Re: Mohican Blues Fest Show

For every one idiot, there are a hundred people who care about Joe Bonamassa, and want nothing more than to see your star continue to burn brighter and brighter. That being said, active moderation does need to happen. Looks like Jim's been made a moderator. If so, great. Whoever Joe, Nick, Stu (whoever's in charge) decides to put in that position, it needs to be done.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Active moderation is in the early stages. Expect to see more about it in the coming days. For now be sure that personal attacks on each other or Joe will not be tolerated. Posts will be deleted, threads locked, and users/ip addresses banned.

If everyone is minding their manners, then moderation should be transparent to the majority.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.........

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Cool. The only fear I have is that I hope it doesn't become a thing where anything that is not absolutely positive is deleted. I do think that would sterilize the board. That's not a good place to be (example: LLB's forum). I think there has to be a nice medium between stopping the personal attacks and castrating this board. But I have faith in the people that have been put in charge that they will find the medium. Good luck.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Joe,

The fact that you actually read this forum says it all. I've seen you at MBF 3 times now and you're the main reason we go there. I got to meet you 2 years ago and I commend the way you interact with your fans, especially the kids. My daughter is 4 and can already recognize your music when I play it. I thought your show at MBF was great as usual. I'd like to aplogize myself for the idiots in front of the stage while your guys were trying to set up. I wasn't in the least offended by the "drunk hillbillies" remark that your guy made. It was pretty appropriate.  I'm not sure what the arguement  between Joe's driver and the campground staff was all about, but if they had the same trouble with them that others did, I'm just glad they stayed and played for us. I can't wait to see Joe and his band again. I've got some great pics from the show and some great memories as well.

Come back to Ohio soon,
Jim

To Jane H----
Yes, we have a website. It is:

http://www.chriscanas.com

Thank you for asking. If you make it to a show, please come up and say hi. I'm easy to get along with.

Shep

Oops---one more thing. There are pictures from the Mohican festival at:

http://www.dustyblues.com

He was one of those photographers running around the festival shooting pix of everything. He got some great shots of all the groups as well as some fans. Enjoy.

shep

hi all,
i just found this thread, and was wondering if anyone has pics from that show, if they would be kind enough to send me some?
2006 was my first time at the mbf, altho i've been going to mohican sp since i was a little girl. cool to see some people here from youngstown, which is the area i am from originally....anyway, i traveled all the way from syracuse indiana to see joe, and i thought he was fantastic!!! (hi joe, cool that u read your own forum threads, you're awesome!)
don't let the idiots get you down, WE all love ya! thanks for a wonderful birthday weekend at mohican - PLEASE keep coming back!!!

peace,
jen f.

Did anyone happen to lay their hands on a recording of this show?  I'm trying to hook up a fellow fan and it would be greatly appreciated if someone could share, I'd be happy to trade a show or two if that makes it more worthwhile.

Please post a reply if possible.  Thanks!

Keep on rockin' the blues....

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

I am a new member and must say that i saw this show. my first with Joe. Also my 10 year old daughters first concert ever. you may have seen her in a sling at the show. her arm was broke. We had a blast. Joe and everyone else was very hospitable and jammed. Joe was the only person I had ever heard of but we left with cds by everyone. My daughter had me make copies of all my Joe cds for her the next day. We caught joe getting off his bus after the show and he signed my daughters sling. She now has it in a fram in her room. My only regret is not haveing it to hear again, or see for that matter. Joe will always rock. I have everything hes put out. The Rockpalst dvd is awesome.
Budman