91 (edited by Amsterhammer 2009-07-27 21:29:05)

Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

Headcount! big_smile

Cathy
Jane
Eva
Vik + 2
George
Gunter
Tom
BJJ
Spider
Susan
Ken
Eric (JBSRV)
CarlJ
Bob (Taurus52)
Srxman
Quarryman (Darren)
LisaG
TxBluesFan + 2
Sandy and crew (how many is that?)
Larry G
Rocket
Woofy
Vortex1
Melissa
Dean
Nico
Amelia

Please don't be offended if I missed you off, just add your names. I make that 22 so far. I think we can do better than that. Where's Bmore and the DC mob?

edit - thanks Jane, names added, so that's at least 29 tongue

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

You can add:
Melissa
Dean
Nico
Amelia???

Take care-

Dean

Amsterhammer wrote:

Headcount! big_smile

Cathy
Jane
Eva
Vik + 2
George
Gunter
Tom
BJJ
Spider
Susan
Ken
Eric (JBSRV)
CarlJ
Bob (Taurus52)
Srxman
Quarryman (Darren)
LisaG
TxBluesFan + 2
Larry G
Rocket
Woofy
Vortex1

Please don't be offended if I missed you off, just add you names. I make that 22 so far. I think we can do better than that. Where's Bmore and the DC mob?

edit - thanks Jane, names added, so that's at least 29 tongue

Dean wrote:

You can add:
Melissa
Dean
Nico
Amelia???

Take care-

Dean

OMG - *smacks self smartly on forehead* - how could I have forgotten you? *hangs head in shame* sad

Sorry, main list now amended.

RIP Iron Man

I'm in and staying at the Crowne Plaza.  Kudos to Tye Dye Vicki for hooking me up to such a cheap hotel room!

Awestruck

woofy777 wrote:

I'm in and staying at the Crowne Plaza.  Kudos to Tye Dye Vicki for hooking me up to such a cheap hotel room!

I did???  hmm

--Vik cool

George, I'm pretty sure that Dick and Dana (from KC) are coming.

Major Tom to ground control...

Make that D_i_c_k and Dana

Major Tom to ground control...

Yeah, it's funny, I read the post and was thinking "huh?", and then I got the email notification of the new post and it came through ok on there and I'm like "ah", lol.  Reminds me of when somebody (Carl?) mentioned Albert Cummings in chat once, and it edited his last name, lol. roll lol

--Vik cool

RICjunkie wrote:

George, I'm pretty sure that Dick and Dana (from KC) are coming.

Oh, Richard! big_smile

They don't post, do they? I can get hold of him on FB. wink

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:

Headcount! big_smile

Cathy
Jane
Eva
Vik + 2
George
Gunter
Tom
BJJ
Spider
Susan
Ken
Eric (JBSRV)
CarlJ
Bob (Taurus52)
Srxman
Quarryman (Darren)
LisaG
TxBluesFan + 2
Larry G
Rocket
Woofy
Vortex1
Melissa
Dean
Nico
Amelia
Woofy
Richard wink and Dana

We've topped the 30 now. This is gonna turn into a major logistical operation. We'll need a command center, a communications network, a quartermaster department, a mobile field hospital........ big_smile

RIP Iron Man

101 (edited by cathysiler 2009-07-28 01:33:54)

George...I'm shocked..You didn't add Big Jeff to the list and he's driving his Harley all the way from Florida for this!!! Blues from the Bottom is heading north!!! Like Jane said, the heat and humidity have returned...lot's of thunderstorms in the coming week. Fingers are crossed that the weather returns to the abnormal cool/dry it's been this summer.    Cathy

Nevermind...as G just pointed out to me on the phone..BJJ is indeed counted...my bad...C

cathysiler wrote:

George...I'm shocked..You didn't add Big Jeff to the list and he's driving his Harley all the way from Florida for this!!! Blues from the Bottom is heading north!!! Like Jane said, the heat and humidity have returned...lot's of thunderstorms in the coming week. Fingers are crossed that the weather returns to the abnormal cool/dry it's been this summer.    Cathy

Cathy:  I know the logistics you're already dealing with are probably significant, but I think it would be REALLY cool if we could somehow put together a low-key jam....if NBT isn't busy, maybe they could be the "house" band....or I could probably scare up a smallish PA and a drummer...maybe.  I think it could be a lot of fun.  I would be happy to do more legwork if you're interested but it's too much for you to do....just a thought.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Sandy is bringing herself and a crew of three (Becky, Steve and Aimee).  We're bringing our tents/air mattresses - what else do we need to bring?  Cathy - how far are you from the Baltimore airport?  My brother has to work Friday and we have to pick him up Friday night.

I am getting so excited about this!  A great reunion and more Bonabuddies to reune with in the future.

I am pretty sure JBRules is coming, but believe he already has a hotel.

Counting the days!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

It hasn't been mentioned for a while now, but is anybody still planning on the Bonnie Raitt/Taj Mahal show the next night at Wolf Trap in Vienne VA?  And if so, had anyone bought their tickets yet?  (And if so, does anyone have 1 extra?)  Some time ago there were only lawn tickets left... I just now checked again and it appears to be completely sold out now... damn. sad  Must've happened recently, because the Bonnie/Taj site doesn't list it as sold out yet.  Wolf Trap's box office is already closed for the day, but I'll call tomorrow and double-check things.

If this is actually the case, my chances of making Joe's show at Penn's Peak on Fri the 14th just increased slightly.

--Vik cool

What about Libby?  I thought she said she was making the trip from out west?

Doug

Carl...Are you staying over night in the area? I'm exchanging mail with Jane..should we all try to get together after the show, Sunday afternoon, or option C ??? I don't have answers, but I'm open to all suggestions. I can assure you that there will be jams at my house. You know you are welcome here. Jimmy's got gear. No drums though.

Sandy...maybe 40 miles, but traffic will be thick on Friday. I don't think you need anything else..you'll only be using them for sleep. I have a fire pit, but we won't need that!

Vik...sadly, I waited too long to order and it is sold out (I called). Gunter and Eva are going to spank me for that.

Any questions, ideas, etc., feel free to e-mail me    Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Nevermind...as G just pointed out to me on the phone..BJJ is indeed counted...my bad...C

I may bring car now...living to jam...ooh decisions...is there a bass up there anywhere?

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Whoops that would be srxman2001.  Sorry Vicki.  Probably associated your ability to get cheap rooms.

Awestruck