Topic: Paul Rodgers & Queen

Hey, did anybody on here happen to see Paul Rodgers with Queen in Chicago on their last tour?  I was going thru some old concert ticket stubs today and found mine,  what a concert that was!!!!!!!!!  I was originally supposed to see Aerosmith and they cancelled out, so one of my long time dreams came true........proof that good things can come from disappointments......I think I remember Joe saying he liked Paul Rodgers voice......it was indeed a real treat and Brian May was awesome on the guitar......yeah this was in the past, but just reliving a little bit of it and just wondered if any of you were there or saw them together somewhere else.  Patty

It was definitely a Bohemian Rhapsody with an AllRight Now.....sounds kind of like a double-dip ice cream cone, huh?    lol

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Re: Paul Rodgers & Queen

I think Paul Rogers should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. How can the pomp-pop of Queen be compared to Free or Bad Company? Paul should get a band together real quick and make amends wink

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Well, I'm not qualified to say what Paul Rodgers should or shouldn't do, all I am qualified to say is that the combination of the two made for a great night of musical entertainment and they all seemed to be having a great time together. I go to concerts for the pure enjoyment of the music, the excitement generated by the crowd, and of course to witness the musical gifts of the entertainers.   And "So It's Like That" for pattyluvsjoe.  wink

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

4 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2007-03-11 16:45:54)

I am so happy Paul Rodgers got to work with and tour with his friends Brian May and Roger Taylor.  They enjoyed themselves so much that they are recording some new music.  Here is some background on why and how they got together:

-----------
July 2005
“I never thought I would be doing this again,” said May. “I was always against the idea of putting someone in there trying to impersonate Freddie in any way. Then suddenly I’m looking at this guy who doesn’t in any sense try to take the place of Freddie. He comes from his own place musically and we can reinterpret these songs with someone who understands us – the songs would mean something new.”

The collaboration was cemented last fall when May, Taylor and Rodgers performed in public together for the first time, bringing the house to its feet at the first annual U.K. Music Hall of Fame Awards in London. They served up blistering versions of “We Will Rock You,” “We Are The Champions” and the finale, “All Right Now.”

“There was a natural chemistry between us when we performed together in London,” said Rodgers. “The idea took hold for us to do something together after that, and the momentum has taken on a life of its own.”

Taylor noted: “Paul is one of the people who’s influenced so many of the singers out there at the moment, and Freddie was a great fan of his. I always hoped we would tour again, and I’m thrilled we’re doing it. After all, it’s our profession; it’s what we do and what we’re good at.”
------------

Paul has a varied career working with a good amount of different musicians. 
This is just another destination on his musical path.

I am thrilled that you like Free and Bad Company.  Free is way more popular in England than they are here in the United States.  You would be surprised at how many people here know the song "All Right Now" but have no clue as to who the artist is. 

If you don't have it, I recommend picking up his album "Muddy Water Blues - A Tribute to Muddy Waters" 
he has a whole legion of different guitarists playing on remakes of Muddy Water songs.  It includes one original song he wrote which is "Muddy Water Blues"  which I just absolutely love.

I am hoping maybe one day he will follow it up with another blues album featuring more guitarists and hoping his list would included Joe Bonamassa.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

saw them in Philly..had never been a huge Queen fan..loved Bad Co(my fiorst concert ever in 74)...great show!..Paul is a classic voice!!..

scottphilly

I'm not qualified either Patty.....but he should at least be ashamed of that wig wink

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Well, I'm not qualified to say what Paul Rodgers should or shouldn't do, all I am qualified to say is that the combination of the two made for a great night of musical entertainment and they all seemed to be having a great time together. I go to concerts for the pure enjoyment of the music, the excitement generated by the crowd, and of course to witness the musical gifts of the entertainers.   And "So It's Like That" for pattyluvsjoe.  wink

Paul looks incredible for 58.  He looks better than ever.  He takes really good care of himself and it shows.  He looks great and I love it when he has his goatee and shades on.   He is into his health and well-being.  That's one of the reasons his voice is so pure at his age.  In fact Paul has a great sense of style.   His clothing is understated but very fashionable.  I love his shirts with the numbers on them.  His clothing fits his persona so well.  He is really stylin and has a great command and presence on stage.

You Go Paul!

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Oh yes Rivercat & Jane, He looked quite nice on stage, it was very easy on the eyes.

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

http://www.charityfolks.com/index.asp
Ever since I bid on Bonnie Raitt tickets I get these e-mails.  Go to music for Paul Rodgers, Allman Brothers etc. Patty-click on Paul's face to get an enlarged photo.  smile

And gsj-don't start pissing off all of my bonabuddies with that British wit of yours...kidding.  I think I'm use to you by now and you have some funny ways...

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

10 (edited by gsj 2007-03-14 20:11:18)

smile It's a wig!! or should I say toupe'. The boy can still carry a tune though. Free were a great band, as were Bad Company. I just think it'd be good to see him doing something on the same lines. Now, as for 'funny ways' I think it's something in the beer that causes it wink

Angela wrote:

http://www.charityfolks.com/index.asp
Ever since I bid on Bonnie Raitt tickets I get these e-mails.  Go to music for Paul Rodgers, Allman Brothers etc. Patty-click on Paul's face to get an enlarged photo.  smile

And gsj-don't start pissing off all of my bonabuddies with that British wit of yours...kidding.  I think I'm use to you by now and you have some funny ways...

Paul did get a band together real quick.   He was just over in England in January doing his solo thing.  He incorporated more Free songs into his repertoire this tour.  He had great success and reviews in England.
Even though he is working with Queen he is still doing his solo tour.  With Paul you never know what he is going to do next, so you might want to keep an eye out smile

As for the "wig"  why shouldn't he, it looks good.  As long as Dee Snider of the hair police doesn't give him a citation then I think he'll be fine.  wink

smile

The RiverCat^-^ wrote:

Paul did get a band together real quick.   He was just over in England in January doing his solo thing.  He incorporated more Free songs into his repertoire this tour.  He had great success and reviews in England.
Even though he is working with Queen he is still doing his solo tour.  With Paul you never know what he is going to do next, so you might want to keep an eye out smile

As for the "wig"  why shouldn't he, it looks good.  As long as Dee Snider of the hair police doesn't give him a citation then I think he'll be fine.  wink