Topic: Otis Rush and Bryan Lee

Can anybody tell me some good Otis Rush or Bryan Lee cds to buy? I like these two but have no idea where to start. I parefer anything live but if anybody knows any good studio cds that will due also. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Re: Otis Rush and Bryan Lee

I'll start you off with one.  You may want to try Bryan Lee's "Live at the Old Absinthe Bar - Friday Night".
James Cotton, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Frank Marino play on a few of the tracks. 

There is also a "Saturday Night" if you like this one.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

I agree with Teri....Bryan Lee's "Live at the Old Absinthe (Friday Night)" is a GREAT CD...my GF and I listen to it often.  Much more of a "classic" blues player, but he can light it up when he wants to.  Some great original material, different takes on some classic songs (Crosscut Saw, The Sky Is Crying, Five Long Years) and he's a great storyteller.  I just wish he played closer to DC, but I am definitely going to plan a roadtrip to see him someday soon.

Don't really know much about Otis Rush....friend lent me a live CD with him and Clapton and another semi-famous guitarist, didn't really blow me away.  The hook for "All Your Love (I Miss Loving)" is a classic, though!

Keep on rockin' the blues

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

4 (edited by RKO 2007-02-17 09:33:34)

i'll second that vote..Bryan Lee's "Live at the Old Absinthe (Friday Night)" is a GREAT CD !!!!

i saw Otis Rush @ the old Tenny Street Roadhouse in Dearborn quite a few years ago....didn't do much for me.

"growing older but staying immature"

http://www.myspace.com/rkomgt

Hey Ron, you only need one more post and you will be a silver mewmber bro!! LOL. How have you been? Havent heard from you in awhile.
Thanks for all your inputs. I am looking into the Bryan Lee cd.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

I agree that "Live at the Old Absinthe House Bar Friday Nite" is a great Live CD.I have a good friend that played keyboards on this Cd. Maybe thats why I'm so partial to B3 organs. Joe B outta listen how much an organ fills the room.  Sorry to say the Old A bar is no more. Lucky to have been there several times. Seen Bryan Lee and heard tons of great blues. Great seeing Bryan on JLeno.