Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

So Joe, the Baltimore show is in about 2 weeks and I just wanted to put in a special request for this song. In all of North America and perhaps even the world I don't think there is anyone who would more like to hear this than a certain friend of mine who we all know and love and whose name I don't even need to mention wink.  I know that you playing this would so make her night as well as the countless other diehard fans that you have in the Baltimore/Washington area. Oh, and I Know Where I Belong would be great, too. Hey, it doesn't hurt to ask does it? Look at all the people who keep getting Sloe Gin wink

I'm trying to get back into running after a few years' hiatus, and recently when Pain & Sorrow came on my ipod during a run, I think I double my pace throughout the song.  GREAT song for running!

Just came on my iPod. How cool would it be if Joe from out of nowhere added this song back into the set list? Just played at a couple shows a year? Maybe one day I'll get to see it played live.

oh yeah sure that would be cool. I doubt it but never say never!
I'm really looking forward to the Borderline dvd. I haven't gotten them yet

ZeyerGTR it also good song for countless other things too!!!!!!!!!! smile

till you find another way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane H. wrote:

ZeyerGTR it also good song for countless other things too!!!!!!!!!! smile

till you find another way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever turns you on, you naughty thing, Jane. smile

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

ummmm not sure what you refer to exactly :emb but please let me note I am not into Pain or Sorrow other than the song. I find it fitting in many circumstances. Thank you.

Joe has a sky blue Strat in the flight case all packed up and ready to go for the US Fall tour.

https://twitter.com/JBONAMASSA/status/3 … 24/photo/1

Same one used on P&S at Borderline?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SAs2iUvHMQ

Just sayin.................

134 (edited by Jane H. 2013-11-01 09:36:56)

that's exciting news
I will not let myself hope
love Joe either way
smile

135 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-01-09 20:58:52)

I see JoeBonamassaTV (YouTube channel) put up a Fan video to Pain and Sorrow today (1/9/15).  Comprised of concept stills / photographs ... a couple of Joe are in there too during the solo.  (Maybe this fan video has been out there?)

A great, great song ... will be digging out SILT tomorrow ...

http://youtu.be/nDB8l1s2Bfg

Edit!! ... just saw a Jane H. link early in this Thread (from '06) to YouTube P&S videos ... and see this one at the top of the list now.  It's a video by Michael ... posted up in Oct '12 ... and see he posted the link in this Thread.

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. … 87#p262087

Well done Michael ... and congrats on it being added to JoeBonaTV.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the last two live versions of P&S...10/25/05 at Shank Hall and at the a Borderline in 2013. Love this song!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Just saw J&R's e-mail about Joe's Pain & Sorrow coming in at #13 out of Guitar World's "Top 25 greatest WAH solos of all time"!

"Bonamassa lays out some fiery wah work on this deep cut from his sophomore album So It's Like That."

Congrats, Joe!!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

138 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-01-10 11:28:36)

sally12333 wrote:

Just saw J&R's e-mail about Joe's Pain & Sorrow coming in at #13 out of Guitar World's "Top 25 greatest WAH solos of all time"!

"Bonamassa lays out some fiery wah work on this deep cut from his sophomore album So It's Like That."

Congrats, Joe!!!

J&R links Michael's video in their press release email of the article (hence the placement on the JoeBTV YouTube channel yesterday) ... congrats again Michael ... and to Joe on an "oldie but goodie."  (Cool of J&R to link it to Michael's channel in their link ... if u hit the YouTube button in the mini viewer ... it goes to Michael's channel.)

Email press release link (JB Official Newsletter Issue 02 - 1/9/15):
http://jr-adventures.bmetrack.com/c/v?e … id=A0B0DD8

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Michael knows how jealous I get when he gets more attention than me wink but the post got me thinking of a pretty cool version of P&S that I have captured and want to share. https://soundcloud.com/jim-moody-1/03-track-03

140 (edited by Terry12 2015-01-11 08:09:44)

Listening to Pain and Sorrow the other day and my headphones broke just before the solo!!!
sad

Also i am not too keen on the Borderline version of Pain and Sorrow. I think Joe just changed the song too much, he probably thought he was going to get more comparisons to Stevie Ray Vaughan.

sally12333 wrote:

Joe's Pain & Sorrow coming in at #13 out of Guitar World's "Top 25 greatest WAH solos of all time"!

Congrats, Joe!!!

Sweet! .. Congrats Joe!

Kudos to u as well Michael .. great video!l

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Its great to see Pain and Sorrow on that list. I wonder if it would create enough of a big buzz among players that it might influence Joe.......

anyway I just recently got the cds of the TourDeForce shows.
even though having my friends record and get me the song ASAP after playing was an amazingly special and momentous occasion for me and having seen it on the dvd a few times was damn great, I am enjoying the verion via the official cd the most. i do get stuck in the past versions quite a bit but I have great appreciation for the latest version and the individual performances from each of the band ♥ excellent