Topic: Bona-Birthday

For those that don't read Street Team posts..in honor of Joe's big 30 on May 8th the idea is to push for radio stations to play a Joe song. Every one can help with this! I even think "Rock" stations would play the right song. So my question is, What would be the "right" song. Remember, it can't be one of the really long ones....Thanks. Cathy

Re: Bona-Birthday

Songs I'd like to hear them play:
Reconsider Baby
Pain and Sorrow
So Many Roads

Song they most probably would play:
Asking Around for You.

I'm just saying.

Nothing new just want to continue to bring this to the top of the list. My way of forum "nagging"............Remember I love you all.................

hallo cathysiler nice idea i think all  fans can do it all arround the planet
crazy thing...smile i think joe like`s it its a pretty birthday gift

im with you the radio station i call this day is einslive in germany
i hope they do but i think they do if they hear the band

ok greetings to all
by geko

Can't let this go to page 2!!!!!!! Have you e-mailed/called/written/flown a plane with a banner overtop, any radio stations?? Yes, I'm forum nagging again!! May 8th is soon!!!!

Happy Bona-Bunny Day and oh, by the way, have I mentioned Joe's B-day is May 8th and we hope to get wide spread radio play for him on that day? The is a long list of stations on this site..what's that I hear? Good, the sound of keyboards tapping.........

Hi,
I'm gonna mail some dutch radiostations. We've got one that's called Aroow classic rock. They also play blues. I'll do my best .

8 (edited by gsj 2007-04-07 16:27:26)

Hi Marianne

We get Aroow over here in Essex. It's mine and my wifes favourite station, except we can't understand the news or weather reports smile I suggest Taking The Hit...I got Bob Harris to play it on his Radio 2 saturday night show last year....and Joe still opens with it live.

Marianne wrote:

Hi,
I'm gonna mail some dutch radiostations. We've got one that's called Aroow classic rock. They also play blues. I'll do my best .

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Just wanted to remind those that might have been thinking of traveling to Joe's Birthday Jam in OKC that there is just a handfull of tickets available. www.bluesproject.org for links and information.

I have been working the Radio Stations here for 5 years trying to get some air play on regular programming. It happened the first time through. When Kelso from KRXO classic rock played Trouble Waiting at 5:00pm day of show. I happened to be in my car and about had a cow. That night at the show a guy told the story about how he was driving home and heard that on the radio. He pulled over so he could write down who it was. When the DJ said it was Joe and he was in town that night. He called his wife and said. I hope you have nothing planned tonight because we are going to a concert.

Radio is still the most powerful tool for exposing artists. It just ain't like it used to be. I remember where I was when I heard SRV on the radio the first time.

Bridge to Better Days would be the one I would pick off the new album for airplay. It represents what Joe does. Sing and play.

This definately sounds like a good idea to me smile. I'l try e-mail some local staitons over here playing some of Joe's music. I'd say Paul Jones would probably play some (i think he aires on all of UK) as i know he has had Joe do a session before.

I agree with bridge to better days, it is a good song and not too long. Other possibilities could be:

Takin' The Hit
You Upset Me Baby
I Don't Believe

Time for me to nag some more!!! Since the new CD won't be out until August, we can't plug it yet. I'm just suggesting Joe. If all they have access to is You and Me, the latest, there is no wrong choice. I assume time will be a restriction, but, if they play a longer one....yeah!

cradle rock should do the trick if you really want to get a good taste of joe . lets not forget we all know joes music inside and out the idea for radio play is to turn other people on to joes music. so you would want to play something that kicks **** and will get someones attention when they hear it .so cradle rock was always a kick **** song for me and i'm sticking with it....................joe

Had to go buy a new vacuum cleaner, Whopee, at Best Buy yesterday and almost bought the 2 copies of You and Me they had in stock. Then it hit me, why not wait until Joe's b-day! So, I think it would be nice if we bought Joe's CD/DVDs on May 8th. There's always occasions for gift giving! I may even give mine away randomly to get new devotees. It would be nice to see a spike in sales that day! Thanks, Cathy

A station I would appeal to would need a heavier bluesy rock song, so it would probably be "Bridge", and how could anyone ignore the guitar work in that song. I've done the e-mail appeal, but may just have to drive up there and drop off my disc to the targeted DJ, and get a new one at the next show.    Thanks, good B-day idea !!  I'll put that on my calendar right now.