Re: Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul Registry

My son's JBLP -
Owner: dknight16
S/N: 10101507558
Mfg Date: 12/31/2010
Quality Issues: none

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

dknight16 wrote:
RuBiX wrote:

Owner: RuBiX
S/N: 10101507410
Mfg Date: didnt/cant see one
Quality Issues: Also the fretboard didnt stain evenly and i have unstained lines about as thick as a highlighter going from the 17th fret on the high E string all the way up to the 1st fret and it goes up to the G string from the 12 fret to the ....

They don't stain rosewood.  Whatever striping you have is natural.  Sometimes it looks cool, sometimes it doesn't. In any case it's natural variation rather than a defect.  I have some of this on my Gibson 50's Tribute Les Paul.  It doesnt bother me.  My son's Paul Reed Smith has a lot of it and gives the fretboard a really cool marbled look.

Ya know, the more ive been playing with it and looking at it it does give it personality. One of my good buddies that use to play in voodoo sauce came over today and took a look at the new member of the family. He said the same thing. Im know i have a one of a kind with this baby and im treating her the way she should of been the day she was made. Thank you for the stain knowledge, i had no idea, that is what they told me at GC LOL

21 (edited by Rockfarmer 2011-02-15 20:53:05)

Owner:   Rockfarmer
S/N:        10101507548
Quality:   Pristine & Flawless
No Warrenty Card in the box

RuBiX wrote:

Im know i have a one of a kind with this baby and im treating her the way she should of been the day she was made.

Enjoy her.  My son just loves the thick neck.  The JBLP has already become his favorite guitar. I hope his LP Standard and Tele don't gather too much dust. smile

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Owner: gta05
S/N: 10101512963
Mfg Date: 01/19/2011
Quality Issues: none

24 (edited by dknight16 2011-02-16 09:02:30)

Interesting to note that I have a lower serial number than my son's, yet his is dated 20 days before mine on the warranty card.  It seems the date is pretty much meaningless as Nashville did not set them up in any kind of first in first out sequence.  Also one in San Diego and one in the UK are only 3 numbers apart.  This looks about as random as you can get!

Also, I believe RuBiX is from the USA as well.

Owner: Josh J
SN. 10101511873
Mint Cond.
Location Tampa FL

Eppman11
S/N 10101507703

Epi JBLP#703

27 (edited by airportdon 2011-02-16 20:45:09)

Owner: Airportdon

S/N 10101507935

No issues-arrived mint

There is no MFG date on the card.
( Arrived Dec 28th )

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Dang I didn't think this was ever gonna happen. big_smile

Owner - Jerrdogg

Location - USA

S/N  -  10101514379

MFG Date - 1/19/2011

Quality -  Pristine & Flawless

Jerrdogg wrote:

Dang I didn't think this was ever gonna happen. big_smile

Owner - Jerrdogg

Location - USA

S/N  -  10101514379

MFG Date - 1/19/2011

Quality -  Pristine & Flawless

Glad to see you finally got one Jerrdogg!  Enjoy!

Signing in from New York. #10111509623  1/19/2011
Mine weighs in at 8.54 lbs. (The Custom Shop JBLP goes 9.22 lbs.)
Side by side with the Custom Shop Gold Top, it is a completely different shade of gold paint with a larger metal flake. On first inspection I couldn't find much wrong with it but I went over it again last night. There are a couple of scratches on the back and the pick guard is fairly well scratched up (in the direction of where a pick would be hitting it). I'm thinking Mr. setup/inspector #9 in Nashville had a good time riffing on it for a while. Not that I mind as I'm not planning on EBay flipping it.

Major Tom to ground control...

Owner: Wingman111                                                                                                                                                                             Serial: 10091512418                                                                                                                                                                           Mfg date:Unknown no warr. card                                                                                                                                                                  Location:USA                                                                                                                                                                                          Weight:9lb 10oz                                                                                                                                                                                  Condition on arrival:No cosmetic flaws,dead D string                                                                                                                             Mods:Faber locking bridge,Faber locking aluminum tailpiece,RS guitar works Superpots volume and CTS tone pots Jensen paper in oil caps,vintage shielded wire throughout switchcraft jack,already had switchcraft long 3 way toggle stock.Gibson jackplate,Gibson gold reflector top hat knobs,Peter Green mod on front pickup.strings,pro set up.

The Register is filling out nicely. Keep 'em coming.  smile

My Epiphone didn't have the "Lifetime Warranty" sticker on the pickguard or the warranty leaflet in the case. I suspect this is probably another example of the Brits (and Euros?) being short changed. It could be for legal reasons, however, but I'd be interested in hearing if any other Epiphones making it to this side of the pond have a (limited) lifetime warranty and card.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:

My Epiphone didn't have the "Lifetime Warranty" sticker on the pickguard or the warranty leaflet in the case. I suspect this is probably another example of the Brits (and Euros?) being short changed. It could be for legal reasons, however, but I'd be interested in hearing if any other Epiphones making it to this side of the pond have a (limited) lifetime warranty and card.

Phil

Joe mentioned having a pile of paper needing signatures in the Rockfarmer meet I posted on the San Diego topic.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Phil

Joe mentioned having a pile of paper needing signatures in the Rockfarmer meet I posted on the San Diego topic.

No lifetime warranty or sticker with mine (from Thomann in Germany) - thought it was just me !

Aren't these beautiful guitars hard to find, but well worth it! .

Unless overlooked any idea on how the numbering works?

I was scared after reading these posts late Jan. that I missed an opportunity to get my hands on one of these. Then Feb. 2nd I had an opportunity to place an order through AMS. I am stoked! Expected to be shipped March 8th although with the case issue this may be delayed. For those that already have them, is epiphone offering to replace your cases?