Topic: Arc Angels: where's Tommy?

I am excited for the reunion tour and new cd/dvd of the Arc Angels, but on their new myspace page I noticed Tommy Shannon was no longer part of the tour or band.  Anybody know why this is?  I heard health problems...any truth to that?

Re: Arc Angels: where's Tommy?

Last I had heard, Tommy has been having some health problems.

For years he and Chris Layton (double trouble) had been Kenny Wayne Shepherd's live rhythm section. But the last couple times he has come to town, Tommy has not been present either. Now that AA is back together I wonder who KWS will have for a drummer now. I don't even know who he had to replace Tommy - I didn't recognize the guy.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Seems odd that he is playing gigs, but not with the Angels...i really wonder who they will have replace him.  Kind of a bummer.  That said, I just saw that they are playing at Irving Plaza in NYC in May...I almost peed myself.  Can't wait to go!

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

such a shame.  Nobody holds down that Texas pocket like Tommy and Chris.

It is a shame that Tommy's not going to be with them? Maybe he just doesn't want to commit to a huge touring schedule right now. Yeah, he's playing dates here and there, but not a full scale tour. Maybe he'll record with them, and then they'll just get somebody for the tour. But I am so glad to see the Doyle, Charlie, and Whipper back together anyways. Doyle and Charlie had a chemistry together that couldn't be beat. Doyle had the funky soul thing going on and Charlie had the rocking blues shouter thing going on. It was great. I can't wait to see these guys again!!! These guys would've been my favorite group hands down if they would've released more material.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

When I saw the ARC Angels in Houston a little over a year ago, I couldn't help but notice that Tommy looked really old and shuffled very slowly on and off the stage.  But, he still played great like always - very surprised to hear that they would tour without him.  (They have been playing Austin, Dallas, and Houston fairly regularly over the past few years.)
KV

Tommy's health has been an issue for a few years. I'm sure the touring schedule with the Arc Angels was more than he could handle.