Topic: Joe...Say it Aint So....The Gold Strat ????

Someone, on another forum says you sold the Gold Strat ???????

can't be true.....

say it ain't so

Re: Joe...Say it Aint So....The Gold Strat ????

There was a post a couple of days ago; Joe indicated that he would be getting rid of a lot of his guitars. I know the Gold Strat was due to be retired, so that sounds correct.

I heard most if not all of the guitars Joe had for sale on Friday were gone before the end of the day.

I personally would have liked to own that one, but the timing just wasn't right for this one. I'm sure it went to a good home.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

but the Gold One ?????

wish I knew it was available .....

dag

Where's he selling them ??   ... JBrules

This is from a previous post of Joe's:

"Hey Everybody,
         After flying back from Copenhagen I went right into the studio with Anton Fig ( Thanks for taking time off from the Late Show to play on my album) Carmine Rojas and Rick Melick and cut 7 very nice electric tracks for the new (I dont have a title ) Album.  I just got back from Pheonix playing with the great Keb Mo.  He was so good and writes greats songs.  I did 7 songs acoustic including High Water Everywhere which will be in the new set coming this tour along with songs from the new album.  I wanted to also write and say thanks to all in Europe for making the spring tour second leg very enjoyable.. I managed not to gain any weight and had a blast playing alot of new countries for the first time.  Spain and Italy and Sweeden especially.. It was our first time to those places and we had a blast.. Again thanks for being the best fans anybody could ask for.. I'm going to try to manage a few days off this month I'm hoping for 3 this week.. maybe.. I'll be at the Dallas guitar show playing acoustic stuff on Saturday.. My Dad is coming to hang which is cool brings me back to 15 years ago helping him out at the guitar shows.. Although as I approach 30 in 3 weeks my guitar buying days are coming to a end. Why you ask? Just different priorities and Im getting bored of collecting. Something I never thought would happen.  I also think a guitar should be played and enjoyed.. I rarely play most of mine and I dont need anymore 200 is plenty.  God 10 is plenty... Anyway thanks again and say a prayer for those kids in Virginia..Its very sad day here in this country.  Joe Bonamassa"

He doesn't say where he is going to be selling them, however if you put 2 and 2 together and notice that Joe had an appearance at the Dallas Guitar Show this weekend............

I also would assume that he won't be selling them one at a time, individually, on a case by case basis. Can you imagine the time that would take? And as we know time is the one thing Joe is short on. His father is a guitar dealer, so I would also guess that he would help in liquidating the rest of the guitars.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

He could at least give it to the Hard Rock Cafe or something to put it on display...

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

I think if by hook or by crook I ever came across Goldie or a similar fav I would save it for donation to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, with a "loan" stint" to a Hard Rock Cafe tour while in waiting.  Although I respect and agree with Joe that guitars are for playing, but if a guitar can never be played better than the nice long run it's had.....
Rock On!!!!!!!... & Keep... On Giving Away,... Well,... Keep On Keepin' On Too (and Keep the Faith)!!!
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

by the way....

I don't think the Gold Strat actually sold this weekend.

If it does sell, it will bring a nice price. More than you would imagine at first blush.

PC

A nice way to follow my old mantra of "put money is Joe's pocket"(by whatever means possible).... and get a nice gift too! His CD's and concerts are a bargain, but I'm afraid vintage guitars are way beyond my means.  I suppose if Joe needed an auctioneer for them I could hold a bunch briefly!
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket!

