Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

"My" weatherforecast says: 28 degrees C maximum, partly cloudy, dry. So I don´t bring a rain coat.
We are starting in Germany Thursday early morning. Exciting to meet you all.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

I am soooo looking forward to this event.  The after party sounds great.  I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.  cool

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

We are headed to Baltimore Friday..can't wait..have never been to Baltimore before..

Any must do's while we are in town?

Looking forward to the show..  big_smile

Tim

susan wrote:

I am soooo looking forward to this event.  The after party sounds great.  I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.  cool

You guys have one for me!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Bags are packed, wardrobe is empty. I´m ready to roll! big_smile

I´m so excited about the big trip across the pond and especially about meeting all of you guys ... can´t wait!

Eva

168 (edited by BluesMan 2009-08-11 16:19:48)

Wish I could be there and hope you guys all have a blast!! cool

Safe travel to everyone. smile

And Tom......hey der, have one of dem cool ones on me, yah hey! big_smile

Roy

Joe is the Best!

169 (edited by BluesMan 2009-08-11 18:27:26)

Jane H. wrote:

also Bluesman I thought about offering to pick you up a raffle ticket for the Davy signed guitar giveaway but I plan on getting my own chances and it would be hard for me to give it up if it is in my hands, so I will just relieve myself of that pressure right now. sorta like how I don't like getting lottery tickets for people, something tells me its not a good idea.

Jayne, that's OK, I already have my own Davy signed guitar. wink Hopefully, I'll add another signature to it this weekend. smile

And by the way, you can call me Roy, because we are friends. wink tongue

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Jane H. wrote:

OK but don't call me Jayne

Sharp woman, you caught that! tongue lol

Jane, Jane, Jane.......

Roy

Joe is the Best!

171 (edited by srxman2001 2009-08-11 23:13:33)

So, whats the chance of Joe and Derrek jamming together?

Doug

Doug

172 (edited by Rocket 2009-08-11 23:56:55)

Jane H. wrote:
TXBluesFan wrote:

We are headed to Baltimore Friday..can't wait..have never been to Baltimore before..

Tim

Well its hard to say. The harbor area is nice, shopping, Science center, Aquarium, Fort McHenry
http://baltimore.org/about-baltimore/inner-harbor
the USS Constellation etc.
http://www.constellation.org/hours.html

it depends how long you will be here and your interests. i'll think about it some more

in on eof the other threads i mentioned some local wineries and can get that info together again if you want, most should have events on sunday.
also the Ladew topiary gardens if you have interest in that http://www.ladewgardens.com/

All that she said, I highly recommend one of my favorites, the Baltimore Aquarium if you are fascinated by waterlife as I am. Up there with the very few best.  Multiple visits there, although the #1 attraction in Baltimore (#2 used to be Hammerjack's, ironically demise came with the new stadium being built there) for me has been attending Baltimore Orioles games, and they are at home on Sunday vs. the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim if anyone's is a baseball nut or a visitor from afar curious of the so-called "national pastime".  Here's a page with some "virtual views" and listings of attractions, etc in downtown area Baltimore:
http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/ba … rdland.jsp

Afar visitors just might want to take a quick or not so quick peek at many, many sights and things to do in Washington, D.C., where most everything is free.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Jane H. wrote:

just to be clear about the chance of rain, us good witches don't melt in it but when there is lightning they'll make us take cover - and stop the show till the lightning is gone. Of course i am sure that won't happen, just saying. and IMO Gunter bring rain gear will help make it not rain...I'll pack a plastic garbage bag for you just in case wink

so the chance of a brunch type get together on Sunday at 11 am on is looking pretty good as long as there aren't any more suprises in my near future. see me at fest for details and whether it is a go, plan to bring bathing suit if you want, there is a (guaranteed shark free)pool. this would be near the fest site and I-83. I know alot of you are heading out early that day but we'd be happy to see ya and feed ya what we have if you can come by, if its a go. sorry for the present uncertainty mystery.

High Tops is IMO the best bet for getting together after the fest and beyond being in the actual Hotel bar and only having to walk up to your room, its about as close as you can get to the Crowne Plaza. and very slightly closer to the Cockeysville hotels than Crowne Plaza. there is Michaels but I do repeat Old Man Brown is gonna play at High Tops. the hotel bars will definitely be less crowded though.

I'll try to scan in one of these awesome name tags Woofy made they are pretty darn awesome! I'll also be wearing this necklace (if I can locate it) http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/ … tal1-1.jpg  and most likely my Bloodline Calling Me Back shirt, if not one of my other Joe shirts

Don't think I could afford nametags like that!

Awestruck

Jane , Rocket thanks  for the suggestions...

We actually have tickets for the Orioles game on Sunday..checking out the  baseball stadiums while travelling has become a bit of a habit..It will be fun to see Camden Yards since it continually ranks as one of the best stadiums in the country and set the standard for all stadiums built since it has been around.

I will leave the Aquarium up to my traveling partners..my wife mentioned she might like to go to the National Zoo..any thoughts either way?

Any Dining choices in Baltimore or DC (we'll be in DC on Monday)?

Looking foward to Saturday.

The best Joe show is the next Joe show  smile

Tim

Tim if you have never been to a Maryland crab house I would recommend that.
It all depends if the crabs are in season.  They dump a pot of crabs on your table and arm you with mallets and picks to get at the good stuff. That and a pitcher of beer...
Messy, yes but an epicurian delight!

Major Tom to ground control...

176 (edited by Annelies 2009-08-12 14:57:28)

Hi Bonabuddy's ,

Have a great day at the festival and the get together on saturday!

Wish i could be there with you all.

Pictures please!

Safe traveling to all of you!

Annelies

Annelies wrote:

Hi Bonabuddy's ,

Have a great day at the festival and the get together on saturday!

Wish i could be there with you all.

Pictures please!

Safe traveling to all of you!

Annelies

Hi Annelies, I was hoping that you would have stowed away in George's luggage. smile
You will be missed!

Major Tom to ground control...

Sounds like you're going to have a great time. I'm glad to see Günter and Eva will be representing the European contingent of the forum - safe journey.

I'm now feeling like those of you who couldn't make the RAH when we were all talking about it. Wish I could have been with you and meet up with everyone. Another time maybe.

Have fun and post lots.

Amsterhammer wrote:

Headcount! big_smile

Cathy
Jane
Eva
Vik + 2
George
Gunter
Tom
BJJ
Spider
Susan
Ken
Eric (JBSRV)
CarlJ
Bob (Taurus52)
Srxman
Quarryman (Darren)
LisaG
TxBluesFan + 2
Sandy and crew (how many is that?)
Larry G
Rocket
Woofy
Vortex1
Melissa
Dean
Nico
Amelia

Please don't be offended if I missed you off, just add your names. I make that 22 so far. I think we can do better than that. Where's Bmore and the DC mob?

edit - thanks Jane, names added, so that's at least 29 tongue

Add me, Blueshand and Mrs. Blueshand!

TXBluesFan wrote:

Tim

Head over to Bertha's Mussels. Great food (especially the mussels, although this is not a month with "R" in it!). They often have a live blues band in the bar attached to it. http://www.berthas.com/home.html
It is in the Fell's Point area.

I second the advice about the Aquarium. It is great.

Also, The Museum of Visionary Art is quite unusual. http://www.avam.org/