Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

As for the nametags, I think mine should just read TieDyeVikki

Got ya covered Vikki.

Awestruck

Eva´s Dad wrote:

I hope the car we´ve rent has got a radio.
Günter

Günter all the rentals have radios. Make sure the one you rent has a MP3 auxilliary jack. I just know either Eva or you has an IPod loaded up with Joe! Saves you from lugging 100 CDs along!

Have a safe flight! See you in 12 days!

Major Tom to ground control...

Sick! - I didn't know so many people we're showing up to this one.  Sorry I live in the gear section lol.  Pretty stoked for meeting some people from the forum.  Putting names to faces finally lol....  See everyone soon.

Ben

Jane H. wrote:

Cool Ben, are you back in MD or are you travelling in?

also I would expect Mr. Darrell, and what about Chris(Marc)? maybe Fretman Dan? Jeff Murphy, Richard B., Jim Hamilton. and others I usually see but not thinking of at this moment. I'll have to find out about these guys if possible.

My dad (fuzzy) and I are comming in from NY.  Should be a good party.

Ben

Does Joe himself have a nickname?  Maybe he needs a tag!!

Awestruck

I just told MsTia that I was spending the weekend at Cathy the witch's house.  She just looked at me out of one eye and said, "Oh?  and Who is that?" so sweetly...

lol

MuchTrust
FDOLove

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:

I just told MsTia that I was spending the weekend at Cathy the witch's house.  She just looked at me out of one eye and said, "Oh?  and Who is that?" so sweetly...

lol

MuchTrust
FDOLove

Funny BJJ, I've seen that same look. But of course, not from Ms. Tia. wink

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Amsterhammer wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:

Headcount! big_smile

Cathy
Jane
Eva
Vik + 2
George
Gunter
Tom
BJJ
Spider
Susan
Ken
Eric (JBSRV)
CarlJ
Bob (Taurus52)
Srxman
Quarryman (Darren)
LisaG
TxBluesFan + 2
Sandy and crew (how many is that?)
Larry G
Rocket
Woofy
Vortex1
Melissa
Dean
Nico
Amelia
Fuzzy wuzzy (Jack)
Got Mule (Ben)
Crisbie
Marty and Dave (two friends of Cathy's who are visiting with me right now will be there too!)

Please don't be offended if I missed you off, just add your names. I make that 22 so far. I think we can do better than that. Where's Bmore and the DC mob?

edit - thanks Jane, names added, so that's at least 34 tongue

edit 3 - y'all better sort out your own badges, we ain't got no Wooders this time. wink

Weird how I don't recall saying I was actually coming I ended up on the list.  I had only told someone it was "tempting".
I will be coming with butterfly3943 (Marci, my ex)  maybe Jeff (stepson) and possibly a special guest.
Rock On & Keep the Festive Faith, Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Jane H. wrote:

smile I saw a car decal today that said Witches have good spelling. smile
ETA BJJ? Friday?

at the fest, they told Cathy we could set up a canopy type thing against the woods out of the way for shade

Look for Bart!

Love that!  If I get around Baldemer at the time I want I hope to be there before 5 P...badly in need of shower and one gallon of some high quality H2O. wink

MuchLove
BJJ FDOL

Hugs all around!

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Rocket wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:

Headcount! big_smile

Cathy
Jane
Eva
Vik + 2
George
Gunter
Tom
BJJ
Spider
Susan
Ken
Eric (JBSRV)
CarlJ
Bob (Taurus52)
Srxman
Quarryman (Darren)
LisaG
TxBluesFan + 2
Sandy and crew (how many is that?)
Larry G
Rocket
Woofy
Vortex1
Melissa
Dean
Nico
Amelia
Fuzzy wuzzy (Jack)
Got Mule (Ben)
Crisbie
Marty and Dave (two friends of Cathy's who are visiting with me right now will be there too!)

Please don't be offended if I missed you off, just add your names. I make that 22 so far. I think we can do better than that. Where's Bmore and the DC mob?

edit - thanks Jane, names added, so that's at least 34 tongue

edit 3 - y'all better sort out your own badges, we ain't got no Wooders this time. wink

Weird how I don't recall saying I was actually coming I ended up on the list.  I had only told someone it was "tempting".
I will be coming with butterfly3943 (Marci, my ex)  maybe Jeff (stepson) and possibly a special guest.
Rock On & Keep the Festive Faith, Rocket

COOL!

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Jane H. wrote:

Rocket I think maybe I said you would be there or that I expected maybe you would be. Good news.
Got the name tags from Woofy. if you want one make sure you let him know. I'll get there before him so thats why he sent the ones already complete to me and he'll bring ones made later. Woofy maybe bring a couple blanks? These are really awesome looking and all laminated thanks so much.

Its gonna be the hottest of the year today and so far the forecast has 30% chance of storms in the afternoon each day but its really hit or miss with that. looked pretty ominous a few times yesterday but never lightninged or rained. they have a high of 85 for Saturday not too bad but these forecasts change by the minute sometimes. yesterday was pretty bad heat and humidity wise but eneough clouds it wasn't as bad as with full sun.

Nice to see they got to you ok.  I'll be on the lookout for any additions and I'll see if I can come up with a blank that will work.  I could put a piece of white tape and we can write in names.

Awestruck

156 (edited by Rocket 2009-08-10 21:54:20)

Jane H. wrote:

Its gonna be the hottest of the year today and so far the forecast has 30% chance of storms in the afternoon each day but its really hit or miss with that. looked pretty ominous a few times yesterday but never lightninged or rained. they have a high of 85 for Saturday not too bad but these forecasts change by the minute sometimes. yesterday was pretty bad heat and humidity wise but eneough clouds it wasn't as bad as with full sun.

...Well Jane, we had the scorching weather everyone east is "enjoying" right now, but the good news is we have a cooling trend right now, the other side of the coin is I still predict some rain as a low pressure area has moved in here.  May get us wet, shine or rain, but won't dampen our spirits!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Woofy, better bring a few extra tags; got a couple of "maybes" in my posse.

A/h checking in from Indy, where it is also seriously hot today, though probably a touch less than in Maryland. Cathy told me that I'm missing the hottest day of the year so far. cool

A check on Weatherunderground suggests that it'll 'only' be mid-80's next weekend with a chance of some rain. If you get wet in this heat you're dry again in no time, so no probs there. wink

Delighted to hear that you're coming, Rocket! I wonder who Tom's extra 'maybes' might be?

*wiggles eyebrows suggestively* big_smile

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Amsterhammer wrote:

A/h checking in from Indy, where it is also seriously hot today, though probably a touch less than in Maryland. Cathy told me that I'm missing the hottest day of the year so far. cool

A check on Weatherunderground suggests that it'll 'only' be mid-80's next weekend with a chance of some rain. If you get wet in this heat you're dry again in no time, so no probs there. wink

Delighted to hear that you're coming, Rocket! I wonder who Tom's extra 'maybes' might be?

*wiggles eyebrows suggestively* big_smile

George, weather.com says 86F and partly cloudy for Saturday.
Check your FB mail for a hint wink

Wow!! How time flies!! I am happy to suffer today and tomorrow for less heat and humidity this Sat. Thanks for all the info Jane. We may still want to find out if there are any bars closer to the Hotels. I think the afterparty is going to be packed! PLEASE heed the designated driver warning..If anyone finds themselves unable to drive..we'll get you home. Don't forget your sunscreen!   Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Wow!! How time flies!! I am happy to suffer today and tomorrow for less heat and humidity this Sat. Thanks for all the info Jane. We may still want to find out if there are any bars closer to the Hotels. I think the afterparty is going to be packed! PLEASE heed the designated driver warning..If anyone finds themselves unable to drive..we'll get you home. Don't forget your sunscreen!   Cathy

When does the after-after party begin at Casa Cathy? tongue
I packed a coffee maker to help increase the caffeine throughput on Sunday morning.

My family went to the Riverfront Blues Fest in Wilmington Del. this past weekend. Wore my Joe shirts the entire 3 days. Countless fans in attendence were poking me in the back all weekend  - nice to see as many notice. They were also handing out flyers for the Joe Show this weekend which made sense as it is not that far from Wilmington.
By the way - anyone looking for a quality "smalltown" festival - ck our Wilmington next year. Charlie Musselwhite and Walter Trout were killers!

Onto Hampton Beach for Joe and a summer sizzler...

Rob from CT