Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

Jane H. wrote:

I boldy proclaim that after listening to Just got Paid on the RAH itunes, I think the time is right for Pain and Sorrow again. I mean I only want Joe to play it when he is ready/wants to but i used to feel it just wasn't the right time. I feel different now and am ready for it whenever and however. Really want to hear it with the current band. Not so sure about with a sports jacket but I am willing to give it a try. tongue

I am SO right with you on this, Jane. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

yeah,gotta pin my colours to this mast too-Pain &Sorrow is just AMAZING! Love this track! The guitar speaks for itself-could go on for ages-but Kenny's drumming just underpins it all the way,no let up,think stamina may have something to do with it not on the set lately?No offence meant Bogie!!!Or to anyone else!!(HELP!What have i said?!!!):o:|Noooo!

Come on you Blades!

Long time favourite of mine, as well, and would love to see it in the set.

For those of you debating the lyrics, have a look at the Lyrics section on the main website. You'll find them there.

'Try as you might to keep a lid on a good time, you can't do it. When people want to have a good time....' - Billy Gibbons

76 (edited by Jane H. 2009-10-27 16:28:26)

Even though they are on Joe's site, I have yet to be sufficiently assured they are his lyrics. Not going to argue with all of them and P+S look right but some....I dunno. Hopefully I can ask Joe next time I see him.

also it took a while to get my head right with this video considering what P+S means to me but I really couldn't stop watching, pretty amazing
http://www.jbonamassa.com/jbtv/?p=394

always bring a wingman, or the Wing, man

Just got my Blues Deluxe Tab book which has Pain and Sorrow as a bonus. the lyrics are there so what's on this site look right, most importantly it is definitely "deal"

the tab book can be bought thru joe's store, click on the link above ( might depend on what your viewing layout chopice is but there is a link somewhere no matter what layout you are using)

Crap...guess I could have posted here huh? I got my copy about 2 months ago.

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

i just watched some the Led Zeppelin dvd the other night and now I wanna hear Jimmy Page do Pain and Sorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mondays are better to the tune of Pain and Sorrow

Jane H. wrote:

I boldy proclaim that after listening to Just got Paid on the RAH itunes, I think the time is right for Pain and Sorrow again. I mean I only want Joe to play it when he is ready/wants to but i used to feel it just wasn't the right time. I feel different now and am ready for it whenever and however. Really want to hear it with the current band. Not so sure about with a sports jacket but I am willing to give it a try. tongue

I'm thinking now that if BCC does Its too Late for the Sun live it is gonna have a real Pain and Sorrow vibe to it. i mean on the album it does and i can't stop thinking about it live

81 (edited by Jane H. 2011-08-08 12:16:44)

Mondays are better to the tune of Pain and Sorrow.
was thinking about the various possible meanings that this song could have been about for Joe. I know i will never know. he may not remember , he might not wanna say completly or it could be one of those thee lyrics can mean one thing or many to one person or many, including him. anyway it was just a new way for me of thinking about it. in terms of personal relationships and also just dealing with stress.

love this song
still looking for new ways

That song would be an awesome addition to the BCC live set!

Love that song! I'm sure Joe will resurrect it someday.

Matt ( from MASS ) wrote:

That song would be an awesome addition to the BCC live set!

Love that song! I'm sure Joe will resurrect it someday.

I still doubt it greatly....

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Nothing like listening to Pain and Sorrow (and by listening i mean zoning out sort of as had been previosuly attempted to describe) and some good spaghetti lunch to work on coming up with new ways, better ways, on this Monday!

until i find another way!!!!!!!!!!!
cool

yeah  wink

"You sacrifice your love, for the wonder of it all"

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

How about an acoustic rework of P&S?

87 (edited by gary 2011-09-14 19:59:30)

XLK9 wrote:

How about an acoustic rework of P&S?

Who knows it could be great.But I don't know know I would want to go there because it reall is so damn good the way it is being  ELECTRIC!I would ask would you want an acoustic version of Dazed and Confused?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

The original by Jake Holmes was I believe.

The point I failed to make is that P&S holds up as an actual song and not just a masterful guitar workout.

XLK9 wrote:

How about an acoustic rework of P&S?.....

The point I failed to make is that P&S holds up as an actual song and not just a masterful guitar workout.

Dude........ I gotta weak heart. wtf r u speaking of?!?!

90 (edited by Rocket 2011-09-15 00:06:10)

Jane H. wrote:
XLK9 wrote:

How about an acoustic rework of P&S?.....

...Dazed & Confused is a Jake Holmes song, an acoustic rendering
He contends Pain & Sorrow is a song that could be covered acoustically as it is a good song even minus the electrical guitar soup...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Dude........ I gotta weak heart. wtf r u speaking of?!?!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”