Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

If anyone has a cool hi res pic of Joe I can jazz it up a bit.  Actually for something as small as a nametag it can be lower res

Awestruck

I ain't wearing one unless it says
Jumpin Jupiter Jarvis Sweet Baby Mama Jenkins JANE and Sorrow Safety Mumbler Mandilishi Bad Bonametal Penny TAYLOR Witchy Whiskey Woman Wae Sah Shooting Star Nutball HALL

Looks like a narrow font is in order!

Awestruck

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how early should we show up to the festival on Saturday? I would love to get front row and see all of you.

I can't wait for this!!!!!!!

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

If anyone is still looking for hotel, I just added Friday night to my stay at Crowne Plaza for $40 on Priceline.  Make sure you name your own price and select 2 1/2 *.   

I heard Joe is stopping by the Crowne Plaza lounge after the fest for a quick set. wink

Doug

Doug

woofy777 wrote:

I ain't wearing one unless it says
Jumpin Jupiter Jarvis Sweet Baby Mama Jenkins JANE and Sorrow Safety Mumbler Mandilishi Bad Bonametal Penny TAYLOR Witchy Whiskey Woman Wae Sah Shooting Star Nutball HALL

Looks like a narrow font is in order!

Nice bit of understatement there, woofy. big_smile

I'd really like to see that on a badge!

T minus 13 hours and counting......I'm all packed and wishing I could call up a transporter beam instead of eight hours in a plane. Seems only right that I'm the first one to set out, since I've got the longest trip to make.

Adios amigos, see y'all in two weeks.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

I still have my RAH badge. That would be a novelty.

Major Tom to ground control...

Badges?  I don't need no steenking badge...

cool

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Ok I've come up with a nametag.  I've titled them 2009 Hot August Blues Bonabuddies Reunion with a choice pic of Joe and your name on the right.  Add your name to the bottom and I'll get you a tag.  Amsterhammer I figure you'll be able to think around Monday so hit me up with whomever else you can think of.  Anybody have any suggestions feel free to tweak me.  I'll use either first names or avatars or both.

Awestruck

Rocket, Jane and Woofy777, I sent you all an off forum note regarding the festival:(  Talk to you later, Larry G

I arrived safely with a typical introduction to US climate. When I got out of Philly airport it was a stifling 92 - then a serious thunderstorm burst over our heads, after which it dropped to 72 and felt marvelous.

Time to collapse at last. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

137 (edited by woofy777 2009-08-01 21:00:07)

Welcome George to what we call summer on the East Coast.  Not as bad as MS, AL or TX but quite hot & humid!  Oh I forgot you did show up for the Birchmere when it was a crisp 95 with 95% humidity!  I hope you brought some Amsterdam weather for next Saturday!  I've made the first batch of tags and I pm'd a few who are bringing guests.  BJJ is wearing his badge for at least a picture!

Awestruck

woofy777 wrote:

Welcome George to what we call summer on the East Coast.  Not as bad as MS, AL or TX but quite hot & humid!  Oh I forgot you did show up for the Birchmere when it was a crisp 95 with 95% humidity!  I hope you brought some Amsterdam weather for next Saturday!  I've made the first batch of tags and I pm'd a few who are bringing guests.  BJJ is wearing his badge for at least a picture!

Oh alright...jeesh! lol

nah if you go to the trouble, I'll damn sure wear it...

muchrespect
bjj fdol

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

I just want to wish everyone a brilliant time....which I'm sure it will be.
I want to see lots of pics and maybe some videos too smile

Have fun.............Tripsy smile

Dean Rosenthal has been added to the lineup. He will play a short set between Joe Bonamassa and The Derek Trucks Band to the right of the stage.

Hope that dosen't cut into Joes set!!

Doug

If anyone has two tickets they want to get rid of, let me know.  I should have bought them presale for $20.  Now they are up to $35!!

Thanks

Doug

Doug

Well I was afraid I might end up having to get rid of 2 tickets (would've been at the $20 rate too), but my son and his girlfriend have now confirmed that they both managed to get off work that day, yay. smile

As for the nametags, I think mine should just read TieDyeVikki... and spelled like that!  Only reason I mention it is because people (and this is everybody, everywhere) seem to like to spell Vikki all kinds of different ways other than the correct way that's right in front of them!  Not to mention all the spelling variations of "tiedye". roll tongue

My son's name is Tim and his girlfriend is Bridget.  Not sure what reference to put on their badges... maybe "(with TieDyeVikki)"?  Or maybe they don't even need badges... I'm sure they wouldn't mind if they didn't have them, lol.

--Vik cool

I hope the car we´ve rent has got a radio.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

144 (edited by srxman2001 2009-08-03 22:30:19)

Listening to Old Man Brown for the first time and I like what Im hearing!!!

Doug