Topic: 1967

Went to guitar player site to see if poll results were posted and saw this article.."40 best guitar albums of 1967"....For me, a walk down memory lane and a few I missed!!! Worth a peek, some great stuff.....

Re: 1967

Yes, that was a great year for music. Wish I was old enough at the time to enjoy it. Psychedelic, man smile

I happened to browse that article when I was at my library a week or so ago . It was pretty cool to get some perspective on what was happening in 67 alot of great stuff that still stands the test of time

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Hard to believe those albums were released 40 years ago. I think the late '60s is easily the greatest period of popular music. Here's a direct link: http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?s … code=17662

Lee wrote:

Hard to believe those albums were released 40 years ago. I think the late '60s is easily the greatest period of popular music. Here's a direct link: http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?s … code=17662

Thanks for the link. Took a look at those albums, loved it. Theres an  record store in old Sacramento, that I've never visited. My music buddies swear by it. They say it's has the most amazing of selection of vinyl around. It's not organized, just thrown on the shelves. Vintage stuff everywhere!
I sometimes wish I were born 10 years earlier, then again I'd be dead by now. The 70's were tuff ( wish I had kept it to the hippy lettuce! )

I remember pleading with my parents to stop at the Tower Records on Columbus St. in SF in the summer of '67 while we were in the city for the afternoon. I had some lawn mowing money burnin' a hole in my pocket and invested it on Are You Experienced and the Doors first. I've got about 200 lp's and a few years ago caught my son and one of his buddies trippin' on the names and artwork as they flipped through my stacks. I was 13/14 that year and when I got my hands on Sgt. Peppers everything changed if you catch my drift. One of my old friends dad worked in downtown SF and we would ride over with him in the morning and ride the green hornet trolley as far out Market St. as we could and then walk over the hill to Haight Ashbury for a real eye opening adventure. Geez I'm havin' a flashback TTYL.

Think Green,

J Dawg

If you remember the 60's you probably weren't there!!!!!!

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

7 (edited by Rocket 2007-04-17 00:55:43)

The albums I remember having in the house from 1967, far different for what became MY personal 1967 albums over the years, were not mine,
(because I didn't buy them yet as kids for the most part back then didn't have much, if any disposable income before puberty excepting Christmas Grandparents money) were: yeah "The Monkees", and "More of the Monkees", The Beatles "Magical Mystery Tour"....Herp Alpert's "Sounds Like" and "Ninth", "The Best of the Beach Boys" (the one with all 5 wearing studio headphones on the cover), Bill Cosby's "Revenge" and most memorable of all........The Royal Guardsmen "Snoopy vs. the Red Baron"!!!
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket you sent me searchin' for my other vinyl collection.... my '45's. here's a few oldies but goodies I found. We Ain't Got Nothin' Yet/Blues Magoos, Gloria & Baby Please Don't Go/Them(Van the Man), Omaha/Moby Grape, Cold Turkey/Plastic Ono Band, I Got a Line On You/Spirit, Rain Dance/The Guess Who (the greatest Canadian band of all time), Day Tripper/Beatles, Down On Me/Janis & Big Bro'. Most of these are even in the jackets they came in and they'd be worth some serious money if I hadn't put my name on them which my friends and I all did so we knew whose were whose after parties in jr. high days.

Gimme some old time rock'n'roll,

J Dawg

"Sherman, set the wayback machine"   ........Mr. Peabody

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint