Topic: Hello

Hi, Bluesrocker here. Born in '65. I grew up with Classic Rock. Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin were my favorites. I love guitar music. I have owned several guitars but never learned how to play one. Go figure. I just make a whole bunch of noise. I have fun. Sometimes it even sounds pretty good - at least to me. I can't imagine life without a guitar or music for that matter. I find it difficult to talk to someone that doesn't share the same interest I have in music. I can go from Mozart to Metallica so there is a lot to talk about. I don't like opera or R&B though. I do like the old R&B though. I like some Country music - the faster stuff. I had heard of Joe Bonamassa before but had never heard his music - they just don't play it on the radio. One day I decided to go to one of his concerts and his guitar playing brought me to tears. If I was given 3 wishes, one of them would definitely be to be able to play the guitar like him.

Don

Re: Hello

Hi Bluesrocker.

I know what you mean about owning guitars. I luv 'em as well.
I got my first one about 34 years ago and struggled on with trying to make a musical noise.

At the age of 50, I finally got around to having lessons. Just learning the blues scale opened up a whole new chapter !!

I know the real players on the forum will be amazed that you could own an instrument for so long and not be able to play it, but hey...........are they beautiful objects or what !!

My best one is a Les Paul (see little pic to the left) which I have desired since seeing Jimmy Page play one in about 1972. It's next to an Ibanez copy which I bought in 1976.

3 (edited by Bluesrocker 2007-04-09 20:24:32)

Ges wrote:

I know the real players on the forum will be amazed that you could own an instrument for so long and not be able to play it, but hey...........are they beautiful objects or what !!

It's all Jimi's fault smile I saw him once on one of those concert films and I said, "I wanna do that." I still wanna smile I don't know what it it is but no matter how hard I try to fret the notes, I just can't.

Don

Welcome Bluesrocker! Glad to hear your Bonabaptism was so moving. We all got hooked like that!! Guitars ARE works of art and can be very wise investments. I love gear and I don't play. My room mate/ best buddy does, so I get to enjoy listening to him play along to Joe. Tele thru a Budda!  Music/Joe mania is fine here!....Cathy

Welcome Bluesrocker!!!  Glad to have another MetallicA fan on the boards!

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

morrowbj wrote:

Welcome Bluesrocker!!!  Glad to have another MetallicA fan on the boards!

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

Brian May and Ace Frehley did it for me when I was little. Then the Black album came out, thats when things REALLY changed!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Brian May and Ace Frehley did it for me when I was little. Then the Black album came out, thats when things REALLY changed!

I'm curious, what were your opinions on Load and Reload?  Personally, they are my favorites because they have that bluesy vibe to them.

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

8 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2007-04-11 11:43:15)

morrowbj wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

I'm curious, what were your opinions on Load and Reload?  Personally, they are my favorites because they have that bluesy vibe to them.

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

In a way, they were kind of over-produced but had simple melodys. Kirk was using a Roland VG-8 for most of his effects. I do think it was a progression in style however, due to Lars hanging out with Alice In Chains drummer - totally changed Lars' drums and his style. I'm happy they didnt come out with a double album because too many good songs would've been lost. Track #10 on both cd's are my favorites. I was really happy they just didn't come out with a black album #2.

Cutting their hair was a big deal for fans - but James was forced cause of an ATV accident, I think it helped the new image- new sound kind of thing. If you ever see Alice In Chains Unplugged, Metallica is sitting in the front row in front of the bass player. His bass says "Friends dont let friends cut their hair" or something.  They bust into "enter sandman" for a riff or two, and the camera goes to it...

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool