Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

I just created an event for this on Facebook. Please send it around.

On another note, I see they filled the last spot with "Chopteeth". I'm not familiar with them.

Hopefully we will Get Ryan McGarvey to the east coast sooner rather than later. Until then Ryan...

Major Tom to ground control...

RICjunkie wrote:

On another note, I see they filled the last spot with "Chopteeth". I'm not familiar with them.

Hopefully we will Get Ryan McGarvey to the east coast sooner rather than later. Until then Ryan...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=7 … amp;ref=nf
OOPS!

RICjunkie wrote:
RICjunkie wrote:

OOPS!

I heard that and I don't know them..but..there is a new campaign to get Ryan to open for Davy at the Birchmere the night before HAB...I don't know that I'll be up for the trip because of it's date, but thought I'd fill you in on the latest news. Cathy

cathysiler wrote:
RICjunkie wrote:
RICjunkie wrote:

OOPS!

I heard that and I don't know them..but..there is a new campaign to get Ryan to open for Davy at the Birchmere the night before HAB...I don't know that I'll be up for the trip because of it's date, but thought I'd fill you in on the latest news. Cathy

I hope that does happen. I probably won't make that either with my work schedule.  Friday evenings are tough. But it would be cool if Ryan and his band could hang out with us at HAB!

Good initiative, Tom. I'll try and figure out how to get it on my wall even though I can't confirm 100% yet. But I'm there for 99%!

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Plane tickets bought and early bird tickets bought.  Hotel reservations made.  This should be a great one.  Bringing family down from Pennsylvania for their first Joe B Experience.   The night before Joe is playing in Jim Thorpe, PA, at Penns Peak, which I'm told is a very pretty place to see a show.  I'm debating if I can make that show as well as HAB the next day (and then fly back to California the following day).

My son and his girlfriend will be coming down with me for this now too.  All tix bought during the early, early bird discount, yay.  I'm really looking forward to this whole fest, and to meeting all you forumers. smile

As for Penn's Peak the night before... I'm debating that show myself.  I really shouldn't, as it's a 2-hour drive and I don't want to be tired for the fest the next day, plus his setlists don't change up much, plus I just saw him in Hagerstown, and I really can't afford all these tickets, lol.  On the other hand, I don't know if I can pass up a Penn's Peak show because it's such an awesome venue (especially in the summertime because you can dine out on the terrace overlooking the valley), plus his set at the fest might be shorter than normal (anyone have any insight here?), plus a friend of mine up there will likely be there.  Now if they would end up adding a Harrisburg show too, that might keep me away from Penn's Peak, I don't know.  So that one is wait & see for me right now.

--Vik cool

RICjunkie wrote:

Davey is playing at the Birchmere the night before HAB,i e-mailed the Birchmere and they said it was up to Davey's mangt. for the opening act. I e-mailed Davey to suggest that he get Ryan to play the Birchmere with him. Everybody should e-mail Davey and maybe this will happen.

This thread had slipped way down to like page 5 or 6, so I'm bumping it for Dragonfire1, and anyone else who may be interested. smile

--Vik cool

TieDyeVikki wrote:

This thread had slipped way down to like page 5 or 6, so I'm bumping it for Dragonfire1, and anyone else who may be interested. smile
Thanks Vicky
--Vik cool

just updating this thread here,
Davy Knowles isn't gonna be there but now Jason Isbell and the 400 unit will be. (Davy's Birchmere gig also rescheduled, see other artists section)

so here is the line-up. a long day but i can't miss Old Man Brown I think they are great.

8:00-10:00  - Derek Trucks Band
6:00-7:30 - Joe Bonamassa
4:00-5:30 - Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit
3:15-3:45 - Batala Percussion Band
1:45-3:00 - Chopteeth
12:15-1:15 - Old Man Brown

JOE - I also wanted to let you know that Cockeysville is pronounced just how it looks!!! Can't wait to see you there!!!

My wife and I , a friend  will all be there from Texas...Should be great.

Can't wait to see Joe live again.

We are definitely going to need a forum flag or banner (Cathy's idea) at which we can all meet up. Still looking for a local volunteer for some kind of name badges. tongue

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

86 (edited by Jane H. 2009-06-30 23:00:19)

maybe there will be face painting there and we can all get 40 some stars and ours names painted on our faces, but it will probably melt and run.....
just wear a Joe B. shirt and we'll know ya by that. my hope is to get there to hold a spot right where you can't miss us at the frontish near the walkway but i'll put this in my thinking cap

anyway in another thread i thought that it would be cool to hear Derek and Joe jam on Highway song (if they get to jam) but now I am voting for Calling me Back by Bloodline

87 (edited by Jane H. 2009-06-30 22:54:38)

ok, i have thought about it and i am all over trying to make a flag

name tags, stay tuned

Hey Folks:

I'm a Rookie here posting for the first time...Just a note for both the Penn's Peak show and the HABF.   I have a large JB flag that will be sailing high at both shows and a large banner prepared for the festival.  Jane had mentioned about having an area for forum members to rally to.  I would be more than happy to help out...it's hard to believe that these shows are almost here! It's gonna be an amazing weekend...and to meet all the members from this site attending the shows would push it over the top!  Not sure if tailgating is allowed at Penn's Peak but any info on that would be appreciated...  Hope this can happen...look forward to meeting y'all

Darren

Darren, I´m sure we´ll see you.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

sounds good Quarryman! I won't try to make a flag then. it was driving me nuts trying to come up with what it should look like/how to do it.
so hopefully you weren't looking for any solitude because now its wherever you are we will be!
have you been to hot august blues before?