Topic: Guitar Hero ????

Our 16 yr. old got Guitar Hero I & II for Christmas and what a blast it is.  My question is:  Is it easy for you guitar-slingers to play????  Just curious...someone let me know.  Felt like big stuff playing along with Stevie Ray on Texas Flood and Crossroads with Cream....I won't tell you my score though........my son said it wasn't bad though for a "Mom score."  lol

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Re: Guitar Hero ????

Well Jane, I'll try to describe it as best as I can.  Of course, you get to pick your guitar ,what guitar slinger you want to be, and what song you want to play.  There is easy,intermediate,expert level on each song.   Your controller is a guitar with color coded "button frets" and then you have a strum bar and a whammy bar.  So once you pick your song, it starts playing and then a rolling fret board comes at you with the colors of the fret buttons, of which you coordinate pressing the right color and then the strum bar (one time or mutiple times).  You can get star power, etc...the better you play the higher your ranking and the crowd also rates you as a player.  Of course, once you master a level or levels you get to unlock more songs.  There are   tricks to the guitar contoller, raising it up makes an exploding like power.........you're playing a game, not reading music...does this explanation help????  Trust me, I'm no expert.....not by a long shot.....I was interested  in knowing if guitar players would have a hard time not actually trying to play the thing like a real guitar as you do get caught up in the songs.   patty smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hey Patty, thats a great description! My Son has both 1 and 2 as does my nephew. My Nephew has it mastered! You dont have to be a musician to play Guitar Hero. I think its one of the best games out there! What cool about the game is when your playing and your hitting all your notes, the crowd really starts to scream and cheer! It makes you feel like your really performing in front of a crowd.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

I was interested  in knowing if guitar players would have a hard time not actually trying to play the thing like a real guitar as you do get caught up in the songs.   patty smile

My son and his friends play this game a lot.
I talked with him about it and apparently being a good guitar player makes it easier to play this game better.
I'm sure that has to do with the dexterity of their fingers and being conditioned to be moving them in a similar fashion. His friends that are guitar players seemed to be able to attain the expert level quite easily.

I was thinking the same thing as you actually, that's why we got into the conversation.

Julie in Green Bay