Topic: Mark Epstein

Yep Sad news to learn the departure of mark , he was a genuine nice man and friendly to all the fans that met him finding him knowledgable about music and life , Best wishes and good luck to you mark in whatever you do  wink           And  there's one funny story i can tell of mark , he was playing at The Cheese & Grain in Frome , England Sept 30th 2006 and backstage before show he was walking through a door to the bands room and unfortunatly for him the door frame was quite low and the said Mr Epstein Being of tall stature aimlessly walked his head into frame  CRUNCH !  Nearly K O himself , That night he played with a Band aid on his forehead , Joe made a passing comment on stage and the crowd cheered , and mark smiled  smile 

Take Care my friend ............................ michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Re: Mark Epstein

Mark Epstein is what I call a "gem of a person."  I will miss him immensely and am like Jane, maybe we'll see him again with Joe sometime.  Because of Mark, I found out about the "Hippy Nuts" and love their music and have made a great friend, Kathena.  I was hopin' to get my Hippy Nuts autographed by Mark in Elgin (as he performed and co-wrote on it), but will wait for another time and place.  And I will never ever forget Mark Epstein's kindness in giving us a tour of Joe's tour bus at Joe's Sportsbar show in Chicago.  I had always wanted to see inside a tour bus(long-term teenage fantasy) and he was able to grant that wish.  Always loved the connection that Mark made with the audience, he looked ya' straight in the eye and then had that acknowledging smile.  And what a kind warm-hearted person to talk with after the show.  Yes, I will miss Mark alot and wish for him a life filled with nothing but happiness.....Aloha....
                                                                                        wink  Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Very sad news about Mark leaving- great bassist and a great guy... we'll miss you and good luck with your future endeavors...

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

I remember first meeting Mark up in Virginia at Sweet Carolines, he was filling in for an ailing Eric.  He really impress me with his solid bass playing and did an outstanding job for the short tenure with Joe.  Hope all the best to you in Hawaii...

Music is good for the Soul...

5 (edited by Barbara 2007-05-03 07:46:44)

Mark, a huge thank you for all your great music!!  You are an AWESOME bassist and it was a pleasure to watch you perform.  Your passion, energy and dedication to rock in' blues music was always present at every show.  And you are a really nice guy too.  Glad I got a chance to speak with you a few times.  Try to enjoy the warm tropical ocean breezes, crystal blue waters and those endless lazy days spent living the good life in Hawaii.  Best wishes and good luck in all your endeavors.  Hope to see you with Joe again somewhere down the road.  Wishing you much happiness and peace always..............

Barbara

I first met Mark in Jacksonville and I have to say, he is such a nice guy.  He has a wonderful smile and he will  talk to you about anything.  I'm really gonna miss seeing him on the tour. 

Mark, If you're reading this, much luck and happiness to you in your future endeavors.

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Mark,
Best of luck in whatever you do. We all enjoyed hearing you play with Joe, even if it was for a brief stint. I have a feeling you've made fans here that will follow you in all your future musical endeavors.
Bill S.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I remember at the Tulsa show last July, we were so close that my friend got hit with a bunch of sweat. Being a bass player himself, he said it was friggin' awesome. He's going to be sad to hear Mark is gone.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Thanks Mark,
For your influence to make Joe grow in his performances.
It was nice meeting you and i wish you all the best in life.
Will be keeping an eye on your musical career and may meet again.
Bye for now,take care........
Annelies

I had the pleasure to meet Mark after a couple of shows ,and he was always quick with a smile and a handshake . His talent and class were both assets to the band. Thank you Mark for the great music. All the best in your future endeavors..............JBrules

11 (edited by Rocket 2007-05-04 09:06:28)

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Mark Epstein is what I call a "gem of a person."  I will miss him immensely and am like Jane, maybe we'll see him again with Joe sometime.  Because of Mark, I found out about the "Hippy Nuts" and love their music and have made a great friend, Kathena.  I was hopin' to get my Hippy Nuts autographed by Mark in Elgin (as he performed and co-wrote on it), but will wait for another time and place.  And I will never ever forget Mark Epstein's kindness in giving us a tour of Joe's tour bus at Joe's Sportsbar show in Chicago.  I had always wanted to see inside a tour bus(long-term teenage fantasy) and he was able to grant that wish.  Always loved the connection that Mark made with the audience, he looked ya' straight in the eye and then had that acknowledging smile.  And what a kind warm-hearted person to talk with after the show.  Yes, I will miss Mark alot and wish for him a life filled with nothing but happiness.....Aloha....
                                                                                        wink  Patty

Awwwww...did Mark take pity on da Patty?   Because she was, like, singing da blues?  Singin' quote "Have Mercy! Been waitin' for the bus so long! Have Mercy! Been waitin' for the bus so long!  Got my brown paper bag (full of jello shots in little tupperware thingies) and my list of songs to play...", and then, as quickly as he he had arrived, Patty realized that Jesus (& Mark) had just left Chicago, bound for New Orleans, or California...well all points in between everywhere.  Yeah Patty, nice description of Mark. He would always look you in the eye, although he didn't me when I first met him, no, he did not.  It was the first time seeing him with Joe for me, and I asked him if (Pretty sure I had the right guy.....hmmmm another long-haired bass player for Joe) he was in the band...But he gave a genuine handshake and wouldn't let me buy him a drink (of water)...Anyway, Hippy Trailways wherever your bus ventures Mark!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

wink  Patty

Awwwww...did Mark take pity on da Patty?   Because she was, like, singing da blues?  Singin' quote "Have Mercy! Been waitin' for the bus so long! Have Mercy! Been waitin' for the bus so long!  Got my brown paper bag (full of jello shots in little tupperware thingies) and my list of songs to play...", and then, as quickly as he he had arrived, Patty realized that Jesus (& Mark) had just left Chicago, bound for New Orleans, or California...well all points in between everywhere.  Yeah Patty, nice description of Mark. He would always look you in the eye, although he didn't me when I first met him, no, he did not.  It was the first time seeing him with Joe for me, and I asked him if (Pretty sure I had the right guy.....hmmmm another long-haired bass player for Joe) he was in the band...But he gave a genuine handshake and wouldn't let me buy him a drink (of water)...Anyway, Hippy Trailways wherever your bus ventures Mark!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Rocket, Ya' crack me up.........  smile smile smile smile smile smile smile those are for you....didn't have ta' sing da' blues, just enthusiasm and smiley pie........ Pitter-Patter Patty 
P.S. I keep tellin' ya' to come join us at a Joe-Fest somewhere............ya' never know what I will ask or do.........for a shy person, I can be pretty brave........just hide behind your smile.....and run like the wind wink  Right Rhonda?

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184