Re: Pedals please ... ?

I suggest an OBrien amp, and  Tim Juernig pedal.

Hi, I am a big fan of fulltone. Their fulltone mosfet 2 is an overdrive pedal that has versatility and tone that puts everyone else to shame. Try their 70 pedal for fuzz.  I have searched the world over and owned everything under the sun but my god the mosfet 2 is a monster and very flexible.  Fulltone sells seconds on their web cheaper than the retailers and ebay with the bonus of a new warranty.  These are cosmetic blemishes.

Good Luck

Eva,

Here is a suggestion for a great valued amp. A Fender The Twin, very flexible and you can cut the power to 25 load watts by pulling two tubes. It is very flexible and can put alot of various tone combintions for those who are patient enough to learn to use it.  It is heavy, weighing in at nearly 80 lbs, but we all need our excercise, plus if you play a large venue and need it will put out 100 watts or ear piercing volume.

I have seen these pass through ebay for around $500 for one in good condition. You cant touch its flexibility for three two four times the price.  A good addition down the road is a 4 x 12  stereo speaker cabinet to tighten up the tone.  Then when you have saved up the cash look into a good head, I like Budda Superdrive II. Or for about the same money a Marshall Silver Jubilee.   Run both amps to you 4x12 cabinet in stereo to get your dry wet sound.

The, "The Twin" can get some nice marshall tones on the gain channel and great cleans on great traditional fender tones on the clean.  This amp also allows you to play both channels at the same time giving a great rounded tone. 

Some people hate this amp because it is not what you expect out of a standard fender amp. But those that are patient enough to learn to use it are rewarded with some great tone. Joe Bonamassa and Robin Ford are both experienced owners of these amps.

Good Luck.