Topic: Greetings all....

Wow.  Wow.  Wow.....    The hair on my arms is standing straight up - I could rest a 24oz can of beer on it and it wouldn't touch my skin.   

Growing up in Texas and spending the majority of my 'formative' years destroying my ear drums at Antones watching the likes of SRV, Eric Johnson, and more recently Monte Montgomery... (too many amazing players to list really)  I fancy myself as a 'guitar player' afficianado.  I'm sure you can add a host of others to that list - forgive me if I didn't list your favs.   

Now that I'm in California I've been able to enjoy the tasty playing of Robben Ford and some really great jazz players like Chuck Loeb, Jeff Golub, Norman Brown etc....    Let me tell you.... those are some amazing players...

BUT!   I've never been moved by a guitar player like Joe Bonamassa.  Holy cow.  I was 'turned on' over the x-mas holiday and bought every CD and DVD I could get my hands on.  I don't think I've had any other CD in my changer since. 

The trio is as tight as a band can be - talent is literally gushing out of them.  Kudos to Joe Bonamassa and the band!   You guys have really got it going on and I'm so diggin' this!   

Low and behold my wishes came true when they announced a show in my neighborhood next week.   

Anyway, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for a talent that is already legendary - a truly gifted human being.   I'm just so glad he has decided to share his gift with us - we're blessed.  And I'm not a religious person - trust me.

Cheers all!   I'll see you at the show - I'll be the one who can't wipe the smile off his face. 

JB

Re: Greetings all....

Welcome my guitar shreddin affecionado brother!

Dont know which show your goin to, hell I might see you there.

Shredit

Hey JB, welcome aboard the forum.

Music is good for the Soul...

Welcome and hope you enjoy the forum.

Andre Wittebroek.

Welcome Johnny.
Hope you will enjoy this forum and Joe's shows in the future.

Greetz

Welcome JohnnyB. I happened to notice in your intro the name Monte Montgomery. He was just recently booked to open for Joe when he plays the MN Zoo Amphitheater on Sept. 6. You mention him with some pretty good company in SRV and Eric Johnson. What more can you tell me about him? I've never heard him. Any CD's you would recommend? Thanks.

Hi Johnny..Welcome to the world of Joe..Warning!! Addiction is probable!! Can't wait for your review of your Bonabaptism..You will never be the same....See you in rehab....Cathy

Hi Johnny,

Welcome to the forum.  Attending one of Joe's shows is an experience that everyone should have?  I love the reviews from people that just saw Joe perform for the first time.  Even if you've heard about him and listened to his cd's, nothing is like experiencing one of his live shows. 

Hope you have a blast  smile

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Johnny,
Welcome aboard! It' a wild ride and it sounds to me like the Bonamassa cd's may be in your cd player forever (it's been 3 years for me), luckily Joe's been adding to my collection with a new release due out July/August.
Let us know how your first live show goes. There is absolutely nothing like seeing Joe live and everyone here on the forum LOVES to hear about it.
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"