Topic: Stepping Down

Happy New Year to everyone!  I hope this finds you safe, happy and healthy.  Let this be the start of the best year, ever.

I have been grappling with this decision for the last few months.

I am stepping down as Joe Bonamassa's New England Street Team Coordinator.  However, I will still continue to street team for Joe and other blues artists.

I started out as the Massachusetts State Coordinator approximately two plus years ago.  Last February, I signed up for the New England Street Team Coordinator; Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine in addition to MA.  This was mostly due to the lack of promoting for the Toad's Place show in New Haven, CT. 

I have since surrendered CT to Mark Ceccorulli.  Mark has been doing awesome work in CT and I am glad that I could help him out when needed. (It was great to meet you and your wife at the Newport, RI show).

I look forward to seeing many of the wonderful people that I have met along the way, at future shows.

Cheers,

Tara

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

Re: Stepping Down

Hi Tara,

Happy New Year to you also!  Keep having fun promoting the blues!  Maybe we'll meet up someday, my son just got accepted to Boston College, although I'm thinking it's a little far from home the first year on his own.  Cheers to a great year!

Angela

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Tara, I hear ya and...

I have to say I've arrived at much the same conclusion at this point. Between physical challenges and utter mental exhaustion, there's just not enough of "me" left to go around.

I'm really proud of how well the promotion for Joe's last San Diego show went and I will never stop promoting the band or the blues. Still, I have to choose the best way to utilize my time, energy, and other resources in order to be more effective.

Sadly, I don't know if there's anyone else willing to take over SoCal, but if there is, I wish them the best of luck and am more than willing to pass along contacts and promotional materials I have on hand.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

I'd like to pass on my sincere thanks to both Tara and Joanie for all their Street Team efforts. They both did a lot of work "behind the scenes" promoting Joe and his music. I know it was appreciated by Joe, by management, and by me when I was the Street Team Coordinator. Although we may not have always agreed on how to best approach the task, we certainly shared the same goals. You both leave some big shoes to be filled! Thanks again for your work as State and Regional Coordinators.

I will have to agree with Stu on this one.

If more JBB fans had half the enthusiasm and energy that these two gals have, it would be even tougher to get good seats for sold out JBB shows across the country and across the pond.

I had the pleasure of serving as the chauffer for the gals at my first show at The Railhead in Vegas a couple of years back.
They were talking non-stop the entire time about ideas for promoting the band and increasing the exposure to other rockin blues fans. We had a blast meeting up with Joan from Green Bay, who was celebrating a birthday in Vegas with friends. (I think it was 30 or so if I recall! lol)

You can bet they will still be promoting the boys many years in the future.

Best of Luck and Happy New Year Tara and Joanie!

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread

Tara,

I'm so very sad to hear of your decision but fully understand and support it. I realize the toll it can take and you have been relentless in your promotion of Joe B. Take comfort in the fact that many new fans have been converted due to your efforts, and some of those are ready and willing to step up and continue your outstanding work. I hope we see you at the Toad's show on 2/18/07.

"The Blues are the true facts of life expressed in words and song, inspiration, feeling, and understanding."
Willie Dixon

Does anyone know if there's a Street Team co-ordinator for the UK? If not I'd be happy to oblige.....if it'd help.

Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

gsj i don't think there is , but if you can get it going you got my full backing for sure , maybe we can meet before SHEPPARDS BUSH SHOW IN LONDON with a few other bonamassa fans for a discussion on this and other topics .... be cool

I FEEL THE WIND BLOW
  I FEEL THE LOVE FLOW
I'LL BE THERE , WHEN THE MORNING COMES
....... YEAH

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Well, I'm up for taking care of things if I can. I'd like to know what our friends in the US have to say first.....??? Stu and the Street Team...what do you think?

michael*lynch wrote:

gsj i don't think there is , but if you can get it going you got my full backing for sure , maybe we can meet before SHEPPARDS BUSH SHOW IN LONDON with a few other bonamassa fans for a discussion on this and other topics .... be cool

I FEEL THE WIND BLOW
  I FEEL THE LOVE FLOW
....... YEAH

gsj-Melissa and Roadking (forgot his real name) are the main street team coordinators now.  This is the same Melissa that you had contact with before about the UK magazine article. She's probably e-mailed you by now. Stu is a consultant now to the street team. I'm sure Joe would love street team help in the UK, especially from someone like you...You Got It Bad...

And just a little reminder everyone-don't forget to vote for your favorites over at blueswax.com. For newer fans, Blueswax is a free online blues newsletter (comes in an e-mail format) that hosts readers favorite choices year end. If you don't want to keep reading it, you can sign up to vote and then be taken off the mailing list. I don't read mine all the time, so if it wasn't for Tara even mentioning it was time to nominate, I wouldn't have known. One of my New Year's Resolutions, DON'T PROCASTINATE ... Like Nike says..."DO IT".  I have to confess, I totally forgot until it was too late to cast my nomination vote, made me feel bad, even though I had good intentions and have a thousand excuses why I was too busy, etc. 

gsj wrote:

Well, I'm up for taking care of things if I can. I'd like to know what our friends in the US have to say first.....??? Stu and the Street Team...what do you think?

michael*lynch wrote:

I FEEL THE WIND BLOW
  I FEEL THE LOVE FLOW
....... YEAH

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Hi Angela. Yep, I've been in touch with Melissa. I'll contact her re the UK co-ord.

Tara & Joanie,
I'm so sorry to hear you guys are stepping down. I'm fairly new here so haven't had the opportunity to work with the two of you, or meet you, but have heard things about the two of you and know you will be sorely missed. If there's no way we can talk you out of it, then best wishes, but if there's anything we can do to keep you, please let us know.

Thanks for all you have done, and I guess we'll advertise for the positions shortly. If you have any recomendations for folks to replace you, or have any resources to pass on, please contact me off list.

Sorry to see you go, but know we will miss you!

GSJ, hope you have made contact with Melissa and welcome aboard! Thanks for your willingness!!!

Randy

Thank you, Angela, Joanie, Rockin Ron, Stu, Randy and Mark.

Stu & Ron--Hope you are surving the weather out there. (RR give Deb a hug from me).

Mark--Thanks for your help.  Yes, I will be at Toad's Place on the non-alcoholic side.  That show is the start of a school break, a holiday Monday and it's all ages.  Should not be a problem selling it out.

Cheers,

Tara

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

Tara Dear:

I was sad to hear the news, but understand where you are coming from.

I was thinkin about sending some Pat Travers tunes from his solo acoustic show last night here in Portland, but lost your phone number when I changed phones. Will have a new phone next week with the new job. Shoot me an email, and I can get the number back girl. I was spreading the gospel of Joe to some folks I met at PT show. Will be burnin some shows to send out to them.

Deb and I missed the Kenny Wayne Sheppard show in Austin last week by one day at Antones:'(

BTW, I gave Deb more than a big hug!

Hope you have been well and still rockin.

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread

15 (edited by Demonsterastratofixation 2007-02-03 12:48:22)

Tara I join Rockin' Ron in expressing sadness, and now that I'm aware of Joanie and of course Stu's decisions, I express sadness for their decisions too....that said though glad for all you guys have done, in a word unbelievable! Melissa is a great one to take over, so no tears or anything...As one who has literally been on the streets of the U.S. & Canada preaching the Rock On & Keep the Faith message for Joe Bonamassa, every seed planted bears fruit so your work will live on. 3 cheers for Stu, Joanie, & Tara (big hugs too)!!!  Hooray for Melissa (and Dean & family)!