Re: The Pain and Sorrow appreciation thread

I'd prefer to be humming Pride and Joy today, but Pain & Sorrow it is.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

please play pain and sorrow..
a men!

"But I will, and you won’t - and I deal, and you don’t, yeah!"

"livin on pain and sorrow,
til' I find another way"

I woke up this mornin', cant find my shoes.

definetly a JB classic and worth the price of admission by itself but Just got paid is filling in nicely truley i miss the river/burnin hell part of the show lately i bring first time Joe Live veiwers 2 each show and the last 4 times he has not played Pain and Sorrow or any slide still amazing shows and they are blown away but still feal like they missed out without those on the setlist but when you see go live u always go home amazed so does it really matter what he plays its all great.

Speaking of keyboards, the first time that I saw Joe (back in November of 2002 I believe) there was a keyboardist on stage with him.  This would be the tour right after SITL came out.  Does anyone know who this was or what the deal was there?  Thanks!

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

P.S. - Since this is the "Pain and Sorrow" thread, I've gotta throw in that I love this song.  It's a nice change of pace and is just one of the many reasons SITL is so easy to listen to from start to finish.

morrowbj wrote:

Speaking of keyboards, the first time that I saw Joe (back in November of 2002 I believe) there was a keyboardist on stage with him.  This would be the tour right after SITL came out.  Does anyone know who this was or what the deal was there?  Thanks!

Rock 'N' Roll,
-Ben

P.S. - Since this is the "Pain and Sorrow" thread, I've gotta throw in that I love this song.  It's a nice change of pace and is just one of the many reasons SITL is so easy to listen to from start to finish.

I have a copy of a show with a keyboard, I really liked it.

Jane H. wrote:

for those who haven't had the pleasure.....

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q … and+sorrow

make sure you do it in order 1 thru 7

If this was the first time I had ever seen Joe play, I would have called, e-mailed everybody in my life. I still cant believe it took me all this time to find him! Thank god for this computer, I was never a big fan of this damn thing. Now I cant wait to get home. I'm so ashamed of myself ( LOL ! )

Thanks.......Dave

I have tickets for the Bullrun in Shirley Ma. in June    Pain and Sorrow please big_smile

Just heard "Pain and Sorrow" two days in a row on XM Bluesville. Thanks to Mary from Kansas City for todays request. This is definitely the one song that I would want to see back in the new setlist.

This reminds me of when fans used to yell out to Jimi, Purple Haze! and he would say, We're tired of playing that. Face it people. It ain't gonna happen.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

I guess if Joe really felt like playing the song he would have by now. He played it for a long time and obviously didn't feel like he could take it anywhere that would interest him night after night.

-Jess
Check out my band Beth and The Black Cat Bones http://www.myspace.com/bethandtheblackcatbones
Also my own page for my guitar playing http://www.myspace.com/jesszub

A guarded "perhaps" to Jess & John M, but I would be willing (but I ain't Allah that) to bet Joe will conjure it up in the future...and the lack of night after night of near similarity regardless of little twists, I'd be willing (again, Allah I said before) to bet that iteration will be the absolute pinnacle performance by Joe to (that) date!

Rock On & Keep the Hopeful Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Jane H. wrote:

i discovered last week that i can whistle along to it pretty darn good!

Now that is some musical talent!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Jane, I don't think anything can top the intro to P&S from the Towson show. Does that track  have a name? The way it follows "Heartaches" and then leads to P&S, well I keep replaying those tracks over and over....Thanks again for all you do.....Granny

I havent been on that site for a while - its a good place

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

RESURRECTED

haha

I'm giving a vote for this also..If you can't play the whole song, I'll settle for the wicked intro like the Rechter Theater Show...PLEASE!!!!!   Cathy