Re: Royal Albert Hall May 4th 2009

When the RAH was built some of the seats were sold on a 999-year lease to raise funds.

The owners of these seats have the right to attend most events at the hall.

Seat owners who do not wish to attend usually release their tickets with about three weeks to go before the event.

Keep trying either via the website or ringing the booking office nearer the time.

I have been to various concerts at the RAH, the choir stalls are often used at classical concerts as the orchestra does not require a stage back-drop.  Not sat there myself but you are at least near the stage, elevated and you can see what Joe can see. Almost as good as a backstage pass!

Lester

Lester wrote:

I have been to various concerts at the RAH, the choir stalls are often used at classical concerts as the orchestra does not require a stage back-drop.  Not sat there myself but you are at least near the stage, elevated and you can see what Joe can see. Almost as good as a backstage pass!Lester

and you're almost guaranteed to be on the DVD. wink

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

There is 2 RAH Tickets on sale Arena A Block 4th Row (from stage) on sale at ebay if anyone is interested .... they're a bit pricey , but they are for 2 together , just thought i'd let everyone know if someone is real desperate to go and would only if they were good seats
There's a chance if your circumstances have changed since November and you didn't or couldn't  go back then but sorely want to be there now ........ Hmmmmmm Below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … 0323626809

......................... Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

On the basis that I knew when JB was going to be in the UK I e mailed Jools Holland to ask if he was going to check this out and get him on the show.  As he brought Seasick Steve to the attention of the great british public I thought he might do the same for JB.  Maybe if other UK fans also wrote to him then he might start to listen although I can't believe he doesn't know about him by now.

kayabarb wrote:

On the basis that I knew when JB was going to be in the UK I e mailed Jools Holland to ask if he was going to check this out and get him on the show.  As he brought Seasick Steve to the attention of the great british public I thought he might do the same for JB.  Maybe if other UK fans also wrote to him then he might start to listen although I can't believe he doesn't know about him by now.

Done that back in October , But you're right Jools Show is Prime Time music show in The UK Now and watched by Millions and a constant stream of e-mails will hopefully get him that slot
Joe has already sat in with Jools on his radio show , so they know each other now , bet they got on well , jools is really funny

....................... Michael

be nice to see jools holland at RAH .... Honky Tonking it

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Hi Kayabarb,

Yes, Jools is aware of Joe. See this quote from PaulB74 from http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9127

"According to Joe's Facebook page, he's been in London for a tour of the Royal Albert Hall, and to appear on Jools Holland's radio show, also on BBC Radio 2. Am not certain when that's going to air though. I believe it'll air to coincide with Joe's performance at the RAH. I have contacted the show to find out exactly when this will air......and I've just seen that Jools's show kicks back in in April.....on Monday nights between 2230 and 2330 UK time. Am sure this will be confirmed by someone far more knowledgeable than myself closer to the date. It's all very exciting news though isnt it??

Who knows...there may even be an appearance on Later before too long, like we've all been pushing for."

I know that some of our forum buddies have been mailing Jools about Joe for some time and it looks like it could be about to pay off.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

I've done some research....Eric Clapton is playing the RAH shortly after JB.....BB King has nothing booked in May as of yet, the U.K. in June.....what are the odds of both of them ending the show with JB and the band??....just stirring it up, cuz I'd love to see that happen....anyone else give this a thought also?....tell me if that's a rational thought or not smile

Shred

Shredit wrote:

I've done some research....Eric Clapton is playing the RAH shortly after JB.....BB King has nothing booked in May as of yet, the U.K. in June.....what are the odds of both of them ending the show with JB and the band??....just stirring it up, cuz I'd love to see that happen....anyone else give this a thought also?....tell me if that's a rational thought or not smile

Shred

I cannot see it with Clapton, if the dates were closer then yes may be. Who knows nice idea:)

Just booked flights. $549.00 each roundtrip to middle earth and back. United Airlines. Haven't seen fares this cheap since post 911. Last fall the cheapest I could find was $1,100.00.

jim m wrote:

Just booked flights. $549.00 each roundtrip to middle earth and back. United Airlines. Haven't seen fares this cheap since post 911. Last fall the cheapest I could find was $1,100.00.

Jim,
I'm still a bit worried myself. With taxes, my flight came to $666.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

jim m wrote:

That is a good deal for sure Jim.   If that includes all the taxes and fees, even better.

Music is good for the Soul...

That is each roundtrip taxes and fees.

Bill S wrote:
jim m wrote:

Jim,
I'm still a bit worried myself. With taxes, my flight came to $666.

Sounds like that might be the flight from hell Bill. I know, I've been on a few!

Major Tom to ground control...

Shredit wrote:

Shred

Gary Moore is playing at the Hammersmith Apollo on Saturday May 2nd. That's only a mile or so from RAH. I got my money on him!

As long as we dont end up with a guitar fest, it never works....

RICjunkie wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Shred

Gary Moore is playing at the Hammersmith Apollo on Saturday May 2nd. That's only a mile or so from RAH. I got my money on him!

Brack wrote:

I also see Jeff Beck is also playing RAH shortly after Joe! Hmmm........

It's fun to speculate but two months after Joe's appearance is hardly soon! lol The other JB appears at the RAH on 4th July, and his isn't sold out yet! hmm

Brack, putting your text in "quotes" makes it difficult to see whether there is a new post or if it's just requoting an existing post and also who the quote is attributed to. I think the above is your quote, but if not I apologise and you'll understand my mistake.

Thanks
Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

If there is anyone flying to London from the US and you haven't yet booked your flights, United is running a special promotion - up to 50K bonus miles.
http://www.united.com/promoreg?title=US … ode=MPE009