Topic: Cool New Online Radio Show

http://www.planetrock.com/

Hosted by Gary Moore... Sounds cool...

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

Re: Cool New Online Radio Show

Thanks for sharing!

Gary Moore is a must hear guitarist IMHO. If you are a blues fan you will definitely appreciate his performance. I recently picked up an older DVD of Gary live with B.B. King guesting on a couple of tunes. The DVD is called Ballads and Blues 1982-1994 and Live Blues (the BEST part). If I recall correctly, the reference to the DVD was from this forum, but I am not sure.

Anyway, the setting is a smaller venue and he has a full backing band including keyboards and a horn section. It is an import and is not readily available in the 'States, but I found it on Amazon and it is worth every penny.

A former member of Thin Lizzy, Gary has been performing for 30 years. I wish he would visit the 'States more.

Also check out his Power of the Blues CD (among others) for some additional listening pleasure. You can also catch him on the Stat Pack DVD (doing Hendrix's Red House) and there is a tribute DVD to one of his former band members (Phil Lynott), but I have not seen that one.

Note: BB kicks butt on the two tunes he does with Gary. Note better that Gary, but smokin' hot none the less!

Nothin' but the Blues

LV:  If you haven't already picked it up, you really MUST get ahold of a copy of Gary's "Live At Montreux Jazz Festival", with the Midnight Horns.  I got mine from Amazon or something for well under $20.  Great show from right about the time that "Still Got The Blues" was making it's way up the charts, with a special guest appearance by Albert Collins (RIP).  Amazing playing, great setlist, pro-shot, sounds awesome.

For audio, I really love "Blues Alive".  I was doing my version of his versions of Albert King's "Pretty Woman" and Jimmy Rogers' "Walkin' By Myself" at the blues jams I frequent for a while.

Of course, Joe can play circles around Gary, but his tone and note choices are impeccable.  Not too fond of the "metal" period from the 80's though.

Keep on rockin' dem blues...

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

"Of course, Joe can play circles around Gary."

What?!?!

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

John M wrote:

"Of course, Joe can play circles around Gary."

What?!?!

I'll bet Joe himself does not think that either... There are only a hndful out there that have indeed EXCELLED in so many styles as gary has over his career... Ever heard gary's Skid Row stuff at 16/17?? He was a precocious mother just like Joe. His Colosseum II fusion stuff is some of the very best that genre has to offer. During his rock era he was right up there with Van H (at least in the UK) no matter what style he performs he performs with fire passion and exquisite tone.... Hmmmm just like Joe!!!!!

6 (edited by gsj 2007-01-10 16:32:04)

But Gary Moore is a two-faced git who sold Peter Greens Les Paul when he should've given it back! And he can never decide whether he loves the blues or "the blues is dead"....it all depends on which bandwagon is passing his door at the time.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

gsj wrote:

But Gary Moore is a two-faced git who sold Peter Greens Les Paul when he should've given it back! And he can never decide whether he loves the blues or "the blues is dead"....it all depends on which bandwagon is passing his door at the time.

??????

Snub yer autograph request or something???

LMAO

8 (edited by gsj 2007-01-11 09:48:32)

smile What would I do with his autograph! (Answers on a postcard please.....:) )

mikeb wrote:
gsj wrote:

??????

Snub yer autograph request or something???

LMAO

gsj wrote:

smile What would I do with his autograph! (Answers on a postcard please.....:) )

Sell it to me????

I'd give it to you smile

mikeb wrote:
gsj wrote:

Sell it to me????