Re: Poor Man's Joe Bonamassa Rig

jgalvan8804 wrote:

By Poor mans Bonamassa rig I think we meant our rig is nothing compared to 4 3000 dollar heads. My Vox AC30 and Fender twin are great amps... But they are no where near as expensive as a Two Rock.  Let alone the Jubilee, Carol Ann, Van Weeden, or Cat 5. So that said Its still a poor boys bonamassa rig.

If I had money... I'd buy a JMI AC30, and a Carr Rambler.  That is my dream combination.
5000 dollars.

It has nothing to do with money and I think we pretty much agree it should be called a different title in the thread.  I wouldn't say anyones stuff here is poor.  There is some great gear in this thread.  I've played a bunch of different amps of different values and some of the more expensive ones I'd rather through down a set of stairs, then there is some cheaper stuff which is great day in and day out.

What a cool thread - I´m glad I didn´t buy a new amp and stuff yet ... gotta do some research on the ones under 500 mentioned here.

You know what a PoorGirl´s rig is?! Playing a Epiphone LP through THIS: http://www.thomann.de/de/marshall_mg10c … ncombo.htm in a flat with neighboors all around ... lol

Eva

Eva, this small Marshall amps are pretty cool for homeuse.
I dare to say that you probably don't need another distpedal
but for sharpening the leadwork a cheap tubescreamer (see your other
posting) or a Digitech Bad Monkey (cool pedal btw) will do the job more than
decent.

Klampf on big_smile
Alex

...it's a musical journey
www.u2-experience.de

22 (edited by Geko 2009-01-05 15:19:06)

Eva they have the MG series make in Silver Jubilee too

hers the link same price :

http://search.ebay.de/search/search.dll … er+JUbilee

Für 129 euro bekommst du schon was feines
schaumal was der kann ,da brauchst du erstmal keine zusatz effekte bis du damit klar kommst wink

Das Non-Plus-Ultra der 15 Watt Klasse: Der MG15DFX ist kein Practise-Combo wie jeder andere, denn er bietet nicht nur hervorragende Klangqualität, sondern auch die beliebtesten Digitaleffekte (Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger) ganz easy mit nur zwei Reglern perfekt abstimmbar. Damit klingt Deine Gitarre wie auf einer professionellen Aufnahme!Dabei wählt der Preset/Adjust Regler nicht nur den jeweiligen Effekt an, sondern beeinflusst auch gleichzeitig dessen wichtigste Variable (z.B. die Delayzeit beim Echo, Hallzeit beim Reverb, usw.). Der Effektanteil (also die "Stärke" des Effektes) wird mit dem FX-Level Regler bestimmt. Seine Klangregelung und die praxisgerechte Abstimmung teilt sich dieser Amp mit seinen 15 Watt Kollegen MG15CD und MG15CDR. Der MG15DFX ist also der flexibelste Kleincombo aus Marshalls MG-Serie - dabei aber mit seinen 15 Watt ganz klar für Heimsessions ausgelegt - weshalb auch hier die Kanalumschaltung auf der Frontplatte erfolgt. Für den Betrieb im Übungsraum empfehlen wir dagegen die grösseren Modelle MG30DFX bzw. MG50DFX - hier kann die Kanalwahl auch bequem per Fußschalter erfolgen. Features: - 15 Watt RMS Dauerleistung - 2 Kanäle (Clean & Overdrive) - digitale Effektsektion - FX-Level Regler - Preset / Adjust Regler - Dreibandklangregelung mit Contour Regler - kombinierter CD-Input & emulierter Line-Out - emulierter Headphone Ausgang - FDD Elektronik schaltbar - 8" Speaker - geschlossenens Gehäuse für satte Basswiedergabe. - Gewicht nur 7,2 kg - Maße (B x H x T / ü.A.): 350 x 360 x 185 mm unverbindliche Preisempfehlung: 229,00 € INKL. 6 METER KABEL

Somebody help my computer has changed to German and I cant read the new post. How do I switch it back.

jgalvan8804 wrote:

Somebody help my computer has changed to German and I cant read the new post. How do I switch it back.

