Topic: Callaham vs. Mighy Mite bridges

callahamguitars.com wants $55 for a stainless Steel hardtail bridge for my guitar project. I have never heard of this company before, but Kinman's pickup website recommended them.

You see chrome bridges made by Mighty Mite on ebay all day between 20-30$

Does anyone have an experience/opinion on this?
Is the callaham bridges worth the extra $ching$?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: Callaham vs. Mighy Mite bridges

Until I can jump for the Lentz; been sticking with strats.  Threw some S.D. Surfers, LSR, Planet Wave tuners on my amer strat; sounds great with the cowtipper.  I finally found a Luthier that builds his own geetars and I just like his work; trouble is that he's 500 miles away from me.   So, I picked up this mex 60's strat, ordered lollar blonds, tuners, ect and had it dropped off at luthiers.  I asked him if Callaham bridge with everything was worth the C Note.  He said Callaham is all he uses on his own guitars.  He said way back when, fender used quality steel in block & bridge; what they use today looks like pot metal.  He claimed Callaham adds to resonance ect.  Jason said not to add those metal base plates for pups advertised on Callaham web site.

Finally found a luthier that's convinced me he knows what he's doing and doesn't hard sell me on anything.  Probably won't get guitar back until mid feb but going with his advice on Callahams.

What kind of neck ya going with?