Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

RICjunkie wrote:

EVERYBODY!!! WHETHER YOU INTEND ON GOING OR NOT!!!!  I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I gave Ryan McGarvey a heads up about the "TBA" slot at this event. He called the booking office and talked to the person in charge. If you have heard Ryan's "Forward in Reverse" CD you'll know that he would fit right in.

What you need to do is call, email or whatever to the people at Hot August Blues and request that they offer that spot to Ryan - he is really psyched to do it!

Thanks from Ryan and his band (and me too!!)

That would be awesome if Ryan finally makes it out to the East Coast!!!  I'll try to get in touch with these people first thing in the morning!!!

If heartaches were nickels
I'd be the richest fool alive

Ryan McGarvey Too???!!!! I'm all over it!!! Perfect!! He can come crash at Camp Cathy too!!! Thanks Tom!!!!   Cathy

39 (edited by RICjunkie 2009-03-10 04:33:32)

cathysiler wrote:

Ryan McGarvey Too???!!!! I'm all over it!!! Perfect!! He can come crash at Camp Cathy too!!! Thanks Tom!!!!   Cathy

Well I think you DID say something about wanting to see him live! smile
I'm just trying to make Hot August Blues just a tad hotter!

Major Tom to ground control...

Made flight reservations last night.  Scott and I will be going, and bringing family and friends from PA along!  Very excited about it!

41 (edited by Jane H. 2009-03-11 00:14:06)

I'm rooting for Ryan too!

Excited to hear so much interest for this fest!!!!!
Got alot of plans in my head although most things need last minute to pan out for me so no details now - but having fun is definitely gonna happen!
I truly have no idea but I can't imagine this fest really could sell out-------its a big hill and if that fills up people can climb the trees I guess. I imagine they will have some sort of number on the official permits but as far as capacity goes or # of tickets, I am not sure the limit.

Ok, ok, I'll make this a serious target! wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

43 (edited by cathysiler 2009-03-11 01:56:51)

I'm stoked too Jane!!! I would like to add that I have "Old Man Brown" CD's that I can send to whomever is coming to this fest. I don't want to forget them, great young guys and good musicians. I think getting tickets as early as possible is a good idea. This is the best line-up they've ever had! I also plan to bring some kind of tent to set up in the back so we can get a break from the sun when we need it....lots of time to plan! Still, very exciting!!!   Cathy

44 (edited by TXBluesFan 2009-03-11 03:41:59)

Well I just booked air, car, hotel and a couple of Orioles tickets to boot for the weekend.

Now I just need to order the concert tickets.

My wife and I are looking forward to Baltimore..never been before.

Should be a great way to spend my 40th Bday.

Can't wait for August.

Tim

I'm seriously considering coming to this...really want to meet up with my east coast buddies....Tom, Andy, Jeff, Jane, Cathy, Dean and Melissa, and all others....my wife said she's staying home, but gave me the ok to fly in....we'll see smile

Dave

Shred I think you can stay at camp Cathy. I don't know if she's keeping a reservation list or what. There could be quite a few of us there. But it should be a grand time!

47 (edited by Jane H. 2009-03-12 16:13:42)

Just heard back from the fest organizers and there is NO LIMIT ON TIX. Additionally there was a speaker at the community meeting last night whom used to be a naturalist at Oregon Ridge, site of fest. This is a county park and the woods are not just 100+ acres its like 1000+ acres. I think we'll fit on the grassy hill but if not we got the woods. slightly off topic but there is also a nature center in the park and hiking trails and an arcahaelogical dig and historical center. For Joe or people with money, one of the finest restaurants in the area is adjacent to the site, the Oregon Grill for a fancy meal if desired. but we will be planning some sort of fan meals as well details to pan out later but for at the fest they will have grub and reasonably priced drinks and there are water fountains as well. activities for the kids including a playground ( not facing the stage but well within listening distance)

not sure about bring our own tent but am gonna ask that next. Could at least set a spot with sunbrellas out of the way if nothing else and there are pavilions etc but not facing the stage. The website does say they have tents for getting out of the sun and this is my memory from before. There is the option of purchasing a vendor area, gonna find out how much out of curiosity but, again the woods provide shade...
I asked if they will sell merch because i think this years logo is cool and they will  be selling shirts and posters so i am psyched about that.

RICjunkie wrote:

Shred I think you can stay at camp Cathy. I don't know if she's keeping a reservation list or what. There could be quite a few of us there. But it should be a grand time!

Sounds like the house is booked up. Cathy will have to investigate the possibility of converting part of the garage into a bunk room. lol

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

I hope they have accommodation's for those of us who are disabled/handicapped.

I'm really looking forward to this show.

I just pray that the weather cooperates!!! This is gonna be a killer show!!!!

Stay Safe!

NP Andy - I'll take the floor. Right next to the A/C.

51 (edited by Jane H. 2009-03-13 15:35:19)

Spider wrote:

I hope they have accommodation's for those of us who are disabled/handicapped.

I'm really looking forward to this show.

I just pray that the weather cooperates!!! This is gonna be a killer show!!!!

Stay Safe!

Spider I am not sure exactly what the needs but the fest staff do have golf carts so I am sure with patience we can get a ride up the hill from the parking area, and we can certainly set up our area nearest to any needs. There is a lodge building there with handicap bathrooms although its not like right near the stage but if you have any specifics you want me to check on let me know, or anyone can go to the website link and call.

I'd consider going to this, but I'm not sure where I would stay?

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Jane, just wheelchair accessible is all. I can get anywhere I might need to. I can walk but I just can't be on my feet for too long. No worries here.

Tom nobody needs to sleep on the floor. We'll cross that obstacle when we get there.

Looking forward to this show!!

54 (edited by Jane H. 2009-03-13 23:25:18)

I live very close and would love to offer to all to stay at my place but I just can't do that for a number of reasons, although when the time gets closer perhaps. i do plan on hosting at least a lunch on Sunday for my Bonabuds who can make it and possibly other events. Cathy's place is farther away but near the site there are a number of hotels.
the Embassy Suites does offer a fest deal/price I believe and i do think there is shuttle service from any of the hotels in the area but specific of that I don't know off hand. before booking the cheapest hotel ask me first. Hampton Inn probably reasonable . there a couple a few more miles away i wouldn't necessarily reccomend but nothing gosh awful or anything and because many of the hotels in the area serve the business community I think the weekends are often cheaper.
anyway this is a bit far off of course but there are 5 hotels i know of that are approximately equidistant from the fest and thats just a couple miles.
the zip code is technically 21030, the hotels may be 21031 and the fest is at the far reach of the 21030. but thats a starting spot to search go to
http://www.hotaugustblues.com/faq/ for exact address

Ok no problems then Spider, if the ground is wet/mushy there is pavement close enough for you to be able to see. and the parking lot is close enough, they have parking in the fields and stuff but you can drive right up to the lodge from the parking lot ,which is close to the stage

and lol, its been 20+ years since i worked there but Embassy Suites used to have a complimentary Happy Hour, i will always remember Happy Hour....could write a whole other set of lyrics for that