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I'm guessing when Joe talked about selling guitars he meant ones that hes never really played much.  But who knows...its completely up to him what he wants.

pcornell wrote:

This is from a previous post of Joe's:

"Hey Everybody,
         After flying back from Copenhagen I went right into the studio with Anton Fig ( Thanks for taking time off from the Late Show to play on my album) Carmine Rojas and Rick Melick and cut 7 very nice electric tracks for the new (I dont have a title ) Album.  I just got back from Pheonix playing with the great Keb Mo.  He was so good and writes greats songs.  I did 7 songs acoustic including High Water Everywhere which will be in the new set coming this tour along with songs from the new album.  I wanted to also write and say thanks to all in Europe for making the spring tour second leg very enjoyable.. I managed not to gain any weight and had a blast playing alot of new countries for the first time.  Spain and Italy and Sweeden especially.. It was our first time to those places and we had a blast.. Again thanks for being the best fans anybody could ask for.. I'm going to try to manage a few days off this month I'm hoping for 3 this week.. maybe.. I'll be at the Dallas guitar show playing acoustic stuff on Saturday.. My Dad is coming to hang which is cool brings me back to 15 years ago helping him out at the guitar shows.. Although as I approach 30 in 3 weeks my guitar buying days are coming to a end. Why you ask? Just different priorities and Im getting bored of collecting. Something I never thought would happen.  I also think a guitar should be played and enjoyed.. I rarely play most of mine and I dont need anymore 200 is plenty.  God 10 is plenty... Anyway thanks again and say a prayer for those kids in Virginia..Its very sad day here in this country.  Joe Bonamassa"

He doesn't say where he is going to be selling them, however if you put 2 and 2 together and notice that Joe had an appearance at the Dallas Guitar Show this weekend............

I also would assume that he won't be selling them one at a time, individually, on a case by case basis. Can you imagine the time that would take? And as we know time is the one thing Joe is short on. His father is a guitar dealer, so I would also guess that he would help in liquidating the rest of the guitars.

PC

From conversations I had with Joe this weekend. He was just got rid of a few that he was tripping over at home.
He is just not adding any more to his collection at this time.

I have a couple of guitars sitting in my office that don't get played. They occupy more space than you think. Imagine what 25 guitars in closets would be like in an apartment.

I didn't get the idea that he was selling his collection. Goldie I hope would stay in his family if it ever got permanenty retired.

Thank you! I couldn't understand how he could part with the "special ones"!! Even from an investment prospective...Joe hasn't peaked yet!!.Cathy

This was posted on another forum from a guy who says he's friends with Joe

"FWIW, I spoke to a mutual friend of mine and Joes on Saturday. . Joe sold his Gold Sparkle strat to a fan for a pretty good chunk of coinage. And to think I came "this close" to buying it about 7 years ago. For *a lot* less than it sold for recently. No regrets, just funny how things go sometimes. Of course, 7 years ago that Strat was not associated with Joe as much as it is today."

Let's get back to the album talk!
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Rick wrote:

"FWIW, I spoke to a mutual friend of mine and Joes on Saturday. . Joe sold his Gold Sparkle strat to a fan for a pretty good chunk of coinage. And to think I came "this close" to buying it about 7 years ago. For *a lot* less than it sold for recently. No regrets, just funny how things go sometimes. Of course, 7 years ago that Strat was not associated with Joe as much as it is today."

Simply not true.

I don't think that message from Joe implied in any way that he was going to sell any of his guitars, only that he was done adding anymore to his collection.

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

Jess wrote:

I don't think that message from Joe implied in any way that he was going to sell any of his guitars, only that he was done adding anymore to his collection.

that's what I read into too

"if" he does sell em, would be nice if forum members got first shot

or auction em off

it's really cool to like watch a DVD, and actually be playing the
actual guitar on the DVD

Trust me...I own this Richie Sambora guitar, and it is the same
one on the Crush DVD...it is cool

some pics below

http://west.poly.edu/~rconne01/rs/rs3.html

Rick wrote:

"FWIW, I spoke to a mutual friend of mine and Joes on Saturday. . Joe sold his Gold Sparkle strat to a fan for a pretty good chunk of coinage."

how much is a good chunk of coinage these days?

I am callng shannanigans.

I think if JB is selling multiple guitars, there'd be some kind of announcement.  More bidders = more dollars.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool