Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

Jane H. wrote:

Tom, I was at Shawan Liquors the other day and noticed they have this big empty bottle of Ardberg in their collection of stuff near the check out.
This is very close to the fest FYI
http://www.shawanliquors.com/

although for everyday stuff (smaller selection) I buy at my 'home' store
http://www.huntvalley.com/sherwood-hill-liquor.php just a block or so away from the above

I was reading up on the old distillery that used to be in Cockeysville
http://www.ellenjaye.com/shrwd_sherwood.htm

and found something funny
"The town of Cockeysville lies about seventeen miles north of Baltimore on the road that goes to York, Pennsylvania. People from outside of the area are more likely to know it as Hunt Valley, but that name was invented out of nowhere by real estate speculators in the 1960s. "
I always wondered how that Hunt Valley name came about, lol. being involved in some community groups I have also learned alot about stuff (politics, planning)that never should have happened in the 60s which had led to some real development and traffic disasters IMO....

Jane, that huge Ardbeg bottle was probably the "Mor". 4.5 liters? Never had that one. The first limited edition bottling was sold only through the distillery and they wil not ship to the states so I missed out on it (and even if they did, US Customs would have had a hissy with a non-standard 4.5 liter bottle!

George - forget to mention Fuzzy Wuzzy (Jack) and Got Mule (Ben) will be at HAB as well.

Major Tom to ground control...

Jane - is that liquor store in a plaza next to a grocery store (Grand Union or Shop-Rite)? If so I've been in there. I've lost count of how many liquor stores I've been in over the last 20 years. Maybe more than the number of guitar shops that Joe has been in! big_smile

Major Tom to ground control...

All those who aren't going to Cathy's are welcome to join me and the hotel bar at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.  Possible room party in the works?

Awestruck

I can't wait! Might make a whole weekend out of it with a camping trip or something.

cathysiler wrote:

Carl...Are you staying over night in the area? I'm exchanging mail with Jane..should we all try to get together after the show, Sunday afternoon, or option C ??? I don't have answers, but I'm open to all suggestions. I can assure you that there will be jams at my house. You know you are welcome here. Jimmy's got gear. No drums though.

Any questions, ideas, etc., feel free to e-mail me    Cathy

Cathy:  Exchanged email with Jane about doing a brunch thing on Sunday....my considered preference would be after the festival if it's not too late for everyone as going home and coming back to the same area adds about 150 miles to my weekend driving....but would probably do it anyway to meet/socialize with the Bonabuddies.   I could probably bring a small drum kit and a PA if there's space and interest.

Jeff:  I am personally in posession of a POS Washburn 4-string bass which would probably work, though it hasn't been restrung since the Civil War, it still stays pretty well-tuned.  I could probably lay my hands on something better so you could ride the bike and still jam.

Whatever happens, it's gonna be fun!

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Amsterhammer wrote:

Headcount! big_smile

Cathy
Jane
Eva
Vik + 2
George
Gunter
Tom
BJJ
Spider
Susan
Ken
Eric (JBSRV)
CarlJ
Bob (Taurus52)
Srxman
Quarryman (Darren)
LisaG
TxBluesFan + 2
Sandy and crew (how many is that?)
Larry G
Rocket
Woofy
Vortex1
Melissa
Dean
Nico
Amelia
Fuzzy wuzzy (Jack)
Got Mule (Ben)
Crisbie
Marty and Dave (two friends of Cathy's who are visiting with me right now will be there too!)

Please don't be offended if I missed you off, just add your names. I make that 22 so far. I think we can do better than that. Where's Bmore and the DC mob?

edit - thanks Jane, names added, so that's at least 34 tongue

edit 3 - y'all better sort out your own badges, we ain't got no Wooders this time. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

woofy777 wrote:

Whoops that would be srxman2001.  Sorry Vicki.  Probably associated your ability to get cheap rooms.

Funny thing is, I AM a bargain hunter by nature, and I DO often report on deals on various forums (on The Machine's forum I sometimes call myself "resident bargain hunter", lol), so it DID sound like something I might do, but I had no memory of that one!  tongue

--Vik cool

So is NOBODY planning on the Bonnie Raitt/Taj Mahal show the next day then?  Did ANYBODY get tickets while the getting was good?  Anyone have ONE extra?  I really do want to see Bonnie again, and if I'm not going to make this show, my other two options are Williamsport PA on 8/6 (cheapest tickets $50), or the Mann Center in Philly on 8/8 (cheapest tickets $25)... neither one is sold out yet, and both are about 2 hours from me (a little closer than Wolf Trap actually), but I probably wouldn't have anyone to go with or meet up with there... or would I? wink

Sorry this kinda doesn't belong in this thread, but it kinda does too, lol... roll tongue

--Vik cool

117 (edited by bigjeffjones 2009-07-29 05:49:13)

CarljMD wrote:
cathysiler wrote:

Carl...Are you staying over night in the area? I'm exchanging mail with Jane..should we all try to get together after the show, Sunday afternoon, or option C ??? I don't have answers, but I'm open to all suggestions. I can assure you that there will be jams at my house. You know you are welcome here. Jimmy's got gear. No drums though.

Any questions, ideas, etc., feel free to e-mail me    Cathy

Cathy:  Exchanged email with Jane about doing a brunch thing on Sunday....my considered preference would be after the festival if it's not too late for everyone as going home and coming back to the same area adds about 150 miles to my weekend driving....but would probably do it anyway to meet/socialize with the Bonabuddies.   I could probably bring a small drum kit and a PA if there's space and interest.

Jeff:  I am personally in posession of a POS Washburn 4-string bass which would probably work, though it hasn't been restrung since the Civil War, it still stays pretty well-tuned.  I could probably lay my hands on something better so you could ride the bike and still jam.

Whatever happens, it's gonna be fun!

CarljMD

My daughter's bass is a Washburn and Cathy has 1-2 around...LET's DO It!

Much Jam
BJJ

EDITZ: BTW funk be coming off greasy bass strings.  We'll eat fried food with our fingers...

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

samjp4 wrote:

Sandy is bringing herself and a crew of three (Becky, Steve and Aimee).  We're bringing our tents/air mattresses - what else do we need to bring?  Cathy - how far are you from the Baltimore airport?  My brother has to work Friday and we have to pick him up Friday night.

I am getting so excited about this!  A great reunion and more Bonabuddies to reune with in the future.

I am pretty sure JBRules is coming, but believe he already has a hotel.

Counting the days!

Sandy

Yes I'll be there with 3 plus the little one  smile .. Staying at the Ramada
                                                                         Paul/ JBrules

woofy777 wrote:

All those who aren't going to Cathy's are welcome to join me and the hotel bar at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.  Possible room party in the works?

Ken and I are also staying at the Crowne Plaza.  We will be there Friday and Saturday night, then heading out early Sunday morning.  So, if there's a Sunday jam, it looks like we're gonna miss it. sad  Anyway, name a time and we'll join you at the hotel bar.  Just wear one of your Joe shirts so we know who you are. cool

See you in Maryland  big_smile

Susan smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Jane H. wrote:

Can Cathy's editor please fix the thread title? maybe add Old Man Brown but get rid of bds at least please?? tongue

If Cathy's editor could fix topic titles he would have fixed his own when he posted the wrong date for the Amsterdam show. sad
Sorry Jane, only mods can edit titles.

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:

Headcount! big_smile

Cathy
Jane
Eva
Vik + 2
George
Gunter
Tom
BJJ
Spider
Susan
Ken
Eric (JBSRV)
CarlJ
Bob (Taurus52)
Srxman
Quarryman (Darren)
LisaG
TxBluesFan + 2
Sandy and crew (how many is that?)
Larry G
Rocket
Woofy
Vortex1
Melissa
Dean
Nico
Amelia
Fuzzy wuzzy (Jack)
Got Mule (Ben)
Crisbie
Marty and Dave (two friends of Cathy's who are visiting with me right now will be there too!)
JBrules (Paul) + 3 1/2
Bmore Bonamaniac

Please don't be offended if I missed you off, just add your names. I make that 22 so far. I think we can do better than that. Where's Bmore and the DC mob?

edit - thanks Jane, names added, so that's at least 39 tongue

edit 3 - y'all better sort out your own badges, we ain't got no Wooders this time. wink

edit 4 - this one just keeps growin'.......... big_smile

RIP Iron Man

I may not have bed space, but camping in my yard is fine. Crisbie, you are more than welcome. If the weather turns bad, I've got plenty of floor space and even room at my neighbor's house. Just e-mail me! 

As for gatherings..Sounds like we need to find a bar nearby for after the show. I imagine there will be some jamming here Friday night..all are welcomed. I do hope we can get together Sunday before everybody leaves....(my brain hurts)...maybe at Jane's as she's closer to the hotels. Again, I remain open to suggestions, ideas, etc.  Carl..come to my house Friday night if you'd like and stay..we'll find a corner for you!    Cathy

Jane H. wrote:

I can edit thread titles of threads i started by clicking edit of the initial post when i am logged in i think

*wipes huge amounts of egg off face*

Well Jane, it's gotta be like this - you never used to be able to edit topic titles, and since I haven't tried to do so in ages I just assumed that was still the case. I think this must be a change since the forum was upgraded. In any event, title now edited accordingly. wink

RIP Iron Man

susan wrote:
woofy777 wrote:

Ken and I are also staying at the Crowne Plaza.  We will be there Friday and Saturday night, then heading out early Sunday morning.  So, if there's a Sunday jam, it looks like we're gonna miss it. sad  Anyway, name a time and we'll join you at the hotel bar.  Just wear one of your Joe shirts so we know who you are. cool

See you in Maryland  big_smile

Susan smile

Hey maybe Friday night!  Ken can play!

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

I work in a graphics shop and would be willing and quite able to make nametags for all.  Should we do both real first names and avatars?

Awestruck

woofy777 wrote:

I work in a graphics shop and would be willing and quite able to make nametags for all.  Should we do both real first names and avatars?

Woofy, our very own Wooders! big_smile

Yes please! Maybe forum names first, then real names (where known). I'd already dug up my RAH badge to take, I'll bring it anyway.

For simplicity's sake, it's probably not necessary to go to the extremes of e.g. 'Cathysiler/Cathy' or 'Jane H/Jane', know what I mean?  wink

T minus 20 hours and counting for me...............>>> cool

RIP Iron Man