Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

Jane you're awesome!

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

Hey Jane, glad the music helps you like it helps me.  I know what you mean.  Sometimes it's like something inside just snaps and I'm happy again.  Anyways, I have to ask again since I didn't get an answer, what is the reason for Joe taking this out of his shows?  Was he tired of playing it or is there a more profound reason?  Somebody please let me know.  Thanks.

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

Yeah it is a really special song.

Does anyone know what guitar Joe is playing on that video? Is it a Clapton strat?

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

I have more than a few highlights to the Joe shows I've been to. One of them was hearing Joe play P & S at Shank Hall almost exactly a year ago (10/25/05). That show started out with If 6 were 9/Spanish Castle Magic, so I was able to hear two songs I had never heard Joe play live before. P & S was awesome live!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

morrowbj wrote:

Hey Jane, glad the music helps you like it helps me.  I know what you mean.  Sometimes it's like something inside just snaps and I'm happy again.  Anyways, I have to ask again since I didn't get an answer, what is the reason for Joe taking this out of his shows?  Was he tired of playing it or is there a more profound reason?  Somebody please let me know.  Thanks.

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

Ben I just figure there's not enough time in the set for it to be a regular. I hope I am there when he plays it again live though.

24 (edited by Jane H. 2006-11-27 17:04:53)

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

Jane H. wrote:

Mondays are better to the tune of Pain and Sorrow!

still true

I'd like to hear Jimi cover Pain and Sorrow.....

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

Jane H. wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Mondays are better to the tune of Pain and Sorrow!

still true

I'd like to hear Jimi cover Pain and Sorrow.....

if ever it was true, today proves it
Mondays are better to the tune of Pain and Sorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially mornings!;)

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

I'd prefer to be humming Pride and Joy today, but Pain & Sorrow it is.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

please play pain and sorrow..
a men!

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

"But I will, and you won’t - and I deal, and you don’t, yeah!"

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

"livin on pain and sorrow,
til' I find another way"

I woke up this mornin', cant find my shoes.

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

definetly a JB classic and worth the price of admission by itself but Just got paid is filling in nicely truley i miss the river/burnin hell part of the show lately i bring first time Joe Live veiwers 2 each show and the last 4 times he has not played Pain and Sorrow or any slide still amazing shows and they are blown away but still feal like they missed out without those on the setlist but when you see go live u always go home amazed so does it really matter what he plays its all great.

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

One example of this song, and "finding other ways" is like how Asking Around for You is like "another way" to deal with something wihtout living on Pain and Sorrow because its a song that gives us another way.
anyway not wanting to make this thread about asking around.

I also have been wondering what Pain and Sorrow might be like with keyboards. not that i actuallu desire that or anything but wondering what it would be like thats all

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

Speaking of keyboards, the first time that I saw Joe (back in November of 2002 I believe) there was a keyboardist on stage with him.  This would be the tour right after SITL came out.  Does anyone know who this was or what the deal was there?  Thanks!

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

P.S. - Since this is the "Pain and Sorrow" thread, I've gotta throw in that I love this song.  It's a nice change of pace and is just one of the many reasons SITL is so easy to listen to from start to finish.

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

morrowbj wrote:

Speaking of keyboards, the first time that I saw Joe (back in November of 2002 I believe) there was a keyboardist on stage with him.  This would be the tour right after SITL came out.  Does anyone know who this was or what the deal was there?  Thanks!

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

P.S. - Since this is the "Pain and Sorrow" thread, I've gotta throw in that I love this song.  It's a nice change of pace and is just one of the many reasons SITL is so easy to listen to from start to finish.

I have a copy of a show with a keyboard, I really liked it.

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

I think maybe I do too,lol. this should motivate me to get my discs in order!
speaking of it, anyone here still hear from Chip and Holly Rose from MoJOhio?

and proving true today - Mondays are better to the tune of Pain and Sorrow.
I think I can definitely say with confidence, short of being there live, I enjoy the studio version on SILT as much as any other and at times much much louder!

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

just adding the youtube link to this thread
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q … rch=Search

Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

Jane H. wrote:

for those who haven't had the pleasure.....

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q … and+sorrow

make sure you do it in order 1 thru 7

If this was the first time I had ever seen Joe play, I would have called, e-mailed everybody in my life. I still cant believe it took me all this time to find him! Thank god for this computer, I was never a big fan of this damn thing. Now I cant wait to get home. I'm so ashamed of myself ( LOL ! )

                   Thanks.......Dave