Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

currymandavid wrote:

I'm glad to see Günter and Eva will be representing the European contingent of the forum - safe journey.

Thanks, David..we´ll try hard.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

182 (edited by Rocket 2009-08-12 23:33:19)

TXBluesFan wrote:

Jane , Rocket thanks  for the suggestions...

We actually have tickets for the Orioles game on Sunday..checking out the  baseball stadiums while travelling has become a bit of a habit..It will be fun to see Camden Yards since it continually ranks as one of the best stadiums in the country and set the standard for all stadiums built since it has been around.

I will leave the Aquarium up to my traveling partners..my wife mentioned she might like to go to the National Zoo..any thoughts either way?

Any Dining choices in Baltimore or DC (we'll be in DC on Monday)?

Looking foward to Saturday.

The best Joe show is the next Joe show  smile

Tim

I haven't been to either the Baltimore Aquarium or the National Zoo in a while, but I think you could break it down.  Your wife wanting to go to the National Zoo, from someone just there last month, the pandas & gorillas just had babies, there's bald eagles, an invertebrate house, and a tower system whereby orangutans wander semi-freely in some parts of the zoo.  Oh, yeah, it's a bit disorganized due to construction too.  The aquarium is just what you would expect and it's indoors, very attractive, in Baltimore and not free.  So the decision may be Washington, D.C. where there's all kinds of other things that are "must see" if never seen, or stick to Baltimore or cram everything in.  That usually works only so well, although I have a decent reputation for trying!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
TXBluesFan wrote:

Jane , Rocket thanks  for the suggestions...

We actually have tickets for the Orioles game on Sunday..checking out the  baseball stadiums while travelling has become a bit of a habit..It will be fun to see Camden Yards since it continually ranks as one of the best stadiums in the country and set the standard for all stadiums built since it has been around.

I will leave the Aquarium up to my traveling partners..my wife mentioned she might like to go to the National Zoo..any thoughts either way?

Any Dining choices in Baltimore or DC (we'll be in DC on Monday)?

Looking foward to Saturday.

The best Joe show is the next Joe show  smile

Tim

I haven't been to either the Baltimore Aquarium or the National Zoo in a while, but I think you could break it down.  Your wife wanting to go to the National Zoo, from someone just there last month, the pandas & gorillas just had babies, there's bald eagles, an invertebrate house, and a tower system whereby orangutans wander semi-freely in some parts of the zoo.  Oh, yeah, it's a bit disorganized due to construction too.  The aquarium is just what you would expect and it's indoors, very attractive, in Baltimore and not free.  So the decision may be Washington, D.C. where there's all kinds of other things that are "must see" if never seen, or stick to Baltimore or cram everything in.  That usually works only so well, although I have a decent reputation for trying!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Just don't go to the aquarium in DC!!! That is the worst aquarium in the world. In the basement of the treasury. It is like a poor afterthought, Gee, what can we do with the basement? I have an idea, lets put the nation's capitol aquarium in it!!)  ;-)

This is turning into a festzilla! big_smile

I think we're on course for the all-time North American gathering of the Bonamasses, unless anyone knows different?

Eva and Gunther have decided to spend Thursday night in Philly in order to catch Joe on the radio show on Friday - after we told them how much driving would be involved to come down here and then drive back to Philly. We're now expecting them later on Frday along with BJJ and the Sandy delegation from Mass.

So much to do, so little time.....Eva and Dad, have a safe flight and let us know that you've arrived safely.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

185 (edited by JBSRV 2009-08-14 06:37:14)

This is getting close! I sit here in D.C. bouncing in anticipation.... I have been looking forward to this for a LONG time. See you all there!

BTW, I am planning on driving in from D.C. (Georgetown to be exact) to the festival. What time should I leave? Should I take the rout mapquest provided me or is there a secret back-way that's less of a hassle? I don't want to get lost! lol

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

It's almost here!  The car is packed, ready to go, directions in hand for Cathy's.  First some sleep, then off we go.

See you guys later today, or tomorrow!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Have a great time guys. We'll be thinking of you this weekend and looking forward to hearing all about it asap.

For those of you who came to London, and if you've still got it, you could wear your RAH ID badge. wink

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

As for things to do in Baltimore, I don't think anyone has mentioned the Edgar Allan Poe house and grave... http://www.eapoe.org/

And there's a Holocaust Memorial/Museum, for those who might be into that.  I have not been inside, but I definitely remember the creepy-looking sculpture outside... http://www.josephsheppard.com/Holocaust/NewMemorial.htm

I definitely recommend the Aquarium, but be sure to allow yourself plenty of time to walk through the place... it takes a while, especially if there are crowds.

--Vik cool

It's Time!!! Tom will be here in a couple of hours and we're off to tour the Martin Factory, then to Penns Peak for tonights show. HAB tomorrow!! The weather looks good for the entire weekend!

Travel Safe Y'all! See you there!

Have a great Joe-Fest everyone, we will look forward to your recaps & pics & videos of a rockin-blues good time had by all!!  Be safe and love you all wink

pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Thanks again everybody for the suggestions..all have been duly noted.

We are heading to the airport in a hour..looking forward to the show..see everyone there.  smile

Safe travels everyone

Tim

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Have a great Joe-Fest everyone, we will look forward to your recaps & pics & videos of a rockin-blues good time had by all!!  Be safe and love you all wink

pattyluvsjoe

Wish you were going to be there! We'll get to meet another time I'm sure. Have a great weekend too!

I'm gone....bye bye
big_smilecool:cool::D

Wooders wrote:

Have a great time guys. We'll be thinking of you this weekend and looking forward to hearing all about it asap.

For those of you who came to London, and if you've still got it, you could wear your RAH ID badge. wink

Phil

I have your beautiful badge with me, Phil! wink

Cathy is out getting food while I'm working my way through the last 37-chore check list.;) sad

(Posting here was not on my list, so I best get busy again.)

Looking forward to the arrival of the masses later today!!!! cool

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Have a brilliant time.  Wish I could be with you all.  Till November smile

Maggie

Hey you guys - I wish I was there with you!

Hell - I wish I could just make the jam at Cathy's - sounds like you are all in for a great weekend.

That Woodstock spirit will be with you  (40 years anniversary  tomorrow, but - er - you guys better keep your clothes on! yikes )

Enjoy!

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

We're here.  Just checked into the hotel here in Baltimore.  Pretty nice hotel.  Especially for the Priceline prices.  smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Now i do wish i was at this one now sad , This is the biggest gathering of Joe fans since the Dallas Joefest and would like to wish you all a fantastic musical sunny weekend
Special shout out to Jane and Cathy for all their behind the scenes work
Bonabuddy's from California, Florida, Ohio, NY, MA and all over The US plus Germany & Holland  Wow!

Have Fun Y'all

..................... Michael

ps .. someone get a shot of the frontstage row when the band come on

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

I have heard mention of a meetup. Is there a gathering place at the show? I would like to meet up with other fans.