Re: When you hear Joe playing on the radio

Wooders, one of our own introduced Phoenix to us, Blues in the Night, is a member with a show on the station. It is a public station in Halifax. http://www.phoenixfm.co.uk/welcome.htm is the link. My hit was at about 0100 GMT and I shot the station a quick em telling them how they ROCKED! Since that is just when I get home from work, it will be dialed in frequently.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Wooders wrote:

Rick, it sounds like Phoenix is definitley our kind of radio station. A great find. You should mail them and congratulate them on their taste.  smile

Tripod, I'm sorry to tell you that GM's Blues show on Planet Rock ceased sometime ago, around the time Joe started his shows on PR. Good luck with the gender reassignment.  lol

Phil

sad

Planet Rock played Wandering Earth about 30mins ago.

I just missed it, how did it sound?

triggermala wrote:

Planet Rock played Wandering Earth about 30mins ago.

Superb as always. Cant way to recieve the album.

Spanish Boots just on planet rock. Quite heavy but loved it.

WTUE in Dayton, Ohio is heavily promoting Joe's concert (they use "Burning Hell" in the advertisement). They mention Joe's huge fan following in the area, but the station still won't play his music, which isn't surprising. One local band was on MTV for six months before a local radio station would play their music.

All on Planet Rock

Friday, 5th March

Nicky Horne played Quarryman’s Lament. Afterwards he said “He does like his Quarrymen”. Then, with a chuckle in his voice, quickly retracted the statement. lol

Sunday, 7th March

David Jensen also played Quarryman’s Lament on his morning show, followed by another DJ playing Ball Peen Hammer later in the morning.

Joe certainly is getting a lot of exposure on PR nowadays. I’m sure it’s not entirely due to him being a DJ there, but it probably helps.  wink

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Jane H. wrote:

I'm a alittle bummed because I was listening to the local classic rock station the other day. as i've said before they only play old classic rock and its very frustrating because many djs know and love Joe's music and even mention him when in the news but this one DJ was talking about the Crossroads gig coming up and didn't mention Joe. I hate the feeling but I can't help but wonder if they had been specifically forbidden to mention Joe's name or something. it seemed very unnatural, esp. given the other artists mentioned. its probably my imagination but oh well mumble  roll   hmm   sad

I was disappointed when I saw a little article in Rolling Stone mentioning the Crossroads lineup and he was omitted as well.  Not that I expect anyone with taste to be writing at Rolling Stone these days....jeeze.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Hi Jane,

I'm afraid it was my wife who heard the track played on David Jensen's show, not me. She's notoriously unreliable when it comes to naming Joe's stuff she's heard on the radio. The brainwashing is clearly not working.  lol

I'm unable to listen to Planet Rock at work (where I am now), but will try tonight if I have time.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

Wooders wrote:

I'm afraid it was my wife who heard the track played on David Jensen's show, not me. She's notoriously unreliable when it comes to naming Joe's stuff she's heard on the radio. The brainwashing is clearly not working.  lol
Phil

Sorry, Jane. She's also hopelessly unreliable at paying attention to the name of the DJ too!  lol

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

Cruising down the road from Elk on the Mendocino, Ca. coast. One FM station from Ft. Bragg was all there was. So far in the hinterland that cell phone was a rumor. What comes on the radio to our amazement?!!!!!! And now, from his new album "Black Rock" Joe Bonamassa with BB King doing "Night Life". There is hope folks!
Rick

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

31 (edited by Rocket 2010-03-13 17:16:15)

RickB wrote:

Cruising down the road from Elk on the Mendocino, Ca. coast. One FM station from Ft. Bragg was all there was. So far in the hinterland that cell phone was a rumor. What comes on the radio to our amazement?!!!!!! And now, from his new album "Black Rock" Joe Bonamassa with BB King doing "Night Life". There is hope folks!
Rick

Hinterland?  That's some nice territory that does indeed have cell service.  Never came across elk in Elk (saw some in little groups of 2-4 in nearby areas), but I once saw a very big herd crossing north at Ferndale.

I happen to know people in Fort Bragg who aren't going to brag they got Joe's new album, but are certainly wiling (sic) to share the music.  Also peeps in Fortuna, Arcata (great town), & Ukiah... Glad you got the broadcast.  Lots of good music people up there.  Yes I know how to get to Bonnie Raitt's house...Never met her but my friend did, in Mendocino.

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
RickB wrote:

Rick

Hinterland?  That's some nice territory that does indeed have cell service.  Never came across elk in Elk (saw some in little groups of 2-4 in nearby areas), but I once saw a very big herd crossing north at Ferndale.

I happen to know people in Fort Bragg who aren't going to brag they got Joe's new album, but are certainly wiling (sic) to share the music.  Also peeps in Fortuna, Arcata (great town), & Ukiah... Glad you got the broadcast.  Lots of good music people up there.  Yes I know how to get to Bonnie Raitt's house...Never met her but my friend did, in Mendocino.

Rocket

I am sure there is some cell service there, just not my carrier. Beautiful country, some of the most unspoiled territory left in the West. The DJ also gave Joe a mention with respect to the Clapton gig in Chicago.
Was the (sic) a Boontling reference Rocket?

Rick

RickB wrote:
Rocket wrote:
RickB wrote:

Rick

Rocket

I am sure there is some cell service there, just not my carrier. Beautiful country, some of the most unspoiled territory left in the West. The DJ also gave Joe a mention with respect to the Clapton gig in Chicago.
Was the (sic) a Boontling reference Rocket?

Rick

I am not that learned in the Boontling stranguage my friend. It is just per my usual habit of making up words. Wiling, as in wily to get dat musick on the radio!

Black Rock ON the Radio Keeps Faith Growing Like Redwoods,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

India/Mountain Time from LFNIP on Planet Rock at 6.35am today. They seem to play be playing this quite often nowadays.  big_smile  As I'd been up with a migraine since 4.30 it cheered me up no end.

Joe Bonamassa, safer than a pill but at least as addictive.  wink

Phil
PS Feeling a bit better now, thanks.

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

Today's dose of Joe on Planet Rock (while I was listening) was:

Story of a Quarryman on David Jensen's show (it really was this time, Jane  big_smile )

Sloe Gin on The Chain this evening. The link with the previous track was that Joe played at the Cornbury Festival the year that Peter Green played there (the track was Green Manalishi) and the next track was Bat Out of Hell as Sloe Gin was written by Tim Curry who was in the Rocky Horror Show, as was M Loaf. Clever stuff.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

How’s this for a weird way to hear Joe on the radio.

Last night I was listening to the Manchester Utd v Munich Champions League game on BBC Radio 5Live on 909m AM. If you listen to AM (or medium wave if you’re old fashioned like me lol ) you’ll know that in the evening there is often a lot of RF breakthrough from other radio stations on nearby frequencies that creates interference. During the after match discussions I could hear something familiar in the background, but I wasn’t sure. So I twisted the radio this way and that and tried to retune the dial without making it any clearer. Then suddenly through the ether I could hear ‘Steal Your Heart Away’. I suspect it may have been broadcast by a Dutch or German radio but certainly it put a big smile on my face.

The Moral of the story? Keep your ears open - you never know where or when you’ll hear Joe next.  big_smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis