Topic: Joe @ the Guitar Show - Dallas

Way nice add-on to his schedule. With a lot of other great guitarists that whole weekend.  He also shows a stop on October in Arlington Tx. We are so lucky this year!  3 times in our own backyard!!!

just 'cus half my friends are imaginary doesn't mean I'm less popular

Re: Joe @ the Guitar Show - Dallas

Got a call from a good friend Sat. afternoon as he was diggin' Joe live at the Dallas guitar show. Cell phones need a little more advancement in this area of audio reproduction, but a little taste of Joe live on the phone is better than nothin'. I wish I was in Dallas this afternoon.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Good Show! Considering Joe only brought an accoustic because he was told that was all he would be playing.  After arriving, they asked him to play some electric so he borrowed some equipment, asked Jim Suhler's band "Monkeybeat"(great band by the way) to back him, and cranked it out! He started with 4 accoustic solo tunes then kicked in with the band. He brought out Wes Jeans, who is another young up and coming guitarist to trade some licks.  All I can say is WoW, excellent! Especiallly a version of BB Kings' "Thrill is Gone".  It was cool. I never have seen Joe talk so much in between songs, joke around and be so relaxed. He even said he was running for Mayor of Dallas! That brought a big roar of applause from the crowd.

What a warm up to the HOB shows here in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Joe!

just 'cus half my friends are imaginary doesn't mean I'm less popular

Thanks for the update. It seems Dallas has come a long way towards being a "Joe" town since 2004....

We had planned to be there. Some of the most fun I've seen Joe have has been on stage with Jim Suhler and with Jim Suhler and Monkeybeat. Excellent players that compliment Joe well, and some great people. Proud to have known them all.

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Sorry you couldn't make it Phil. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Yes Dallas seems to be like home turf now.
Good to see all the Forum Fans from Dallas DFW area. Janis, Kevin, Barry, and Cion.

Great time as always. I did miss Joe pick up the Peter Green/Gary Moore guitar and bring it back to life.

Thanks Bradscrib!! The Thrill is Gone..bet that was a rush!!! Glad Joe's having fun too!!

pcornell wrote:

Thanks for the update. It seems Dallas has come a long way towards being a "Joe" town since 2004....

We had planned to be there. Some of the most fun I've seen Joe have has been on stage with Jim Suhler and with Jim Suhler and Monkeybeat. Excellent players that compliment Joe well, and some great people. Proud to have known them all.

PC

Yeah Phil, I wonder what Joefest would be like in 2007/8 in Dallas versus three years ago?

Music is good for the Soul...

I just got an e mail from a friend who did some taping at the show. He sent me a 30 second tease of Thrill is gone with Wes. Anyone who wants it forwarded just ask. And as soon as I get a full copy of the show, it will be made available so stay tuned.   Now I'll check this post to see who wants the teaser after work.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

9 (edited by skip62 2007-04-26 12:12:14)

Here's some picks of Joe's show at the Dallas Guitar Show.  It was great.  Joe talked to the audience more than the other 2 shows I've seen him do.  It was great even us Texans are a little slow to sing lyrics back to him.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~ntcmb2/Joe/Joe.html

And Joe using MY Les Paul to test drive his new Category 5 amp.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~ntcmb1/Joe_ … oe_LP2.jpg

Thanks Joe

Hey Skip62,

Loved your pics.  Thanks for sharing.

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Hey- thanks for those pics skip62... that must've been really cool... what did he play?

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Nice pictures,  your Les Paul is a beauty...

Music is good for the Soul...

Glad you like the pic's.  It was great show, even though it was only about 45 minutes.  He played Thrill is Gone, and I love his version.  Also, "Miss you, hate you", "you upset me baby", "blues deluxe"

The best part is, he'll be back on May 9th, YEAH!!!!

front page has an article link