Re: Who has albums released in 1967

Jo Dawg (j is Spanish J pronounciation)
Yeah the Super Session is one of many 1967 releases I did not have in my preteens, but bought later...Ones not yet mentioned (I think-don't always remember short term what I read)): Grateful Dead's First, Albert King's Born Under a Bad Sign, Buddy Guy's Left My Blues in San Francisco, Johnny Cash's Greatest Hits as well as Carrying On (hmmm wonder what that means in their history re: "Walk The Line" movie) with June Carter before they married (yeah I dug Johnny Cash let alone Carl Perkins being on the recording), The first Big Brother & the Holding Company and Quicksilver Messenger Service...Super Session: I thought You Don't Love me was the greatest, coolest song ever (with that the flanging on) until I heard the Allman Brothers band Live at Filmore East jam on the tune
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

ohiodawg13 wrote:

I flipped through my stacks a little while ago and found that record labels didn't bother dating all their releases. What I found from '67 are: Strange Days/The Doors, others close to '67 Jefferson Airplane/Surrealistic Pillow, Sgt. Peppers, Disreali Gears/Cream (Tom Dowd/Eng.), Between The Buttons/Stones, CCR/first w/Suzy Q, The Monkees (Hendrix opened for them in '66 @ The Cow Palace/SF), Rubber Soul/Beatles, Electric Ladyland/Jimi '68, my very first LP The Dave Clark 5/Glad All Over(Meet The Beatles was sold out for Xmas), Zephyr '69 (with a very young Tommy Bolin on guitar), Keef Hartley Band (pretty good English bluesrock, heard them one time @ the Fillmore West and never heard of them again), Are You Experienced/ Jimi, and for all you old hippies out there The Best of the Youngbloods. Oh yeah one more of my old favorites Ten Years After/Watt.

A Blast From The Past,

J Dawg

I'm so ashamed of my self. I sold almost all my vinyl over the years. Got onlyone left: " Iron Butterfly"

Shred

I didn't mention Iron Butterfly and jimi for 2 reasons...Iron Butterfly EVERYONE had that album whether they were "experimenting" or not, and Jimi, he completely changed so many scenes...it was not necessary to pick up a jimi album for me until I was in my 20's (I was 9 in '67), and then the Smash Hits! Reason: He was all over the radio...I only got the album to prove to myself I couldn'y play jimi....wish so many bar bands didn't even try although every now & then someone could nail a jimi tune (must be some kind of '60's channeling)...
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I have Cheap Thrills, Big Brother and the Holding Company.  It has been played two times only and is primo. 

Some lady named Janis sings on it.

Also approved by Hell's Angels, Frisco.

Released in 1966.

Turtle Blues just sets the tone.  Especially when the beer bottle breaks!

I thought Cheap Thrills was a '68 release?
Rocket

mophead wrote:

I have Cheap Thrills, Big Brother and the Holding Company.  It has been played two times only and is primo. 

Some lady named Janis sings on it.

Also approved by Hell's Angels, Frisco.

Released in 1966.

Turtle Blues just sets the tone.  Especially when the beer bottle breaks!