Topic: Otis Taylor

Ok, I'm usually the last to know anything and I rarely listen to anything but Joe, Mark Knopfler, Tommy Castro and obscure blues but,  I just heard and immediately bought the new-ish Otis Taylor album " Definition of a Circle". 

I was sold on listening to the cut "Little Betty" featuring Gary Moore on Lead guitar. Also "Love and Hesitation" and "A  Few Feet Away", a duet with his daughter Cassie. This is some good stuff and I think it has legs to get some serious attention.

It is a new vibe on the blues and a breath of fresh air.

DJ
Raleigh, NC

Re: Otis Taylor

He's gotten a pretty good amount of attention.  Won a lot of awards for his work.  I love the guy...great live, got to see him a the Chicago Blues Fest. He lulls you into a trance with his playing, and I love all his albums.

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Re: Otis Taylor

Saw him a few years ago at Western MD Bluesfest, where Joe is headlining in 1 month, and just didn't "get" him....dunno why.  To each his own.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues