Re: OK heres some pics

SOFTMC wrote:

Ok guys I have a modest rig but I gig regular. and need something
that is easy to transport. but dont be misled it still sounds great to
my ears.

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo57 … C01572.jpg

cheers D.

That Les Paul is unbelievable!

20 (edited by GoT MuLe 31788 2009-01-13 10:08:17)

Cool rigs guys.  Thats a really nice flame on that LP SOFT  - there is nothing like a wicked cool flame top.

Hey Strat - How much for that GT lol.  I love that color and no F hole looks awesome.  You should have seen my birds nest before I neatened it up - it was a swarm of guitar cables lol.  After I cleaned up the wires and pedal board, it made the amps sound better some how.   I think it was b/c I originally had the FX loop wires mixed with the cables going to the amps, so I was getting a bad delay sound.  Once I isolated them apart and made it nice, the sound was cleaner.  Even though the cables say they are shielded, I think its only to an extent and keeping the different cables apart as much as possible helps.

Ben

PS - Whats the wait time on a GT now and how did you record your rig?  I'm looking forward to hearing some clips and I would love to make one of my own for you guys to hear.

Ben, currently the wait approx 3,5 months. So it was at both of my Gigliottis.
Not too long I think...
I made the videoclips with a simple Sony Digitalcam. The inbuilt mic isnt too bad
and does not distort. Its ok to hear how the overall sound appears.
I will post them as soon I managed to make them smaller..

Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

22 (edited by SOFTMC 2009-01-13 12:19:54)

Hi Guys
           thanks for your comments, yeah the les paul is nice, £900 off ebay!!
           Bargains can still be found.
           Alex your rig looks like it will sound awesome and be portable. LOVE the gigliottis
           and how do you find the JB les paul(cool)
           how do u set the BUDDA is it clean or crunch, also
          your jubilee, do u use JOES settings ? I find with a les paul you have to
          turn the input gain  down to 4 but strat up to 6.
          the carl martin hdb is good but I only use it for the strat and only use the
          boost side. the distortion side is ok but there are better units for the money.

Once again all credit to Mr Bonamassa for inspiring us with his music and
           incredible playing and sharing his 
          knowledge of amps ,etc, with us. there is no other artist that I know of that would
          take the time to talk with his fans and give advice. cheers JOE....
          look forward to seeing you in Glasgow in April.

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

I'm getting jealous of all the Silver Jub's I've been seeing smile

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I use the drive channel on the jubilee and the clean channel of the Budda.
But the clean channel is cranked up to semi clean. Yes I agree, the gain setting on the jub is around 4.5 as it has a hell of distortion. But anyway, if I could play only one of these amps I'd go for the Budda. It has a more defined and cleaner tone than the Marshall. But both in combination are awesome sounding.
As to the JBLP. its one of the best Les Pauls I ever played.
It plays perfectly out of the box and feels worn in. It has a very smooth tone
but has a pretty fast attack. I sold my '57 VOS Goldtop for it and I swore on that LP really.
I have another '58 LP which is fantastic too. Gonna keep those two.

Today I made amall video clip of both amps.
I just noodled around but you can hear what these two amps sound like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS57pwglD-k

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

Alex
         EXCELLENT demo this is a good combination of sounds I can hear
          that the budda has more midrange and cuts through more than a jube
         on its own (was that a tube screamer kicked in near the middle ?)
          I use the fender HRD in a similar attempt to give the  overall sound
          more midrange I will try and post on u tube when I have time.
          but nice to hear what peoples rigs sound like MORE PLEASE!!                                    (oh and nice playing Alex)

D.

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

Hi Dave,

yes you are right. I have two Tubescreamers on my board. One TS-808 RI and a TS clone.
The 808 is always on and the second for additional leadboost. Secondly you are right again,
the Marshall hasn't that strong and clear midrage like Budda has.
I have some more clips here. I compared the two speakers and how different they sound.
But I want to make new clips soon with proper playing as I fiddled some embarassing licks on them..;)
Yes I'd like to hear how your gear sounds!!!!

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

Stratovari wrote:

Today I made amall video clip of both amps.
I just noodled around but you can hear what these two amps sound like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS57pwglD-k

Alex

i made a comment on youtube wink

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

i made a comment on youtube

Ha! I'm sure it was the first one...:)

www.u2-experience.de

Hi Alex great sound and rig your noodeling sounds very good ....
it sounds realy near to Joe i hope you send a next video where we can see and learn a little bit from how you play it i learn best with my eyes and ears i hate that books and cant read that chineese
im not so far to present anyting here but mabye later
but i like that vid´s
good idea

Hey Strat - Great playing man - I watched your other clip too.  You nailed that vox tone.  When are ganna hear some GT lol....

Ben

Geko, thanks for the flowers. I think here is another guy (Matt?) who plays Joes patterns
pretty exactly. Maybe he is the better man for this. I just wanted to show the overall sound.
But next time I try to show the guitar better.. smile

GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:

Hey Strat - Great playing man - I watched your other clip too.  You nailed that vox tone.  When are ganna hear some GT lol....

Hi Ben, its mostly a matter of time to make more clips. I run my own business and currently I have much work but I try to make some more clips soon, and then with all guitars to have an impression. A problem is that the clips are so big sized to upload them. Either I will make them shorter or lower the resolution.

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

Stratovari wrote:

Geko, thanks for the flowers. I think here is another guy (Matt?) who plays Joes patterns
pretty exactly. Maybe he is the better man for this. I just wanted to show the overall sound.
But next time I try to show the guitar better.. smile

GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:

Hi Ben, its mostly a matter of time to make more clips. I run my own business and currently I have much work but I try to make some more clips soon, and then with all guitars to have an impression. A problem is that the clips are so big sized to upload them. Either I will make them shorter or lower the resolution.

Alex

you deserve mutch more but i have missunderstud your post so wrong and in my understanding  so cheek that i have act like this i never act like this but when i have looked at the translating program i knew i was totaly wrong and so on my fault
i like to send you one of my  Joe  keycains witch are on my owen disign and its a strat and a Gibson disign and one other for kids without neck.
i have the permission from Joe and the Management to do this only for frinds and forum members
just for free and so i send it to him and her all over the world
and i like to send you one of each disign
feel free to email me
Greetz Geko
sincerely Geko