Re: What have you done for Joe today?

Cathysiler thanks for your nice words. We do our best to promote Joe overhere and we see every time Joe comes over, succes increases!!
So it works so far. I'm sure that when Joe plays the Paradiso in Amsterdam (2000 places)in October (that's what I've heard) it will be sold out again like last year and all his shows in Germany and U.K. I haven't heard anything about France yet.

Basement welcome to the club, it's really nice to be here, hope you like it.

Marianne Ridderkerk is quite a long drive, but Joe is worth even more so I'll come if possible. let me know if it works out well and lots of pleasure in Antwerp. I wanted to go but my wife goes with work to Carre Amsterdam to a musical on April 1st .Cats I think.
I have to stay home with the kids. Put on the Rockpalast DVD, have a good wine and think I'm in Antwerpen!

Andre Wittebroek.

Delivered the 40th anniv. special of Rolling Stone to a lady on my route yesterday. We met at the mail box the same time. So I say " you a stoner", she laughs "what?". I'm laughing " the rolling stone, here you go". Some small talk, so I WRITE Joe's name down for her. We'll see.

21 (edited by JBrules 2007-04-22 12:37:41)

My friend was always bugging me to borrow the Rockpalast dvd ,so I bought him 1 for his birthday in March. I stop by his house the other nite and see about 5 cars in the drive-way, he plays in a band so I figure he's jamin. As i open my truck door I hear Joe on volume 11 When I go in he tells everyone that I'm the guy that turned him on to Joe. Seems he hasn't taken the Rockpalast dvd out since March.  Spent the next hour answering questions like, How come we never heard of this guy??Does he have cd's out? I had to spell his name for a few of them so they could look for his cd's. More Bona-heads in the making..............JBrules.

22 (edited by Shredit 2007-04-22 13:52:15)

JBrules wrote:

My friend was always bugging me to borrow the Rockpalast dvd ,so I bought him 1 for his birthday in March. I stop by his house the other nite and see about 5 cars in the drive-way, he plays in a band so I figure he's jamin. As i open my truck door I hear Joe on volume 11 When I go in he tells everyone that I'm the guy that turned him on to Joe. Seems he hasn't taken the Rockpalast dvd out since March.  Spent the next hour answering questions like, How come we never heard of this guy??Does he have cd's out? I had to spell his name for a few of them so they could look for his cd's. More Bona-heads in the making..............JBrules.

Man I'm glad your friends know greatness. I got my Rockpalast back from a friend from work, a friend who I respect. This guys has seen a ton of guitar players. So any ways, I ask him with enthusiasm " well wouda think", I'm smiling, expecting a raving review. He looks at me and says " he's ok, but I gotta tell you I'm a little disappointed." Now I'm wide eyed, and a little pissed. " Why" shrugging my shoulders. He hits me with " come on Dave I know all those riffs, a lot of good guitar players can do that" he starts naming them the ones he hears on the dvd, Frampton, Satriani yada, yada, yada. So I come back with " hold on I'm getting a pen and paper, I gotta know those guys your talkin about, I'm buying everything they got out. You dont think that slide work is worthy either I'll bet". Were jawing loud now, " I'd kill to see him play with the Allman Bros." Then finally he commits a sin " I cant stand those guys". I shake my head in disbelief and say " turn in your rocknroll card,your done". He will never borrow any of my library again!

Shred

I have a part time job at a petrol station and today i had an idea big_smile. The shop has a cd player so tonight during my shift i brought with me Lve at Rockpalast on cd. Not only does it keep me entertained at work but anyone who enters gets to hearthe fantastic music. Unfortuneately there weren't that many people in tonight and noone asked about the music but i think i may have converted the person who was working with me big_smile

Matt

That's a great thing Matt!! Joe always makes me happy! "Petrol" stations are an excellent place to get new Joe fans, captive audience!...Cathy

Just fired off an e-mail to the classic rock station in Sac town. I'll find out in a few days what the skinny is! There are quite a few stations, there all owned by the same co. I believe.

Damn, guess I should let you know what the subject was!

Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:18:35 -0700 (PDT)

To: feedback@eagle969.com
    Dont really know how to approach this topic, so I'll just wing it!
There is a great blues and rock guitarist I've been following for awhile,
his name is Joe Bonamassa. He has his 30th birthday coming on May 8. As
a member of the " Joe Bonamassa Street Team" were trying to organize a
nation wide push to have 1 song played on his birthday  He has put out
5 albums to date, one a year since 2001, a new one due out this Aug.
Dont know if it's possible by " The Eagle ". As a loyal listener since
moving to Sac over a decade ago, thought I'd ask. If you could drop me a
line I'd appreciate it.

Shredit wrote:

Just fired off an e-mail to the classic rock station in Sac town. I'll find out in a few days what the skinny is! There are quite a few stations, there all owned by the same co. I believe.

Damn, guess I should let you know what the subject was!

Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:18:35 -0700 (PDT)

To: feedback@eagle969.com
    Dont really know how to approach this topic, so I'll just wing it!
There is a great blues and rock guitarist I've been following for awhile,
his name is Joe Bonamassa. He has his 30th birthday coming on May 8. As
a member of the " Joe Bonamassa Street Team" were trying to organize a
nation wide push to have 1 song played on his birthday  He has put out
5 albums to date, one a year since 2001, a new one due out this Aug.
Dont know if it's possible by " The Eagle ". As a loyal listener since
moving to Sac over a decade ago, thought I'd ask. If you could drop me a
line I'd appreciate it.

Hi Dave,

We have heard of Joe Bonamassa, but honestly, we haven't heard his
music yet.  We'd be glad to take a listen to his work, if you have a CD
or file to share.  Thanks for your support of Classic Rock in
Sacramento. Respond to feedback@eagle969.com

Brian
Eagle Music Dept.

Does anyone have a music file they can forward to "The Eagle". Respond to feedback@eagle969.com

Thanks.........Dave

Good for you and good for your station. You know I have no cyber skills but fear not someone will help you!!! Buy yourself a beer from the ST!!! Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Good for you and good for your station. You know I have no cyber skills but fear not someone will help you!!! Buy yourself a beer from the ST!!! Cathy

Hi Cathy, got some news. Jim M. came through big time, the radio station liked what they heard. They have more being sent to them. I owe Jim " bigtime ", great guy to talk to also.

Thanks Jim...........Dave

Hi Dave:

Well done - as an aside, how do you like Sacremento - you mentioned that you've been living there for about 10 years...?

Although I'm originally from the Los Angeles area (Anaheim in Orange County), I always thought that Sacremento was geographically in a great location. You're relatively close to the Monterey / Big Sur area - San Francisco - Reno - Lake Tahoe area,  San Luis Obispo / Pismo beach area and, if you're feeling like some log jam traffic and fantastic smog, you're not that far from the Los Angeles area.

Since you're in Sacremento and Joe is now living in Los Angeles, maybe you could pull some strings and use your influence to convince Ah-nold to declare a "Joe Bonamassa Day".

Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.

Mark

markgtrplyr wrote:

Hi Dave:

Well done - as an aside, how do you like Sacremento - you mentioned that you've been living there for about 10 years...?

Although I'm originally from the Los Angeles area (Anaheim in Orange County), I always thought that Sacremento was geographically in a great location. You're relatively close to the Monterey / Big Sur area - San Francisco - Reno - Lake Tahoe area,  San Luis Obispo / Pismo beach area and, if you're feeling like some log jam traffic and fantastic smog, you're not that far from the Los Angeles area.

Since you're in Sacremento and Joe is now living in Los Angeles, maybe you could pull some strings and use your influence to convince Ah-nold to declare a "Joe Bonamassa Day".

Whats up Yaz!

Thought I'd answer you, I enjoy all your post, dude your as smooth as my boy Jeter. You know I'm a Yankee fan right! ( lol ).Your spankin us now, but George is gonna get the head hunter back in pinstripes soon, you now I'm talkin bout Clemens ( ha ha ha ).

Sacramento is a great place to live, your right, the location is ideal. If you have to fix that adrenalin rush, you can: snow ski, water ski, surf, and hit the late baseball games if you plan it right, all in a day. Oh yeah, the second set of a local gig works too!

