Topic: Granada Theatre Dallas

According to the e-mail I just received from the Granada, Joe will be there July 20th. The Texas Oklahoma run will present many opportunities for Bonamassa Live.

Ron, Pat Travers will be there June 2nd. Now he isn't exactly Johnny A but I might consider the 3 hour drive since it is a Friday Night.

That presents another topic. Who else besides Joe will get you to drive a few hours for a show. Mine is a very short list.

jim m

Re: Granada Theatre Dallas

Hey Jim, did you say a few hours? How about a few states…lol! I know we’ve both been there and done that…. Texas & Oklahoma are mighty big states. What I see as the lineup is:

7/21 Houston

7/22 - Austin

7/26 - Tulsa

7/27 - Ardmore

7/20 - Dallas   

The Dallas show is in fact listed on the Granada calendar on Thursday at 8 pm. And the tickets are on sale now! Will kind of put me north Texas, to south Texas… but from there… Austin, Tulsa & Ardmore will be a breeze!

Thanks for sharing the news…. Sounds like another road trip!

Cheers,

GW

jim m wrote:

According to the e-mail I just received from the Granada, Joe will be there July 20th. The Texas Oklahoma run will present many opportunities for Bonamassa Live.

jim m

***   "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..."   ***             Ozzy Osbourne

Mine is a short list as well, jim: Jeff Beck.

Hmmm, Joe definitely...

Stoney Curtis, more than likely.

Robin Trower, if possible.

And, the rest aren't even musicians...they're comedians.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Sammy Hagar -- we like it when some music breaks out in the middle of a party

Also, I'm doing my best to become proficient using these things --:lol:,:rolleyes:,=D, etc. because I heard somewhere someone on the net slammed me for doing it and posting short conversational answers with other board folks......

I've just got enough mean streak in me to do it for spite cool!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Joanie wrote:

And, the rest aren't even musicians...they're comedians.

...and were just clowns in this circus (called life).

Of course Joe, Johnny A, Albert Cummings.

Metallica and AC/DC.

Most blues clubs (or venues that book blues artists) are at least an hour drive.  The better clubs are 2 1/2 hours, one way.

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX