Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

Hey Folks:

I'm a Rookie here posting for the first time...Just a note for both the Penn's Peak show and the HABF.   I have a large JB flag that will be sailing high at both shows and a large banner prepared for the festival.  Jane had mentioned about having an area for forum members to rally to.  I would be more than happy to help out...it's hard to believe that these shows are almost here! It's gonna be an amazing weekend...and to meet all the members from this site attending the shows would push it over the top!  Not sure if tailgating is allowed at Penn's Peak but any info on that would be appreciated...  Hope this can happen...look forward to meeting y'all

Darren

Darren, I´m sure we´ll see you.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Nope...be the first time and really looking forward to it...can't understand why our team is not closing out the show though?  The flag is solid black, 5X12, with the big JB logo on both sides in white...  Come one, come all, the more supporters  the better!  Bonamassa Nation back in MD, can't wait to meet everyone

Darren

Quarryman wrote:

The flag is solid black, 5X12, with the big JB logo on both sides in white...

That should be easy for even old folks with bad eyesight (like me) to spot....see you all there!

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

It's a month away. Y'all ready??? I am!!!

It's gonna be a great weekend!!

A BonaMonstrosity!

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Just got my tickets. I will see you all there!!!!!

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

Spider wrote:

It's a month away. Y'all ready??? I am!!!

It's gonna be a great weekend!!

I'm ready. Just counting down the days. 
We'll be wearing our JB shirts and looking for that flag.  See you all there. cool

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Tripsy wrote:

That sounds fantastic Cathy. I'm very envious of the great music festivals you get over there.

Another thing you can call it Hot August Blues without any fear of the weather being S***.

Over here you'd have to call it Cold Wet and Muddy August Blues!!

Tripsy smile

Ahh but Tripsy that is the blues wink

Tic tic tic..time's flying. Again, come one come all. I strongly recommend getting there early. No tailgating, etc. is a bummer, but we'll have fun. Maybe we can use the banner at a second claimed area in the shade. I think it'll be best to claim space in the front as well as in the shade because humidity and heat are brutal! Big Jeff..calling you..come on up!!! PLEASE! Cathy

What time is everyone getting there?  If anyone is looking for a hotel,  do a priceline for that area.  Staying in a Crowne Plaza for $45 a night!!!  Normally $120 a night

Doug

Jane H. wrote:

thats not too shabby! I think it is so odd though, that used to be a Holiday Inn, and the hotel down the road used to be a Day's Inn but now is a Holiday Inn . I always wondered why they did that move. Oh well.
continue on greenspring heading north straight thru light to deerco take that straight through light to McCormick straight through two lights, make left next light onto Beaver Dam, Oregon Ridge on the left after a couple miles or so

Thanks for the info Jane.  Looking forward to meeting the forum members!!

Doug

srxman2001 wrote:

What time is everyone getting there?  If anyone is looking for a hotel,  do a priceline for that area.  Staying in a Crowne Plaza for $45 a night!!!  Normally $120 a night

We were dumb and bid $55...got the same hotel! Still a great deal. Anyone else, go for $45, you'll probably get it.

86 (edited by srxman2001 2009-07-21 18:26:48)

ken wrote:
srxman2001 wrote:

We were dumb and bid $55...got the same hotel! Still a great deal. Anyone else, go for $45, you'll probably get it.

Did you bid for a 2 1/2 star and get upgraded to a 3 star?  That is what happened to me.  It actually turned my $45 bid down on a 3 star but when I bid $45 on a 2 1/2 star, my offer was accepted and was upgraded 3 star .  Sort of strange but Ill take it.

Anyone going to Penns Peak the night before?  Im about 50/50 that I will

Doug

The clock is ticking.... I can feel it... another set of back-to-back Joe shows?
Three weeks from tomorrow is Penn's Peak - I still hope to make that one.

Major Tom to ground control...

Ok, the dye is cast. Or, as the Dutch like to say, the bullet has gone through the church. big_smile

I'll be there for HAB! cool big_smile

(Do not expect an 'only xx days left' topic this time, this is almost routine now.) wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

99F here with 99% humidity and twisters...

the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire  lol

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Jane H. wrote:
srxman2001 wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

thats not too shabby! I think it is so odd though, that used to be a Holiday Inn, and the hotel down the road used to be a Day's Inn but now is a Holiday Inn . I always wondered why they did that move. Oh well.
continue on greenspring heading north straight thru light to deerco take that straight through light to McCormick straight through two lights, make left next light onto Beaver Dam, Oregon Ridge on the left after a couple miles or so

Thanks for the info Jane.  Looking forward to meeting the forum members!!

now that i think about it i think maybe it doesn't become mccormick road until after the turn to remain on beaver dam. so deerco turns into beaver dam after you cross over padonia, then at the third light or so you need to make a left to remain on beaver dam, going straight it turns into mccormick .

anyway its getting hot around here!

I just confirmed on Google maps and you are correct.  Thanks again Jane.  Hope to meet you at the show!!

Doug