Topic: Robert Randolph - "Colorblind"

I picked up this album yesterday, and I just have to say "yowza"!! Smoking hot!!

The radio single "Aint Nothing Wrong With That" rocks hard, but they do a killer version of "Jesus Is Just Alright With Me" that features Eric Clapton playing like I remember from back in the day.

The rest of the song lineup is very strong as well. I highly recommed adding this one to your collection.

Nancy in Chicago

I'm just saying.

Re: Robert Randolph - "Colorblind"

Yep. This was one of my favorites of last year. A great album. I think Diane is my fave along with Thrill Of It.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

They also put on a very entertaining live show....the whole band is smokin'.  Biggest treat for me was RR's take on "Voodoo Chile" with the 13-string pedal steel...definitely an "experience".

The style is a bit on the "gospel" side for me, but it definitely gets ya wantin' to shake yer booty.

I haven't bought "Colorblind" yet, but I do have "Classified" which is pretty cool.  They have quite a few (149 or so) live shows available for free streaming/download at archive.org if you want to take a listen before you buy.

Keep on rockin' dem blues

Carl

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

I got this one as an xmas present and I really like it. Robert Randolph just smokes, one of the best of the new breed of guitar players out there nowdays.

I got it.... Disappointed to be quite frank. he just does not cook in the studio... Much much prefer the live stuff......

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

I bought this a few weeks ago and really didnt care for it. Definetly better live! I did like Jesus Is Just Allright though!

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

It's your opinion, but I just don't see or hear it. I just see that album bristling with energy. They're not jamming, but the songs are tight, and it sounds like a party's going on. Oh well.

I guess I'm in the minority. I don't care for his music at all. It's not that I don't like the pedal steel. I like it on Neil Young's "Old Man" and Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown."

Saw RR a few years ago at Austin City Limits Festival. Was very repetitious and I left after about 45 minutes. Saw his encore with Clapton when he opened for him last tour. We were fashionalbly late and missed his set.
Thought he ripped with Clapton. Groove oriented mindless music with out anybody that could sing is how I would describe the ACLF show. It didn't make me want to go out and buy his catalog. Probably won't buy the new one either. The best pedal steel player I've seen is Rusty Young of Poco. Of course I have never gone out of my way to see any others.

Deezer wrote:

It's your opinion, but I just don't see or hear it. I just see that album bristling with energy. They're not jamming, but the songs are tight, and it sounds like a party's going on. Oh well.

Of course there aint no right or wrong here, just chocolate n vanilla right?? For me hearing Live at the Wetlands first and seeing him on the Crossroads DVD set a very high energy level bar that I just dont get from his studio work thats all......

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

That's what I said, it's your opinion.