Re: Best of Joe B Tab Book

Thanks!!! Just ordered mine!

Glen Winfrey

Texas

***   "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..."   ***             Ozzy Osbourne

I received the "shipment is delayed" message also. Perhaps Cherry Lane was caught off guard by actually receiving orders for the book? smile

I sure wish someone (Joe???) would be kind enough to elaborate on the complete song listing. I have not be able to find out anything else from Cherry Lane. They apparently do not answer email requests for information. Customer Service is answered by Hal Leonard Corportation, who is the distributor for Cherry Lane and they told me Cherry Lane was late in supplying the product (duh).

kwsjb1238 looks like you've still got a job! (Nice work on Takin' the Hit by the way)

Nothin' but the Blues

lvbluesboy wrote:

I received the "shipment is delayed" message also. Perhaps Cherry Lane was caught off guard by actually receiving orders for the book? smile

I sure wish someone (Joe???) would be kind enough to elaborate on the complete song listing. I have not be able to find out anything else from Cherry Lane. They apparently do not answer email requests for information. Customer Service is answered by Hal Leonard Corportation, who is the distributor for Cherry Lane and they told me Cherry Lane was late in supplying the product (duh).

kwsjb1238 looks like you've still got a job! (Nice work on Takin' the Hit by the way)

Thanks...

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Man is that tempting!! I want to order it but I dont want to cheat ya know? By that I mean look at Joe or SRV or any great player. They figure them out by ear and always end up better players. I know when I read out of a tab book I tend to forget the tune after a few days or so.
i think i will try to figure some out first and thn compare my learning to the book later. Damn it is tempting though. Ugh! sad

Yeah I know what you mean. Lately I have realised that learning the play songs by ear is how all my heroes learnt to play. I don't think there is anything wrong with getting the tab book though because it doesn't have all of Joe's songs, you can learn the ones in the book and learn the others by ear from the CD. I think its helpful to pick a few things out of tabs for artists you aren't as familiar with because you can get an idea of how they play and then it makes figuring out all their other stuff alot easier.

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

I envy you guys, I have lots of great blues stuff that I would love to figure out myself
that is not popular enough to be tabbed.

some of you have the ear for it....then there are people like me
I play quite a bit...but I can't even tune the guitar without a tuner

I marvel at the players at the guitar store that walk in...hit some harmonic
or two...tweak a couple of strings...and presto, perfect...God Bless you

and more important, God bless the guy that made electronic tuners so
guys like me can play in tune

so....where's my tab book :-)

Mine doesn't say shipment delayed...mine says shipping estimate 11/1 thru 11/8 and delivery estimate 11/6 thru 11/15.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

26 (edited by lvbluesboy 2006-11-19 12:54:01)

Hi All,

I just received an order update from Amazon asking for approval on the newest delay on Joe's book. Now they are showing shipment from between December 18th and January 2nd. I approved the delay, but I am wondering what is causing it. I also never received any kind of reply from Cherry Lane after repeated emails for information. Now I am starting to wonder if it is real.

How about it Joe? Is this book real or not?

Nothin' but the Blues

lvbluesboy wrote:

Hi All,

I just received an order update from Amazon asking for approval on the newest delay on Joe's book. Now they are showing shipment from between December 18th and January 2nd. I approved the delay, but I am wondering what is causing it. I also never received any kind of reply from Cherry Lane after repeated emails for information. Now I am starting to wonder if it is real.

How about it Joe? Is this book real or not?

My guess is that if it's on Amazon- it's probably real...

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

I noticed they dropped the price, but my order price didnt go down, so I canceled the order and reordered at the lower price. It sent my ship date into dec.

I think the reason its delayed is its not done yet. I have seen amazon do this before for novels.

Joe is here in Green Bay for 3-4 night in a couple weeks. I'll let you know if he has it in his gear for sale at the show.

-tihmay

Yep, do it the right way, the hard way....by ear. You'll be all the better for taking the time.

sweeps wrote:

Man is that tempting!! I want to order it but I dont want to cheat ya know? By that I mean look at Joe or SRV or any great player. They figure them out by ear and always end up better players. I know when I read out of a tab book I tend to forget the tune after a few days or so.
i think i will try to figure some out first and thn compare my learning to the book later. Damn it is tempting though. Ugh! sad

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Cheater or not, I'll take the book.  Ya know, those Hal Leonard SRV books got me goin too.
I ordered book few months back from amazon. 

For what it's worth:  I called Cherry Lane this morn, talked to Gabby; didn't give me the run around.  She said it's coming along; said they have to get artwork together; show it to Joe; and then take a month to print.   She said should be done by late January.   

Anyone got anything on "Long Distance Blues" off blues deluxe?

Hi out there!
After reading this I went to Amazon and ordered this thing and....yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I'm amazed! Thanxxxx

European Cursor!

So has anyone received it yet? Sounds like a great tabbook to me smile
So far I've been learning Had to cry today from a pretty acurate powertab transcription i've found :http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/j … er_tab.htm

We have just one world, but we live in different ones.

hi,

the book tab is coming out ?

I WANT BLUES DELUXE !!!!!!!!!!!!

thank

bye

just-a-french wrote:

hi,

the book tab is coming out ?

I WANT BLUES DELUXE !!!!!!!!!!!!

thank

bye

I-IV-V blues in C ...the intro is pretty easy....do the rest for yourself...that's what JB did...his version is way better than the Beck/Stewart original...sorry Jeff Beck fans

Hi All,

I received an update email from Amazon today. In keeping with one of the above posts concerning Cherry Lane it appears that the information was probably accurate. Expected ship date has been changed to early February. Sounds about right.

My mother has always said that patience is a virtue, but sometimes...........................................

Anyway, it would make the waiting a little easier if we had the complete song list.

How about it Joe? Any help here? (I do realize you may be under some sort of non-disclosure agreement, but that would only make sense if there are issues with the content).

Nothin' but the Blues

I am looking foward to that....   some of his tunes are just so far out and fast you need some tab to get each note.

Anyway, I have a pretty good hear for things so I think I am gonna try and tab out Blues Deluxe myself and see how that goes.

-PB