Topic: Look everyone.....It's RKO

'Sup Everybody ?

RKO here...my actual name is Ron but i've been called RKO since i was 5 (long story)
Originally from "D" troit, i now reside in the "burb" of "D" troit, Macomb Township.
Been in music or music related business since 1970.
Played guitar in a few local bands from 1970-1982, then went into a semi retirement (also known as "i got married") Then a nasty divorce got me back into the music business where i have a Management/Promotion company where i manage and do booking for local acts in the metro Detroit area.
I've met a lot of people along the way...Joe, Chris Duarte, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Warren Haynes, Kid Rock, Steve Vai & Joe Satriani to name drop a few...
I'm related to Wayne Kramer (formerly of the MC5) but please don't hold that against me & if he owes any of you
money....sorry i can't help !  I 1st heard of Joe when he was in Bloodline & have been following him ever since.
Currently working on a Blues Festival this summer in the Thumb area of Michigan....
Blues on the Beach...this year featuring,  Joanna Connor, Chico Banks, Matt Besey & Big Smooth.
The loves of my life are my family, my wife Deebz, my 2 daughters Jen & Jess, my granddaughter "Mayer", my `59 Les Paul, some Johnnie walker "Blue Label" on the rocks, AND JOE CRANKED TO 11 on the stereo.

Glad to meet you all....
RKO

"growing older but staying immature"

http://www.myspace.com/rkomgt

Re: Look everyone.....It's RKO

Hi Ron!!

so RKO is not just a nom de handle?

I'm just saying.

Hey RKO,  Sounds like you have a musical life....cool....  I'm with ya' on the getting older but staying immature  lol  pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hey Ron....you've got great taste in scotch! I've had the blue label before. Great stuff,  but to be honest, my taste buds can't recognize that much of a price difference. I usually stick with the black label.
Glad to meet you too!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome Ron!!