Sorry i have copy that from the Producer for Eva
i serch that for Us too i send it some minutes

Geko

im sorry i cant find the MG15DFX- Silver Jubilee  in the US
but its there i know ... but i cant find the Hardwear discribtion

Greetz Geko

This technical stuff is tricky to understand for beginners even in their native languages
so try to be generous here for not using the forum langauge.

www.u2-experience.de

Along the same lines as this thread, I could use some advice.  I play blues and classic rock.  I have a Fender American Deluxe Strat, Les Paul Studio and a LP Goldtop Traditional.  I play through a VOX AC15 with a Marshall Bluesbreaker2 and DD3 in front.  I'd like to expand my sound by adding another amp (combo) in the 15 watt range.  Run them kind of in stereo but one clean and one with effects...any suggestions on another tube combo amp that can give me an nice expressive sound leaning torwards Joe's sound

"Gibby"

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

LesPaul4 wrote:

Along the same lines as this thread, I could use some advice.  I play blues and classic rock.  I have a Fender American Deluxe Strat, Les Paul Studio and a LP Goldtop Traditional.  I play through a VOX AC15 with a Marshall Bluesbreaker2 and DD3 in front.  I'd like to expand my sound by adding another amp (combo) in the 15 watt range.  Run them kind of in stereo but one clean and one with effects...any suggestions on another tube combo amp that can give me an nice expressive sound leaning torwards Joe's sound

"Gibby"

Back on topic...Thanks.  It all depends on your budget.  A couple of amps that come to my mind are a Dr. Z Maz 18 reverb, Fender Blues Jr., Marshall 1974X, Fender Deluxe Reverb RI, ect.  I tried a low-wattage tweed combo from Valve Train amplifiers that blew me away.  It really boils down to the American or British thing.  To me, Joe has more of a British sound as of late so that may be a safer bet.  Depends on what Joe sound/vibe you are trying to emulate, the Marshall rock thing or the Dumble refined type tones.  I would probably get something American (6L6's or 6v6's) with an effects loop and put the DD-3 in the loop.  Maybe a Ceriatone Overtone 1x12 combo? They have nice midrange where IMO Vox amps don't have enough for my tastes.  Mine does the Dumble thing very well.  Good luck!

'67 and '74 Fender Twin Reverbs, '74 Marshall 1987 lead mkII, Metro Superlead 100. Pedals from TC Electronic, Ibanez, Dunlop, BK Butler, Electro-Harmonix, Fulltone, Maestro/Gibson, Loopmaster switching, VoodooLab, Boss. Gibson and Fender guitars, Dimarzio pickups.

Saturday i'm going to shop for a new amp, it's either going to be the Marshall Vintage Modern 50 watt head or a Bogner Alchemist head..what do you guys think? for a nice blues/rock-tone?

The Marshall is more of a plexi style amp I guess, but i'm worried there isn't enough gain from the amp itself?

im very very sorry about what i have sayed  Alex i have miss understud your post
and i like to apollogize i know you could slap me now (with right)
and if you dont take my apollogize i understand that

its my poor english i make it good for you please sorry sorry sorry
Geko

Geko,

no worries. It takes more to rattle my cage.
We crossed our wires and now lets get back to topic. smile

Alex

www.u2-experience.de

Stratovari wrote:

Geko,

no worries. It takes more to rattle my cage.
We crossed our wires and now lets get back to topic. smile

Alex

Thanks Alex you are a greatone
thanks very very mutch wink

Pieter-Jan wrote:

Saturday i'm going to shop for a new amp, it's either going to be the Marshall Vintage Modern 50 watt head or a Bogner Alchemist head..what do you guys think? for a nice blues/rock-tone?

The Marshall is more of a plexi style amp I guess, but i'm worried there isn't enough gain from the amp itself?

Depends what you need it to do.  The VM is pretty much a one trick pony (albeit a good trick you can hit with pedals), the Alchemist is a far more versatile package with many more tones on tap.  Are the tones the same quality as in the VM ? thats for your ears to decide - but the Alchemist will ultimately be a far more versatile rig, the VM might look cooler smile

Well I decided to go for the VM! It's a great amp, low dynamic range is kinda plexi-like, I keep my maxon OD808 always on to get the overdrive I need..really like it!!

Does anyone have any experience with or opinion on Fender Super Sonic 112?

http://www.fender.com/products//search. … 2160500400

I'm thinking about trading in my Vox ac15 for a 40 watt or better tube amp and this one have caught my eye cuz I can get a new one for under $1,000 USD.

My G.A.S. has changed to A.A.S.,,,,LOL

Barry

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

I tried it in a shop. I think it needs some tweak around but the clean channel was very good.
Especially in the vibrolux mode. Just try it. Its loud enough and sounds good.

Alex

www.u2-experience.de