Topic: our own best new guitar gods

I know that everybody on this forum was not happy joe was not in Rolling Stones New Guitar Gods article,which was dicussed in a previous post. I say we make up our own.RS stated that their list differed from the Best 100 guitar players of all time list.This list was for new and upcomming players mostly under 40 and made their impact in the last 2 decades. According to the article there is no ranking.  Heres 12 for me:  joe bonamassa of course,philip sayce,lance lopez,eric gales,jay hooks ,mato nanji,kws,albert cummings,jimmy d lane,tab benoit,doyle bramhall II,sean chambers. I will have to agree w RS on tom morello, mike mccready & stone goddard,luther dickenson,and I do like jack white & warren haynes,adam jones of tool. I am sure I have missed some.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Re: our own best new guitar gods

Gary,
What about Walter Trout, CoCo Montoya, Tommy Castro, KWS,Ron Thompson, Albert Cummings

Hey Gary,
  Agree about your list with JB, LL, Sayce,Gales, Mato...   I would add Wes Jeans and Ian
Moore.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Guitar Gods of the 21st century, according to me:

Joe Bonamassa (duh, haha)
Derek Trucks
Kenny Wayne Shepeherd
Robert Randolph (13-string guitar god, that is)
John Frusciante
John Mayer
Doyle Bramhall II
Warren Haynes
Mato Nanji
Tom Morello
Luther Dickinson
Slash (he's still relevant in the world of mainstream music)

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Taurus , I have kws &albert cummings in my list I thought about water trout but I think hes been arund too long to be a new guitar god same with coco I like tommy castro not sure if I would make him a "guitar god" I am not familiar w ron thompson fill me in on him.

Your rock candy baby

Heypittsburg jeff I wa thinking of wes jeans for my list wasnt sure hes been around long enough yet. have you heard his new cd forest of the pines w special guests lance lopez and eric gales?

Your rock candy baby

Lets see ...... last twenty years/ever..... hmmmmm

1....... JOE BONAMASSA
2....... JIMI HENDRIX
3....... STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN
4....... JIMMY PAGE
5....... JOE SATRIANI
6....... EDDIE VAN HALEN
7....... STEVE VAI
8....... ERIC CLAPTON
9....... KIRK HAMMETT
10..... B B KING

THATS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE ........  roll

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Hey Jimmy D lane is fricking awsome....hardly anyone has heard of him it seems too.  I wonder what happened to him..he hasnt put out an album in YEARS and the last I ca find that he toured was in 2005.  apparently he played on Conan in 1995 too. huh.

Also one I would include on a list is MARK MAY...everyone should buy his cds.  hes a master of the wahwah especially in the songs Ill be around and sweet spot. Check HIM OUTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!  the CDs "telephone road" and "Doll Maker" are the best, but "call on the blues" aint bad either. the actual song telepone road is really refreshingly unique.

I woke up this mornin', cant find my shoes.

My new list of great guitarist to come out in the last 15 years

Derek Trucks
John Mayer
Kenny Wayne Shepard
Tom Morello
Sonny Landreth
David Grissom
Audley Freed
Kevin Briet
Ty Tabor
Dan Tyminski
Chis Whitely

they all are masters in the own field..  from Pop to Bluegrass
Some overlooked by RS some acknowledged
just my 2 cents
Joe Bonamassa

joe bonamassa
jeff beck
jimi hendrix
john mayer
larry miller
stevie ray vaughan
john mayell
thom yorke(listen to his solo work)
ronnie lane
eric clapton.

all time fav's of mine

'IN THE CITY THERES A THOUSAND THINGS I WANNA SAY TO YOU'

If you're going to include Jimi Hendrix who's been dead for thirty years, then add Duane Allman.

And nobody mentions Mark Knopfler who is a great guitarist and complete underrated, in my opinion.

Nancy in Chicago

I'm just saying.

JEEPS ! ..... If joe praises these guys , they need to be checked out , especially , Grissom , Freed , Briet , Tabor , Tyminski , Whitely.

Yeah i like all types and fields from thrash metal to cajun , bluesgrass and zydeco , folk acoustic as long as they,ve got feeling in their playing    cool

Now where.s google and that search bar !

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

gary wrote:

Heypittsburg jeff I wa thinking of wes jeans for my list wasnt sure hes been around long enough yet. have you heard his new cd forest of the pines w special guests lance lopez and eric gales?

Yeah Gary,
  Wes's new Forest of the pine is awesome. The tracks with LL and Eric Gales really stand out with that FUNKY style that I've come to love from LL.  Love it.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Yes Joe Kevin Breit is awesome when he lets loose... Plus he is a dedicated dude to boot, he gave up a lucrative career with nora jones band to stay home more with his young children in Toronto.. Yes folks another young canadian hot shot along with underrated Philip sayce.... i will post a link to an awesome interview I recently had with Philip soon!!!

Joe you be next for the interview trail......

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

samfrei wrote:

Hey Jimmy D lane is fricking awsome....hardly anyone has heard of him it seems too.  I wonder what happened to him..he hasnt put out an album in YEARS and the last I ca find that he toured was in 2005.  apparently he played on Conan in 1995 too. huh.

Also one I would include on a list is MARK MAY...everyone should buy his cds.  hes a master of the wahwah especially in the songs Ill be around and sweet spot. Check HIM OUTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!  the CDs "telephone road" and "Doll Maker" are the best, but "call on the blues" aint bad either. the actual song telepone road is really refreshingly unique.

I am glad you mentioned mark may I knew I would forget some great ones .

Your rock candy baby

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

My new list of great guitarist to come out in the last 15 years

Derek Trucks
John Mayer
Kenny Wayne Shepard
Tom Morello
Sonny Landreth
David Grissom
Audley Freed
Kevin Briet
Ty Tabor
Dan Tyminski
Chis Whitely

they all are masters in the own field..  from Pop to Bluegrass
Some overlooked by RS some acknowledged
just my 2 cents
Joe Bonamassa

Dan Tyminski - yes! Loved that performance he did on Crossroads: "Man of Constant Sorrow."

michael*lynch wrote:

Yeah i like all types and fields from thrash metal to cajun , bluesgrass and zydeco , folk acoustic as long as they,ve got feeling in their playing    cool

Now where.s google and that search bar !

Couldn't agree more. I don't care what style they play as long as it moves me.

All of the aforementioned plus Smokin Joe Kubek