Topic: Show at Finale in Clayton, MO 1-31-07

Here are my photos from the 9:30 p.m. show. Finale is a tiny venue, 32 tables = 140 people in all in a very upscale part of St. Louis. A pillar was to my right, blocking the stage, so not very many pics of Mark and none of the keyboard player. I was not up in front of the stage as with most of the shows I have attended, but the lighting was pretty good, so there are some nice pics of Bogie. smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photogal19 … 516886756/

Bogie....thanks for visiting with Robby after the show, he sure does think you can walk on water!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Re: Show at Finale in Clayton, MO 1-31-07

Hey Rhonda,
Thanks so much for all the shots you take. It's great to see how we're coming off visually as well as musically. I'm glad you caught what I call the Comic Relief shots during my solo(where my left hand suddenly has no stick, then amazingly has a stick). It was really great to see you and Robby and your husband and daughter, sorry their names escape me right now. I've had the pleasure of meeting a few up and coming drummers this week. Robby in St Louis and Cory Myers in KC. I look forward to seeing them play one day soon. I have felt better musically on this tour, from a drumming standpoint, than I ever really have. I attribute that to a lesson I took with a phenomenal player/teacher named Russ Miller. He opened my eyes to many things and gave me a lot of things to work on. I have only begun to scratch the surface of what we talked about in our lesson, but it has really had an impact on my playing. I'm very excited to see what happens in the next few months. That's all for now and again thanks so much,

Bogie

PS I never was able to pull off the walking on water thing:)

Rhonda,
Great shots once again! It's always a little tricky when you've got obstacles/people in your way, but I think you did a super job working around that. And I always love the shots you get of Bogie. They are just terrific.
I'm also so happy for your son that he got a chance to meet up with Bogie again. That's so cool!

Bogie,

If you would like any photos, just email me: photogal1967@charter.net and let me know. I will bring them to the Elgin show in May.

Thanks for making Robby's day! Jordan, my daughter thinks your pretty cute too! She said you need a t-shirt designed for you and one for Mark!

Take care,

Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Rhonda:  You got some very nice pic's there.  Thanks for sharing. We were at the 9:30 also, but didn't bother to bring a camera because last time we were there, Jim got one shot off, then was shut down.  It really is a beautiful stage curtain !  -  Jim&Kathy

I thought the no encore thing was strange, but it was a very quite crowd.  Joe did play a very long time, though I wasn't watching the clock.  It seemed like a longer than usual show. 

KWS was at the Pageant a long time ago.  We were there too. More recently, the Robin Trower show, which we still talk about how great that was., and how we may never again have the pleasure of witnessing a Trower concert in STL.  Maybe. but he's what like 60-ish.  I heard he walked out of there with about $35 grand.  Not bad.

6 (edited by photogal 2007-02-07 02:02:08)

I wish I could have gone to the Robin Trower show at the Pageant! I was however fortunate enough to see Trower at the Memphis in May - Beale St. Music Festival back in 1998. He was great then and helped turn me on to a number of different musicians.

I did check with Finale regarding taking photos at Joes concert. They said that since he has his photo policy posted and allows it that it would not be a problem. Even though they allowed cameras, I still avoided using the flash, especially since I was several rows back. I don't think the people around me would have appreciated the flash constantly going off, especially since the flash I have is powerful and would have illuminated the room from my table to the stage!

~Rhonda