Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

I have tickets for the Bullrun in Shirley Ma. in June    Pain and Sorrow please big_smile

Just heard "Pain and Sorrow" two days in a row on XM Bluesville. Thanks to Mary from Kansas City for todays request. This is definitely the one song that I would want to see back in the new setlist.

This reminds me of when fans used to yell out to Jimi, Purple Haze! and he would say, We're tired of playing that. Face it people. It ain't gonna happen.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

I guess if Joe really felt like playing the song he would have by now. He played it for a long time and obviously didn't feel like he could take it anywhere that would interest him night after night.

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

A guarded "perhaps" to Jess & John M, but I would be willing (but I ain't Allah that) to bet Joe will conjure it up in the future...and the lack of night after night of near similarity regardless of little twists, I'd be willing (again, Allah I said before) to bet that iteration will be the absolute pinnacle performance by Joe to (that) date!

Rock On & Keep the Hopeful Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

yeah i don't know but it would be moremy guess that the set list need to be freshened up and/or have that 20 minutes for 2 or 3 songs as opposed to one, rather than Joe tired of the song. I expect to hear it live by Joe again one day, but not guessing when.

i discovered last week that i can whistle along to it pretty darn good!

Jane H. wrote:

i discovered last week that i can whistle along to it pretty darn good!

Now that is some musical talent!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Jane, I don't think anything can top the intro to P&S from the Towson show. Does that track  have a name? The way it follows "Heartaches" and then leads to P&S, well I keep replaying those tracks over and over....Thanks again for all you do.....Granny

cathysiler wrote:

Jane, I don't think anything can top the intro to P&S from the Towson show. Does that track  have a name? The way it follows "Heartaches" and then leads to P&S, well I keep replaying those tracks over and over....Thanks again for all you do.....Granny

on that show, i think it can just be referred to as "intro" and I think he's done similar intro into Are You Experienced especially the eruption part

Jane H. wrote:
Jane H. wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Mondays are better to the tune of Pain and Sorrow!

still true

I'd like to hear Jimi cover Pain and Sorrow.....

if ever it was true, today proves it
Mondays are better to the tune of Pain and Sorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially mornings!;)

just put an offer on the live site ( www.bonamassalive.com - follow the simple instructions if you want to play along please )
for an old 02 show with Pain and Sorrow
Peace

I havent been on that site for a while - its a good place

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

RESURRECTED

haha

50 (edited by Jane H. 2007-11-09 09:51:18)

Hey guys please allow me to do a little screaming and shouting here. Joe's going to play at Ram's Head Live in Baltimore on Wednesday and that is the place where i last heard him do Pain and Sorrow live and in person. I think it was 2-24or25-05. I made a homemade Pain and Sorrow shirt. the front decal didn't come out right. Since its autographed by Joe, Kenny and Eric, I can't exactly make a new one but was wondering if anyone had experience in ironing on over an ironon. i learned that printable decals for dark shirts work better than the others and was considering trying to iron one of those overtop the original decal which didn't work right. please email if you have tried this.

anyway i don't want to be like the love you hate you screamer in wisconsin i heard about and i know the chances of the band playing Pain and Sorrow this wednesday are slim to none, I still have this strong urge to shout out for it so i'm going to get it out of my system here, thanks for allowing this

PAIN and SORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

oh yeah if anyone has a recording of the show from baltimore from february 05 let me know please

I'm giving a vote for this also..If you can't play the whole song, I'll settle for the wicked intro like the Rechter Theater Show...PLEASE!!!!!   Cathy

Pain and Sorrow and Blues Deluxe are the 2 songs I play for people for their first Joe experience. Then they are hooked!!!! I feel very fortuante to have seen that song live many times. I would love to see at an encore, what a way to end a show.

When i spoke with joe in Richmond back in Rocktober, he told me that Pain and Sorrow didn't make it into the tab book because it ended up being too many pages (no way that Bonamassa thing would fit in any stocking,lol)
anyway just a reminder to any who missed that memo....some online places are still advertising it as in there because that was the original contents.

Just had an idea, if it is all tabbed out and everything, that would be a cool web freebie.......
just a suggestion..........

backroad junkie wrote:

Pain and Sorrow and Blues Deluxe are the 2 songs I play for people for their first Joe experience. Then they are hooked!!!! I feel very fortuante to have seen that song live many times. I would love to see at an encore, what a way to end a show.

Pain and Sorrow,as I was listening to Silt the first Jb I ever heard,when the song came on,thats when I knew it was game over.I was a bonamaniac.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky