Re: My Video of my 4 amp set up

ken wrote:
GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:
ken wrote:

Thanks for the link, I didn't even think of an acrylic hinge. I found this place for the plexiglass shields, so for about $40 you can put together a nice little sheild.
http://www.acrylicdisplaystore.com/clea … p-668.html

12"x24" is pretty small though - enough for a single cab if thats all you need as 1/4" plexi is expensive - I got lucky as my dad is a carpenter and save pieces that are leftovers so I had  a few sheets laying around.  I had to custom size mine for my set up.  I believe we made them about 36" x 20" or so.  The hinges come in 4' lengths so the cutoff from one of them made the single cab sheild.

It would be for a single 12 combo, so 2 of them hinged together would be sufficient.

$40 for the whole deal is very cheap considering they start at $200 here:
http://www.acousticalsolutions.com/prod … osures.asp

These prices are for the entire enclosure, but I don't see where you could just buy the plexi sheild by itself...

Yea 200 clams is rediculous for that.  I'd buy those sheets and the hinges... It will take you no more then an hour for setting up, putting it together, and cleanup.  It dries in a bat of an eyed - no joke lol...

Ben

I second the guy who made his with a piano hinge, that's how I put mine together and it was very cost effective.  2 sheets of acrylic + brass piano hinge + screws = about 100 bucks.  It's very sturdy, works amazingly well, and looks badass!  Good luck on your shield.

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Hey Ben,

Thanks for your video.  I will second (or at this rate... it's probably eighth) the sentiments before me: great tone!   I am curious though.  I'm new to using more than one amp at the same time to create a tone.  I've used a clean and dirty amp on an A/B box and a channel switcher, but never two or more run simultaneously.    It seems so much like mixing colors; a little of this and a little of that.   But, i've yet to hear anyone go through one amp at a time and talk about the individual pieces of the sound.  For example:  i'd love to hear each one of your amps on their own, and then hear them mixed.   I know Joe talks about the strengths of each amp he uses, but i've only heard them in combination with the Jub.   I'd love to hear the Jub solo, then hear the Cat 5, then the Two Rock, etc.   Any chance you'd do another video with each head individually?

Thanks,
m.

Hey Mike - Thanks for the kind compliments.  The whole idea is like you said, mixing colors.  The way I approach it is I find an amp I like a lot (in my case the Mesa) and I play with it for a while.  Then I nit pick it sort of and get other amps that will give me the sound I'm looking for.  Don't get me wrong I can get a honest sound out of the amps individually, but alone they aren't as nice or forgiving when they are doing one specific thing, coloring my sound... The tones you can achieve are pretty much infinite.  I will gladly make another video of the amps on seperatley this week.  Thanks again and stay posted!

Ben