stock atm, as well as some other rather nice lesters

13 (edited by t92780 2011-03-17 13:32:07)

I found original marketing verbiage from WW:

"We are so impressed and excited about this brand new Joe Bonamassa Ltd VOS Les Paul! We would like to give our customers the chance to put in their pre-orders for this amazing new signature model. This is a Limited Run and available in the US only at Wildwood Guitars! We will be receiving serial numbers 1-25, expected early June 2010".

When I see verbiage that states Limited Run, associated number (1-25) with Limited Run verbiage and avialable in US ONLY....well...need not to say anymore, that's my thought, as well as WW rep I talked to at time. I guess one could say, what did they mean by "receiving"?

Again, I like WW - just threw me when I saw all these new BonaBursts on website.

t92780 wrote:

I found original marketing verbiage from WW:

"We are so impressed and excited about this brand new Joe Bonamassa Ltd VOS Les Paul! We would like to give our customers the chance to put in their pre-orders for this amazing new signature model. This is a Limited Run and available in the US only at Wildwood Guitars! We will be receiving serial numbers 1-25, expected early June 2010".

When I see verbiage that states Limited Run, associated number (1-25) with Limited Run verbiage and avialable in US ONLY....well...need not to say anymore, that's my thought, as well as WW rep I talked to at time. I guess one could say, what did they mean by "receiving"?

Again, I like WW - just threw me when I saw all these new BonaBursts on website.

They (WW) never stated the total amount of this "limited run". They only stated, WW would be getting the first 25 exclusive to the US, exclusive to WW. Honestly, you have to read into the verbiage and know whats marketing hype and what's the truth. Know what your buying or don't buy. WW was/is trying to cash in on JB's popularity. It's that simple.

I wish all consumers would be so understanding of this marketing approach.  Every manufacturer should use "Limited Run" on every product, as it doesn't disclose how many, when will expire, etc.....just limited to whatever and wherever. 

For many people buying a guitar, it's very special for owner to know and not just for re-sale value, but to know I got 1-25 in the world, etc ...that word "Limited" should not be thrown around loosely for interpertation, as was by WW IMHO.

All they had to say was: 
Joe Bonamassa Wildwood Guitars Exclusive!! First Twenty Five (25) "BonaBursts" On Order - Pre-Order Yours Today!!

Sorry, back to guitar stuff...thanks for answering.