Topic: Great picture of Joe in Guitar One

Check out the Guitar One interview of Joe that posted on the front web page. There a great pic that I set as the wallpaper on my desktop.

I'm one happy girl getting to look at that all day. smile

The interview is very cool too (for a non-guitar player like me to learn a little something).

Nancy in Chicago

I'm just saying.

Re: Great picture of Joe in Guitar One

Thank you! I was going to buy the mag until I saw the price: $8! I couldn't believe it.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

It's over $12 in the UK!!! But I might be tempted looks like a good deal- with articles on Eric Johnson too...

This don't look like no express way to me...

Nancy,
I'm wondering if we are talking about the same photo?  On page 31?  I think that photo speaks volumes, just really like it!! smile
http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1740

Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Check out the Guitar One interview of Joe that posted on the front web page. There a great pic that I set as the wallpaper on my desktop.

I'm one happy girl getting to look at that all day. smile

The interview is very cool too (for a non-guitar player like me to learn a little something).

Nancy in Chicago

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Angela, I was looking at the link on the front page of the website. It's a pdf file and the picture is page 3. Maybe it's page 31 in the magazine. It's a great shot of Joe with long hair wearing the black shirt. Yummy. smile

I'm just saying.

6 (edited by LynB 2007-03-23 05:31:00)

Well it was a hard decision ... but this picture of Joe is so cool that I finally replaced David Gilmour for Joe as my desktop wallpaper.  (show me a guy with long hair and a guitar and I somehow go all weak at the knees). Thanks ladies, and enjoy!!

Hi Lyn-Be sure to read the new issue of Rolling Stone (April 5) with David Gilmour/Pink Floyd on the cover. Send me an e-mail if you'd like a copy of it.  I hate to admit that one of my kids is more well read on rock n' roll history than me...I never knew David Gilmour was a male model!!!  Gilmour was a very fine looking gentleman when he was sporting his long hair and piercing blue eyes.  My son has a poster from Ummagumma on the back of his door and in the photo is the album cover from Gigi? I'm assuming you are a Pink Floyd fan and not just into the man for his looks tongue; do you know what the connection of the broadway show Gigi has to Pink Floyd?? My parents were huge Gigi fans and almost named my sister Gigi, but settled on Gina.  And Cheers to always getting that weak in the knees feeling!!!

LynB wrote:

Well it was a hard decision ... but this picture of Joe is so cool that I finally replaced David Gilmour for Joe as my desktop wallpaper.  (show me a guy with long hair and a guitar and I somehow go all weak at the knees). Thanks ladies, and enjoy!!

Angela wrote:

Hi Lyn-Be sure to read the new issue of Rolling Stone (April 5) with David Gilmour/Pink Floyd on the cover. Send me an e-mail if you'd like a copy of it.  I hate to admit that one of my kids is more well read on rock n' roll history than me...I never knew David Gilmour was a male model!!!  Gilmour was a very fine looking gentleman when he was sporting his long hair and piercing blue eyes.  My son has a poster from Ummagumma on the back of his door and in the photo is the album cover from Gigi? I'm assuming you are a Pink Floyd fan and not just into the man for his looks tongue; do you know what the connection of the broadway show Gigi has to Pink Floyd?? My parents were huge Gigi fans and almost named my sister Gigi, but settled on Gina.  And Cheers to always getting that weak in the knees feeling!!!!

Hi Angela.  Thanks for the heads up on Rolling Stone mag.  My inbuilt Floyd radar antennae will be out looking for that one.

I've been a HUGE Pink Floyd fan for many years and not just for DG's good looks (oh, but that smile .... tongue) but unlucky not to have seen them live.  Saw DG live in London a few years ago and (to bring this back on topic) Joe kinda reminds me a little of DG, maybe not in technique, sound or tone (I'm not a musician so bear with me) but in the passion of his playing, his soul and feel for the music.  And a little eye candy never hurt anyone!

Don't know of any connection between Gigi and the Floyd so look forward to being enlightened.

Hey Lyn-Check out the next best thing...A Pink Floyd tribute band.  My favorite is The Machine and I see them once a year.  They do tour outside of the US, but the UK is not in the current lineup.  They are absolutely fantastic and with Pink Floyd's huge catalog, play a different set list every time.  They played an extra long  show last time because they were making a DVD, I might be on it.  I was fortunate to have seen the Dark Side Tour back in the day and I justified paying expensive ticket prices to see Roger Waters this June and celebrate my son's high school graduation.  He's a huge fan.  And to bring this back to Joe...Roger Waters is touring with Andy Fairwether-Low, former Clapton guitarist.  A Clapton fan sent me a photo of Andy holding the Blues Review magazine with Joe's picture on the front, so maybe he is a Joe fan!
http://www.themachinelive.com/