1 (edited by David A. 2007-02-01 14:39:57)

Topic: Charlotte - Feb. 7th

Joe is scheduled to perform his first Charlotte, NC appearance in many years at the Neighborhood Theatre.  The Street Team has being doing their part in getting the word out via Flyers (thanks Melissa), posting on local websites and radio contact etc...   

Here is a write up on the Local Fox Station, WRFX 99.7, website!!!

Smokin' Bluz for Sunday February 4, 2007
Tuesday 01-30-2007 4:30pm
Even though it's Super Bowl Sunday, kill the volume on the TV and crank up Smokin' Bluz at 7pm. The Back Porch set at 8:40 includes a killer acoustic tune featuring Kenny Wayne Shepherd on guitar from his new CD "Ten Days Out-Blues From The Backroads" and the Featured Artist at 9:20 is Joe Bonamassa, PLUS, tickets to Joe's show at The Neighborhood Theatre on Wednesday February 7.

http://wrfx.com/pages/rick.html

Look forward to seeing Joe come to town!

Music is good for the Soul...

2 (edited by David A. 2007-02-08 09:05:52)

Re: Charlotte - Feb. 7th

Well it has been since 2000 that Joe has been in Charlotte and he blew the doors off the place in front of 500+ people, a lot of them with their jaws dropped!  Nice venue with good sound for all and not a bad seat in the house.

Setlist was pretty much the same as the previous shows.  This is a partial list:
Just Got Paid, zep infusion
Too many roads
Mountain Time
ANDY
Woke Up Dreaming
Bridge To Better Days
Django
Had to Cry Today/Starship Trooper  (excellent, excellent)
Angel on My Shoulder

Show was about 1:45 minutes in length.

Nice to meet Scotty Moore and some others for the first time.

On the road now to Atlanta and Jax....

I have been around the block for a few years, and I have been to so many concerts (some I don't remember too well) in the past 40 years and have seen all the great guitarists.
Last night I saw and heard the best guitarist of all the others I have seen in the past...You could just feel his soul touching those strings and the passion of it flowing out of those Marshalls...I just stood there in awe of his talent which is truely a gift from God..It's not natural...Joe has that supernatural gift that comes along one time per generation of guitar players..and he is only 29...All you people out there better hold on to your hats..Who knows what he will do next in the future years to come...

P.S.    Joe, don't forget to send me a picture of the "stuff" you are going to frame...Michael

Enjoy life to the fullest extent
Stop complaining
Life is good when you are vertical and your toes are not pointed at the sky...Michael

4 (edited by Demonsterastratofixation 2007-02-08 16:34:52)

Cool review Michael. It is amazing and I like that expression, "hold on to your hats" even though we don't all wear hats like they did in the '30's.  It's very appropro as they WILL get blown away!!! Any clue on your special "stuff" for us?!

Demonsterastratofixation ....Thank you for your comment..It was something personal that I have had for a long time that I wanted to give Joe...Much too often in Joe's position you find so many people (not everyone, I'm trying to be fair here) want something from you..Or, "what can I get from him?"  When all along he has nothing but given to his fans great music which is priceless and comes personal from within him..I think you know what kind of people I mean..I'm not talking about his great fans who want an autograph, picture, etc.....His Band, crew, road/tour Mngr. Guitar tech. who I met for the most part all of them, were just fantastic..You could tell they loved Joe and were kind of like a family..I was very impressed...They treated me like a King...I will never forget it.. I guess to get to the point, once in awhile give something to Joe or whoever it may be that means something to you or that person would really appreciate..It's a breath of fresh air to them..Michael

Enjoy life to the fullest extent
Stop complaining
Life is good when you are vertical and your toes are not pointed at the sky...Michael

Well stated Michael. Both your review and your reply were terrific.

7 (edited by day3lynn 2007-02-08 22:27:37)

YES...GREAT SHOW IN CHARLOTTE!  BEST CONCERT OF ANY TYPE I HAVE EVER ATTENDED AND I HAVE SEEN ALOT!  CHECK OUT MY REVIEW ALSO AT DAY3LYNN!  GO JOE!  THANKS FOR THE SHOW...NOW I HAVE SEEN ONE OF THE GREATEST GUITAR PLAYERS OF ALL TIME!

I too was at the Neighborhood gig; there I saw there an extremely talented gitbox player.  Bonamassa's drummer was exceedingly talented and his bass player was too.  $15 admission was too cheap for Bonamassa.

I had read about the buzz that Joe was creating in a review of Hi-Fi+ magazine and bought his album "You and Me".  I think the album a fine effort but was a little puzzled by the progressive rock influences with a good amount of blues inflection.  BTW: I am not a fan of Led Zeppelin in any musical form.

Since I had not heard his previous albums, I had thought more of a blues repetoire would have shown through at the February 8th show but it really didn't.  I heard a lot of covers including Starship Trooper by Yes and A New Day Yesterday, by Tull and quite honestly I got quite a kick out of it but I wonder if he should spread his wings already and played either original stuff or went for the jugular by performing some of the killer electric guitar blues songs that proved so well for Guy, Hendrix, King, Collins and Vaughn to name just a few.  I would hate him go the way of Satriani as he has a darn good vocal skills as well.

All-in-all I was impressed and awed by his guitar chops.  I will continue to watch his career and will attend his shows where possible but I will read his album reviews and judge the play list before I plunk down $16-18. for a CD.

Sincerely,

Jim

What a great night in Charlotte! Check out some of my pics of the night in a slideshow at www.myspace.com/mobluz.

Hey David...thanks for the shout out in your post. Great to meet you and your family too.

Thank you Joe for coming to the Southeast...See you Thursday in Athens,GA!!!

Keep it Simple,
Scott

Hey Scott, nice meeting up with you as well... Tried the link doesn't work right now.

David A. wrote:

Hey Scott, nice meeting up with you as well... Tried the link doesn't work right now.

Click the link, delete the period, press enter.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

John M wrote:
David A. wrote:

Click the link, delete the period, press enter.

That did it... great pics Scott...

Sorry about the mis-placed period. Lets try that again www.myspace.com/mobluz

Hey David...hop in the car and join us in Athens! There's no such thing as to much Joe!!!

I'm going to see Robert Randolph on Saturday,17th in Durham...man Joe B and RR in the same week...I must be living RIGHT!

L8R,
Scott

jjfxc wrote:

I think the album a fine effort but was a little puzzled by the progressive rock influences with a good amount of blues inflection.  BTW: I am not a fan of Led Zeppelin in any musical form.

Joe is a big fan of old school progressive rock and of course, the blues.  I for one probably wouldn't like him as much live if he didn't throw in the the progressive stuff.