Topic: Help with Windows Media Center

OK here's my story. New computer 6 monthes old. Win Media Center. I have had nothing but headaches with my dvd writer. Been replaced twice in the past 2 monthes. Works good now using Nero but, Now here's my latest problem. It has a tv card which I love. Works like Tivo. Record tv to the hard drive then watch it or burn it thru media center. When I try and burn a recorded show it comes out with, " Be sure you have a cd/dvd writer installed" It doesn't recognize the burner now. I used to be able to burn shows (LOST) every week to a dvd, never a problem. Now with the new burner installed I can't. It'll burn fine from disc to disc but not thru media center.  I don't want to call INDIA again.  Anyone out there want to throw out some suggestions?   Thanks in advance.    Jeff

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Re: Help with Windows Media Center

Had a similar problem before and all I can tell you is trouble shooting that baby sucks.

Mine was due to a crash that caused a complete reinstall. If you don't install stuff in certain order, it doesn't work correctly on a consistent basis. 2 days work and too much trouble.

I hope its nothing like that for you. Good luck!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Re: Help with Windows Media Center

Dell wants me to do a reinstall. Thats the answer they always give. Reinstall Windows. WHAT A PAIN! At least my burners working and I can back up all my pics, mp3s....
Next time I have about 8 hours free time I may have to do it.  Thanks Phil

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late