The music scene blows the Bay Area away in my opinion, there are so many small clubs within a 30 min. drive. When I first moved here, they use to have a huge music festival every summer " The Sac. Heritage Festival ". Musicians from all over the country would come. Unfortunately it had financial problems and they have had to really scale it back! But you still get some great ones: Tommy Castro, Joe Louis Walker, just to name a couple of blues players. One year they  brought in this guy, his name was Junior Brown, I think he is from Texas, anyways he is playing like this lap steel guitar if my memory serves my right, he just mesmorized the crowd with a unbelievable masterpiece, He starts it off with some Johnny Rivers "secret agent man " to "stair way to heaven". It was one of those you dont forget!                         

Sacramento is a little to small for me, I'm definetly a big city dude. Told Debbie I have to hit Yankee Stadium this year, gotta see one game before the new park opens. Got my eye on B.B. Kings in Oct. Seing Joe and the Yanks would be one of the best trips ever. The way the Yanks are goin now, they wont be there in Oct. though!

See ya............Dave

P.S........Nobody ever played " the monster " like Yaz!

Hi yall, hope your all doin fine.

Well dont you want to know how Shred is doing?

I thought so! Right now I'm beside myself, cant divulge it at this time, so stay tuned. The program director at the classic rock station is VERY impressed with Joe.

So you put your heads down on the pillow tonight and sleep tight. I wont have that luxury, as I'm a bit of a insomniac anyways. This has huge possibilities. I better stop now I might give it away!

Teasin and Pleasin my friends on the forum

Shredit

P. S.........Packin for Memphis tonight, gotta find a computer there!

Shredit wrote:
markgtrplyr wrote:

Hi Dave:

Whats up Yaz!

Thought I'd answer you, I enjoy all your post, dude your as smooth as my boy Jeter. You know I'm a Yankee fan right! ( lol ).Your spankin us now, but George is gonna get the head hunter back in pinstripes soon, you now I'm talkin bout Clemens ( ha ha ha ).

Sacramento is a great place to live, your right, the location is ideal. If you have to fix that adrenalin rush, you can: snow ski, water ski, surf, and hit the late baseball games if you plan it right, all in a day. Oh yeah, the second set of a local gig works too!

The music scene blows the Bay Area away in my opinion, there are so many small clubs within a 30 min. drive. When I first moved here, they use to have a huge music festival every summer " The Sac. Heritage Festival ". Musicians from all over the country would come. Unfortunately it had financial problems and they have had to really scale it back! But you still get some great ones: Tommy Castro, Joe Louis Walker, just to name a couple of blues players. One year they  brought in this guy, his name was Junior Brown, I think he is from Texas, anyways he is playing like this lap steel guitar if my memory serves my right, he just mesmorized the crowd with a unbelievable masterpiece, He starts it off with some Johnny Rivers "secret agent man " to "stair way to heaven". It was one of those you dont forget!                         

Sacramento is a little to small for me, I'm definetly a big city dude. Told Debbie I have to hit Yankee Stadium this year, gotta see one game before the new park opens. Got my eye on B.B. Kings in Oct. Seing Joe and the Yanks would be one of the best trips ever. The way the Yanks are goin now, they wont be there in Oct. though!

See ya............Dave

P.S........Nobody ever played " the monster " like Yaz!

Good morning Shredit:

In view of the fact that you're a self-confessed Yankee fan, this may very well be my last direct post to you smile- of course, everybody knows that there is a huge rivalry between the Red Sox and Yankees and that the fans from both cities really don't like each other too much. But what I feel for the Yankees goes way beyond "not liking" them.

But you had a couple of good comments to make about Yaz ol' #8 so you'll get a reprieve for now - yeah, you're right - he played the Wall better than anybody. What a progression in left field in Fenway - Ted Williams to Yaz to Jim Rice and today Manny Ramirez. That's a few good hitters..!!

Speaking of Derek Jeter, if I could ever make a pact with the Devil i.e. he can have my soul in exchange for some gift, my first wish would be to be able to be the BEST guitar the world has ever seen.

I think my second wish - and not too far behind my first- would be to be a young, single man again in POSSESSION of Derek Jeter's "little black book". Man, that wouldn't be too hard, would it - waking up each morning and being a SINGLE, good looking, multi-millionaire, future hall-of-famer shortstop with the New York Yankees big_smile

I enjoy your posts as well - they're always good for a chuckle or two or twenty..:)

Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem.

Mark

BluesMan wrote:

Hey, here's one that even I didn't see coming. About 3 weeks ago I bought a new car and traded in my old one. Of course, the sales person and their auto tech had to take it for a test drive to make sure that everything was working on my car as I indicated. Well, upon their return, the sales person comes up to me with a concerned look on her face. She says she's sorry, but they couldn't accept my car as a trade in. I'm looking her straight in the eye when a big smile comes across her face. She says that they can't accept my car unless I include the CD that was playing when they took it for a test drive. I had forgotten that I had Joe's "New Day Yesterday-Live" CD cranked when I pulled into the dealership and forgot to turn the player off. This led us into a long discussion about Joe and his career. Needless to say, I left the dealership with the new car, a good deal and of course Joe's CD (and 2 converts).

Mornin Blues

You know thats b.s. (lol)

I do that all the time, when I want someone to check out an artist I'm listening to. What song was it?

I'm in Memphis right now, Walter Trout put out a big thank you to Joe for helping out on his new album. Caught me off guard, I'm in front of the stage with my " You and Me" shirt on. I could have yanked him on his **** I was so close. I'm pointing at my shirt, Walter looked and smiled, not sure if it was the shirt, or me trying to keep time. The man is a monster on that strat!

Shred

Sounds awesome Shred I love Walters new cd "Full Circle".. Never seen him live but hope to soon. ..........Rock-on   ..JBrules

Have I told you guys how much I love you? You all are the best! I know you're going to like this story Shred....Sitting on the veranda of this posh hotel in Tampa. Start a conversation with this really nice guy who says he works in baseball. Now, in the lobby is a sign that says "please do not bother guests for autographs"..I'm thinking musicians as the blues fest was right next door....anyway...it turns out he was the manager of the Minn. Twins!!! None of the men in our group believed me until we went to dinner and there it was on the tv Minn twins at Tampa Bay!!! and the hotel was "rich" in baseball players..Shred..you would have loved it....Now, the Joe story...Met a couple from Georgia on the Blues Cruise. They met me in Tampa for the festival. I raved about Joe and gave them a CD. The 2nd day when they showed up Colin had on a Bloodline shirt. He says it's his favorite one and he never realized it had Smokin Joe Bonamassa listed 1st on the back..It was the summer of 1995, Macon Georgia, Elizabeth Reed's at the Hilton. It was a GABBA Brother's and Sister's Reunion!!!!! Bought the shirt from Joe's mom!!! I knew these were good people!!! Although I was working as a Blues Cruise Street Team member, I did alot of Joe "preaching" gave out alot of cards (thanks to Angela), and WMNF 88.5fm was there and spoke with Marv Flemmings, who was already aware of Joe (YEAH!!). Asked for birthday play online wmnf.org, we'll see, but I got nods Sat pm when I wore my Joe shirt. Keep up the good work. Again, you make me smile!!! Cathy

Shredit wrote:

Hi yall, hope your all doin fine.

Well dont you want to know how Shred is doing?

I thought so! Right now I'm beside myself, cant divulge it at this time, so stay tuned. The program director at the classic rock station is VERY impressed with Joe.

So you put your heads down on the pillow tonight and sleep tight. I wont have that luxury, as I'm a bit of a insomniac anyways. This has huge possibilities. I better stop now I might give it away!

Teasin and Pleasin my friends on the forum

Shredit

P. S.........Packin for Memphis tonight, gotta find a computer there!

Hi yall,

Heres what has gone down so far.

The program director is going to put Joe on the radio, when I dont know. He is a huge blues fan and plays the git fiddle himself. Jim M. put him in contact with Joes publicist, who happens to live a few miles up the road from me! ( small world huh ).

The radio station sponsors "The barbeque and Blues" along with local sponsors also. The director wanted to invite Joe to play, but I e-mailed him to let him know he would still be in Europe on July 14. They have had some big names in past years, it would have been so cool! Maybe some day.

I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Heading back to Cali. today, tore up Beale St., as well as  the Soul-n-Rock museum. The AAA baseball team was in town, you know I had get me some of that too!

If you have not been to this festival, put it on your list. When we got in the place Friday I told Debbie " I dont ever want to die, I can do this forever".

See ya............Dave

P.S...........Gotta see the Gibson guitar museum next year.